Player and Paypal

Player and Paypal

Postby fletch_al » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:17 am

Just thinking that Player would spend the time better trying to make the damn thing work rather than finding new ways for us to pay for it!

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 49,00.html

"as a member you will never miss a game again" - That a guarantee?! :evil:
fletch_al

Re: Player and Paypal

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:30 am

not even going to consider paying a penny untill all the faults are sorted.
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:02 pm

I for one will not renew.

This is a Perform(?), or lack of, problem.

Not an attack on the people at our end who run it.
morecambe mick

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:41 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I for one will not renew.

This is a Perform(?), or lack of, problem.

Not an attack on the people at our end who run it.

Agree 100%. The guys delivering the commentary are improving all the time. Player themselves are an appalling company who are quite happy to take money and not provide the service. I would think they are actually acting illegally but because the sums of money are so small, people like me don't bother to fight them. I will sign up to the free service when offered, then cancel again. I'm certainly not going to give them any more money.

Incidentally, when you cancel your subscription, free or otherwise, they then tell you it "may take ten days to process" so they will take another payment off you if close to the cancellation date. Again, I doubt the legality of doing this (without refunding the money) but I haven't got the time to fight them.

I wonder how much the club get from them to make it worth while? I bet that some Fat bloke with Media experience could do a better job. If we/they knew how much the club receives from Platform/Player, I wonder if local advertising would bring more money in? It would also be an interesting selling point for ground & programme advert selling if the 'match sponsor' (etc) knew they would receive multi-platform exposure. As it is, I bet Player make most of their profit selling adverts to Chrysler et al rather than the subscriptions, hence they will care only about the advertising accounts and not the paying customers. If the people who buy pitch & programme adverts could also have an advert on the official site, would they pay that bit more?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion