available managers

available managers

Postby mazatec » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Lets face it someone must keep up to date CVs .

Who would be on that list capable and available to manage a lower league side , say division 2.

Our highly thought of ex player Brian healy. comes to mind, as does Fleetwood manager but he is Scottish . Garry Neville or Paul scholes would have us all drawling over Potts pies.a dream

However the favourite in my opinion must be the guy who lives at Garstang is Sam's number two , and did a brilliant job at Carlisle until his departure under a cloud if rumours are correct
mazatec

Re: available managers

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Keep sanity, keep McIlroy.
Bare Ben

Postby ockers » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:23 pm

keep taking the tablets.........
ockers

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:26 pm

what tablets would they be :?: :?: :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 am

You have lost me with the Carlisle bit?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby alwaysright » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 am

Yeh lets keep Mcllroy and lets keep playing boring negative football, oh yeh i nearly forgot this is the best squad of players we have ever had so it cant be the managers fault !!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 am

P/T Indie wrote:You have lost me with the Carlisle bit?

He is talking about Kevin McDonald , now Sam Allardyce's assistant at Blackburn.

He was sacked at Carlisle after the first game of the season a couple of years ago (a 1-1 away draw at Walsall !)

Didnt know he lived locally though.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:32 am

I was thinking I didn't know Lilills had moved to Garstang and when was he ever at Carlisle :?

As much as I would love to see Jimbo and Lillis have a crack I know it will never happen.

Really we need to be looking at people who have managed in league 1 if possible like when we brought Sammy in he had managed at the next level up and had the contacts of players in a higher division which made the difference to get us out of the conference.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 pm

wow really thinking of another manager?

I think that is so stupid I am a charlton athletic fan and sammy mac says you know where teams will finish after 10 games.

well sammy Charlton after the 4-0 home defeat vs brighton were 14th and look four league games later were 2nd with 4 clean sheet in five games.

Why would Morecambe want another manager I was under the impression that Morecambe had changed after the 5-0 win over Stockport.

sorry Morecambe talk i know
essex_shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:11 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:
sorry Morecambe talk i know

Don't be ! That's what this board is all about. MORECAMBE talk ! :lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:15 pm

oh course Morecambe site and as everyone on this site knows I am a Charlton Athletic fan and out of the blue Morecambe became my second team and I do not mind one bit.

Just wondering why do Morecambe want Sammy gone and I did say about Charlton being 15th and fans booing the team off now look at the addicks five games later 2nd place.

Surly Morecambe can do the same and climb the league starting with a good 1-0 win over Cheltenham?
essex_shrimp

Postby Pobble » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Keep sanity, keep McIlroy.

Keep being bored, keep being frustrated, keep watching a man not up to the job he is paid to do.
Pobble

Postby shrimper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Pobble wrote:

Keep being bored, keep being frustrated, keep watching a man not up to the job he is paid to do.

Okay... as my evidence to the contrary I'll submit his record of having got this club promoted in his first full season in charge and then seen it reach the highest position in its entire history each successive season.

The floor is yours, sir.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Sammy h » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:42 pm

shrimper wrote:
Pobble wrote:

Okay... as my evidence to the contrary I'll submit his record of having got this club promoted in his first full season in charge and then seen it reach the highest position in its entire history each successive season.

The floor is yours, sir.

IMO it was only a matter of time before we did go up. Not taking anything away from him, he made a couple of great signings to get us up.

It just seems to be one extreme to the other with some opinions on here. Football is a results business, forget all the crap we are little Morecambe etc, I think we should be pushing for the play offs.

Best squad we have ever had..........
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Pobble wrote:

Obviously these are your opinions as I am neither bored nor frustrated. I am worried and sick, worried that opinions like this will tempt the board into making a rash decision, and sick of hearing them. It's pantomime on here at the moment, we're not winning every week like the back end of the previous season so if we're winning it's because of the system and the style of play yet if we lose it's because of the system and the style of play. :roll: The consistency will arrive when it matters and you'll all love him again in April. Thankfully the board ARE sane and won't anything daft. Do it your way and sack him, and watch us go down. There I've said it.
Bare Ben

Postby Loglayer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Ryan giggs player manager, and Paul scholes as his player assistant. Sorted. But seriously stick with sammy for a while yet.
Loglayer

Postby MfcChris » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:15 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:oh course Morecambe site and as everyone on this site knows I am a Charlton Athletic fan and out of the blue Morecambe became my second team and I do not mind one bit.

Just wondering why do Morecambe want Sammy gone and I did say about Charlton being 15th and fans booing the team off now look at the addicks five games later 2nd place.

Surly Morecambe can do the same and climb the league starting with a good 1-0 win over Cheltenham?

3rd place, he said it, he did.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Joe Oh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Remember what happened last season? Highest finish ever.

I think we should make a rule saying you can't post messages saying we should sack Sammy unless you suggest a realistic alternative manager who is likely to do better. I appreciate that mazatec was trying to do that but the replies have been bollocks.

This board is full of idiots who seem to think that as soon as Sammy goes Alex Ferguson is going to take over and win us the Champions League.
Joe Oh

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Like we keep saying, we WILL turn this around.

We are all as one as Morecambe SUPPORTERS and Sammy will get this right.

Ok, it is frustrating, but we need the lads to have our support more than ever right now.

Keep The Faith and the good times will return.
Seasider9601

Postby shrimper » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Like we keep saying, we WILL turn this around.

We are all as one as Morecambe SUPPORTERS and Sammy will get this right.

He may or he may not. My point is that, unlike anyone else, he can claim the CV to prove he is capable of doing that and has done it with this club and all the circumstances that go with this club.

He won't go on forever of course, no manager does. But he has the specific track record to show he is capable of doing well here.

And I've certainly not seen evidence over a run of games that suggests the players aren't doing their best for him, which is usually a bad sign of things falling apart.

We've had a few dodgy results, some poor goals given away and one or two bad individual performances but then it's been interspersed with very good displays all round - there's no worrying downward pattern at all.

I trust him to get it right.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Joe Oh wrote:the replies have been bollocks.

This board is full of idiots who seem to think that as soon as Sammy goes Alex Ferguson is going to take over and win us the Champions League.

I have repeatedly said that anyone who takes this forum seriously needs to go outside and shake their head! It may at times act as a weathervane of opinion, but even then, I wouldn't trust the veracity of that claim too far. One of the great things about an on-line forum is that everyone is equal. One of the problems with an on-line forum is everyone is equal! An eight year old calling for a change of manager would not be taken seriously if calling for that at a match but on here... who knows? SOMETIMES the board/management should listen and give 'consideration' to what is said (for example the number of complaints regarding the catering etc behind the MBW are so many, then something needs to be done) but generally, they should treat it with the same degree of 'authority' that they would to a conversation overheard in the pub... or school playground.

Just take it with a pinch of salt and join in with talking bollocks!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby essex_shrimp » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Agree with you Keith.

Lets all go and watch the England game hoping that Henderson is good enough for the squad
essex_shrimp

Postby ockers » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:55 pm

looking forward to saturday thats what matters to me at the moment getting behind the lads liek any true shrimps supporter and hopefully enjoying us batter cheltenham
we have it in us to do it big time..............
would love to chat to sammy post match celebrating a 4 0 win
ockers

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Or even celebrating a scabby 1-0 win I would be made up with.

It WILL happen on Saturday ! 3 points for us, I can see it coming !

Confidence everybody !!
Seasider9601

Postby Joe Oh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Fair point, Keith. Turn of phrase, I suppose. I know the board isn't "full" of negative people. In fact, most people are pretty sensible about the form we're in instead of being knee-jerk.

I'm definitely looking forward to the start of our usual mid-season run of super form.
Joe Oh

Next

Return to General Discussion