MCILROY AND THE BOARD

MCILROY AND THE BOARD

Postby the stowford press » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:08 am

Like morecambe and wise or lennon and mccartney!no not really,these two chumps have turned this club into a laughing stock in record time.Sammy the man-manager of the decade who can take good exciting players and blunt them within days,a man totally uninspiring who just flaps his arms up n down like a penguin trying to take off when things go wrong.Then comes the board,the declining numbers say it all,what used to be an enjoyable day out has now become a miserable experience,badly designed stadium,over inflated prices,shambolic half-time planning ie running out of food and drinks regularly,long queues being treat like cattle.One last thing,the landscaping outside the new sainsburys!,very neat and tidy,just like outside the Glo.....,mebe not,perhaps the council should make em tidy it up a bit,put some allotments there maybe,do us all a favour
the stowford press

Re: MCILROY AND THE BOARD

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:23 am

could you please put your toys back in here pressy :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Freez » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 am

Another brave little soldier registering under a silly pseudonym! By all means comment and validate complaints but "laughing stock"?
Get a grip! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:33 am

we just need "Negative Ned" to jump on the bandwagon now !!

if we win our next 3 matches and score a few goals they will disappear until the next bad patch.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:56 am

the stowford press wrote:Like morecambe and wise or lennon and mccartney!no not really,these two chumps have turned this club into a laughing stock in record time.Sammy the man-manager of the decade who can take good exciting players and blunt them within days,a man totally uninspiring who just flaps his arms up n down like a penguin trying to take off when things go wrong.Then comes the board,the declining numbers say it all,what used to be an enjoyable day out has now become a miserable experience,badly designed stadium,over inflated prices,shambolic half-time planning ie running out of food and drinks regularly,long queues being treat like cattle.One last thing,the landscaping outside the new sainsburys!,very neat and tidy,just like outside the Glo.....,mebe not,perhaps the council should make em tidy it up a bit,put some allotments there maybe,do us all a favour

Well well done you have just beaten this record and all by yourself. Gold star. :D
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Some of these knockers on their keyboards need to relax a bit!

Take a leaf out of this book..............

WARNING ADULT CONTENT :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

keyboobsfloppy.jpg

Sorry my camera slipped at the time and I am now in her bad books :oops:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Shrimpman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:we just need "Negative Ned" to jump on the bandwagon now !!

if we win our next 3 matches and score a few goals they will disappear until the next bad patch.

and what if we dont win our next 3 matches what then?
Shrimpman

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Shrimpman wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:we just need "Negative Ned" to jump on the bandwagon now !!

I think the man that matters (PMG) has faith in Sammy.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:26 pm

I suspect this is all a massive wind-up but that's never stopped us jumping up and down before sooo...

The thing is this....

ANY new manager we brought in would fall into one of a few categories:

Someone successful at a lower level but untried in the Football League.
Someone who has been a decent player, perhaps, but is untried as a manager.
Someone who has had success in the Football League but wasn't successful towards the end of his time at his most recent club (or why would he be available to us?).

I suppose there may be another category - that being a manager who HAS a good record in the League, is still doing well with his current club but would give that up to join us, seeing us as a better long-term prospect. I think we could count those on the fingers of one, erm, finger.

Whereas we currently have a manager who has been extremely successful both at his current club and at another one very similar to ours (which in any other circumstance would be a great CV for us).

We are going through a bit of an up and down run of results and performances. Do we judge our manager on that, or on his record before that?

Any decision to remove Sammy right now, in my opinion, would be one of panic, would present enormous risks, would be grossly unfair on a manager who has consistently turned round dodgy runs of form to get us to our highest positions season after season - and would be one I think our board will be sensible enough not to make.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:30 pm

shrimper wrote:ANY new manager we brought in would fall into one of a few categories:

Someone who has had success in the Football League but wasn't successful towards the end of his time at his most recent club (or why would he be available to us?).

Classic example of :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Penney
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:33 pm

.....there's also another possible manager...someone who is currently at a League club as a No2 but has the ambition to do things 'his way'. He would be my first choice,as and when it comes to having to make that decision.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Christies Child wrote:.....there's also another possible manager...someone who is currently at a League club as a No2 but has the ambition to do things 'his way'. He would be my first choice,as and when it comes to having to make that decision.

Chris Brass at Bury, CC ? ;)
Seasider9601

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Good example, blimey he is a bit of a forgotten man.

I am just getting De Ja Vue at the moment when the debate about if JH should go everyone said but we will never get anyone else.

"Someone who has had success in the Football League but wasn't successful towards the end of his time at his most recent club (or why would he be available to us?)."

All mangers have a life span at every club unless you are Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger so just because they might not be currently succedsful at their current club doesn't mean they are a bad manager. If they had this early success at a higher level say getting teams out of League two or success in league 1 then they should be able to do a job for us.

If Sammy left Morecambe would this stop other clubs looking at him would they say he has not been as succesful at the end of his time at Morecambe not at all, I would expect him to get another job quite easily and in his first couple of years probably do quite well.

If a sales manager of a company has constant rises in his sales figures for 3 years but then they level out the company might give him a golden handshake and bring a fresh face in to move the sale figures to the next level. The old sales manager would soon get a new job pointing out that in his last position he had 3 years of continious growth.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:54 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Good example, blimey he is a bit of a forgotten man.

I am just getting De Ja Vue at the moment when the debate about if JH should go everyone said but we will never get anyone else.

"Someone who has had success in the Football League but wasn't successful towards the end of his time at his most recent club (or why would he be available to us?)."

All mangers have a life span at every club unless you are Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger so just because they might not be currently succedsful at their current club doesn't mean they are a bad manager. If they had this early success at a higher level say getting teams out of League two or success in league 1 then they should be able to do a job for us.

If Sammy left Morecambe would this stop other clubs looking at him would they say he has not been as succesful at the end of his time at Morecambe not at all, I would expect him to get another job quite easily and in his first couple of years probably do quite well.

Sammy was out of work when he came to us. Doesn't follow that he would want or even get another job

If a sales manager of a company has constant rises in his sales figures for 3 years but then they level out the company might give him a golden handshake and bring a fresh face in to move the sale figures to the next level. The old sales manager would soon get a new job pointing out that in his last position he had 3 years of continious growth.

If only that was true. I know of former colleagues who have had success after success, but because of a recent dip in fortune they are now out of work. Companies are only interested in what you can bring to the table 'now' NOT what one did in the past.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Pobble » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:56 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Some of these knockers on their keyboards need to relax a bit!

Take a leaf out of this book..............

I bet they can both play better than any of last Saturdays team !!!!!!
Sign them on.

WARNING ADULT CONTENT :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

keyboobsfloppy.jpg

Sorry my camera slipped at the time and I am now in her bad books :oops:
Pobble

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Thought you had replied for a moment Pobble. Are your hands shaking? :lol:

Are yes see it now. Yes a good pair ;)
Last edited by marky No.1 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:14 pm

His hands are shaking like a dog in a Chinese Restaurant !!
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:17 pm

"I bet they can both play better than any of last Saturdays team !!!!!!
Sign them on."

I thought you were saying we didn't need any more tits in the team. Make your mind up lad!
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:31 pm

We are going through a bit of an up and down run of results and performances. Do we judge our manager on that, or on his record before that?

Any decision to remove Sammy right now, in my opinion, would be one of panic, would present enormous risks, would be grossly unfair on a manager who has consistently turned round dodgy runs of form to get us to our highest positions season after season - and would be one I think our board will be sensible enough not to make.

i 2nd that although Sammy does my head in with selections and formations

bringing another manager in doesn't guarantee success although there is only two people i would trust in-charge of MFC and thats Colman or Bentley but only along with a top experienced assistant(father figure) who can pull Jim up
George Dawes

Postby ellandback » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Shrimpman wrote:

ellandback

Postby Aspers » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Sammy has my vote. Good manager, consistently doing well, he is more frustrated than any of us I'll wager.

Some of you think we have a god given right to be where we are. We are where we are because of teamwork, we are in the football league.
Great work Sammy, Great Work the Directors.

Being the manager of Morecambe would be the easiest thing in the world all you have to do is log on here and let a bunch of numpties tell you your job.

So continue to moan and knock all you moaners and knockers, you have every right to do so but remember when you hound Sammy out and we are playing Halifax in the evo stick north don't blame me.
Aspers

Postby alwaysright » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 pm

And who's to say by sticking with him, we wont be playing Halifax next season ???.......personaly i think he has till christmas to turn things around
alwaysright

Postby broadwayshrimp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:45 pm

alwaysright wrote:And who's to say by sticking with him, we wont be playing Halifax next season ???.......personaly i think he has till christmas to turn things around

Because Halifax are stuck in the Evostick league
broadwayshrimp

Postby Pobble » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:46 am

Seasider9601 wrote:His hands are shaking like a dog in a Chinese Restaurant !!

Not only my hands that are shaking!!!
Pobble

Postby Pobble » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:50 am

DawZi wrote:

i 2nd that although Sammy does my head in with selections and formations

bringing another manager in doesn't guarantee success although there is only two people i would trust in-charge of MFC and thats Colman or Bentley but only along with a top experienced assistant(father figure) who can pull Jim up

What about Father Christmas ? He would be better than anything we have at the moment.
Pobble

Next

Return to General Discussion