Stuart Hendrie

Stuart Hendrie

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:11 pm

Thought he looked sharp when he came on,hope we keep giving him 10-20 minutes every game :!: dont really understand why we have not tried him before :x
bentomlinsonMFC

Re: Stuart Hendrie

Postby marky » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Haven't you heard? He's not ready... :roll:
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:19 pm

marky wrote:Haven't you heard? He's not ready... :roll:

It makes me mad not ready, i thought he looked good. I think it would work really well with him and mullin upfront as mullin would win in and he could use his pace.but then again jevo is on form :?
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Too young, for sure, too young

wrong side of 30, 20 even

far too young
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:38 am

Well smart boots he had on though.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:10 am

It is a huge step up for Hendrie from Conference North up to Mighty League Two with Morecambe.

And I do think we should give Hendrie more of a try I know we got Jevons scoring and Spencer and Mullin also.

Does Spencer loan spell finish in January?
essex_shrimp

Postby feelingguilty » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:21 am

How many people on here were having a go at the boss re Aaron Taylor who was the next big thing if only given a chance.

Alright, not here but he has been given a chance - surely some other L2 club would have snapped him up, or has the boss been proved right again.

One thing looking good in reserves / for 10 mins / being young / being quick - doesnt necessarily mean you are good enough.

The suggestion of Mullin / Hendrie - must mean the author thinks he would do a better job than Jevons.
feelingguilty

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 am

Aaron Taylor went to Kendal Town - and has since been released ........
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:42 am

Seasider9601 wrote:Aaron Taylor went to Kendal Town - and has since been released ........

Could be because of attitude....same when at Barrow.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Ntini » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:54 am

Perhaps Sammy is just trying him out so that he can be a stand in as Spencer has been when his loan finishes. It doesn't mean he's going to get games, but at least we would have someone who is able to run out for the last 20mins should Jevo/Mullin get a knock or worse...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby feelingguilty » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:58 am

Seasider9601 wrote:Aaron Taylor went to Kendal Town - and has since been released ........

Thats my point - how many on hear believed he should of been given his chance.
feelingguilty

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 pm

feelingguilty wrote:

Thats my point - how many on hear believed he should of been given his chance.

Aaron Taylor was terrible. A slower, less prolific version of Jon Newby.
Joel Ninety

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:44 pm

I was excited by the prospect of Hendrie, reading what I did when he signed.

I haven't seen him in the Reserves which would have given me an idea of whether he was worth a longer run-out for the first team. Sammy has, and he's seen him in training etc.

I haven't heard anything about him doing anything special in the Ressies since the pre-season Wrexham game.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Everyone is piping up about Sammys youth policy again - has there actually been any local talent we have missed out on? Aaron Taylor was hyped up at the time and the fact he is now playing for Morecambe Royals says it all (No offence any Morecambe Royals players). None of the younger players Sammy has let go have gone on to do anything at other clubs to suggest he has made a mistake.

Sammy has also brought in Andy Parrish, one of our best players when he was only 19/20 and who was let go by Bury. Most people didn't think he was up to much in his first season here then last season he was superb. Sammy has to take some credit for that so I am happy to trust what Sammy does with the younger players over what people on here think he should be doing.
Morecambe Jack

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Is there any chance of the club moving a reserve game to the Globe just so fans who can't get to the games at Kendal can see the players who don't have much time in the first team play?
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:49 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Is there any chance of the club moving a reserve game to the Globe just so fans who can't get to the games at Kendal can see the players who don't have much time in the first team play?

And also too for the benefit of any Season Ticket Holders who are entitled to free admission to the Reserve games, but who possibly can't get up to Kendal.
Seasider9601

Postby ezz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:02 pm

I'd rather not mess up the pitch just to see reserve action, plus and decent players would stand out better on a crappier pitch.....weed out the ones who wont make it.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Sammy h » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:12 pm

I would prefer the reserve games at the globe too.
Sammy h

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Sammy h wrote:I would prefer the reserve games at the globe too.

The reseve games would have been alot closer to home had a certain blue team not told us to go to hell when asked.
(Then they complain when we pull out of a pre-season friendly with them :roll: )
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Bearing in mind that the pitch is new then for that reason alone, the move to Kendal is justified. To those who wish for games to be played at The Arena, previous attendances at reserve games when at CP really don't warrant playing at The Arena and putting the pitch at risk.

Ideally playing at the Axe would have been the perfect solution but their Chairman is so anti MFC and anything connected to us that there was no chance. His loss and Kendal's gain.

It must really have upset him when a key member of their Commercial team decided that The Globe offered better prospects..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attendances at the Lakeland Radio Stadium are OK but a few more wouldn't go amiss. Even if it's to keep CC company... :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Aaron Taylor was the worst player I have ever seen at Morecambe. McIlroy gave him too many games and he gave no threat. The other teams must've thought it was Christmas when they were playing against him!
Little Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Aaron Taylor was the worst player I have ever seen at Morecambe. McIlroy gave him too many games and he gave no threat. The other teams must've thought it was Christmas when they were playing against him!

You've not been watching Morecambe then to be honest. No insult meant there like.

A certain Darren Clifford MUST be the worst ever squad member we've EVER had here.

There will no doubt follow a list of players who failed to impress the Morecambe faithful, I dare say someone will mention a sub brought on to be taken off about 10 mins later!! :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Christies Child wrote:Ideally playing at the Axe would have been the perfect solution but their Chairman is so anti MFC and anything connected to us that there was no chance. His loss and Kendal's gain.

As he is so "anti MFC", why the HELL would we ever want to vote for the Dollies to win £10k worth of ground improvements ???!!!
Seasider9601

Postby Sammy h » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Aaron Taylor was the worst player I have ever seen at Morecambe. McIlroy gave him too many games and he gave no threat. The other teams must've thought it was Christmas when they were playing against him!

A little harsh IMO. He played too many games??????? Did he? Not from what I can remember.
Sammy h

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Sammy h is right,yes right, whatever the outcome, aaron never got many games, he was nowhere near the worst player for us, and attitude has been quoted rather than lack of ability, but none of us know one way or the other.

regarding stuart hendrie, even if he did have a run and did well, he is a loan player, and will be going back soon anyway, wayne curtis should have been retained and played as a center forward,artell should have been kept, anyone who thinks, yes, but we are moving forward, needs to ask themselves, why can we only bring people in when we move people out, the ones we bring in are ones that were let go anyway :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Next

Return to General Discussion