Is the Globe growing on you?

Is the Globe growing on you?

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:23 am

It is for me. The new scoreboard may well just tip the balance over CP! :lol:

I only hope the club can sort out the catering and some cover at the back of the MBW Stand as I can see them losing lots of business just because of the queues and bad weather. Maybe even a gazebo like we had at Christie might improve things, but really we should be looking at a proper concourse and a TV to watch the half time results on.

Other than that I think the Globe just needs a few more advertising board up (which will come in time), a bit more red paint and perhaps a 'Welcome to the Globe Area' sign over the North Terrace entrance to remind everyone where they are at! :lol:

Overall a cracking ground for a club of our size. Now the ground is nearly finished we need some progression on the pitch!
Wild Bill

Re: Is the Globe growing on you?

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Yes for me now it almost feels like home a few more wins there should do the trick!
heysham_mfc

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:24 pm

All we need to do now is make it a fortress like CP.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:04 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Other than that I think the Globe just needs a few more advertising board up (which will come in time), a bit more red paint!

More red indeed. Get them horrible grey bars painted. I can only assume they are not done because we ran out of time. Next summer then.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby DTSJim » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:31 pm

MfcChris wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Other than that I think the Globe just needs a few more advertising board up (which will come in time), a bit more red paint!

More red indeed. Get them horrible grey bars painted. I can only assume they are not done because we ran out of time. Next summer then.

Apparantly you're not allowed to paint thm due to health and safety 'because you won't be able to see if they rust.'

Typical H+S bollocks.
DTSJim

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:41 pm

DTSJim wrote:
MfcChris wrote: Apparantly you're not allowed to paint thm due to health and safety 'because you won't be able to see if they rust.'

Typical H+S bollocks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Get out of here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd love to see an official comment if that is right and what bit of H&S covers that! I did hear something about why they aren't painted but I can't remember what it was. I think it was something about they couldn't be painted for 'x' months which sounds more believable.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:54 pm

speaking of new grounds and fortresses Chesterfield find their field of dreams and are taking to it like ducks to water->

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... tml#270434

people on here were saying why have a ground that big, it will look silly empty well it doesn't look silly to me on this photo and they have actually been getting bigger gates attracting more support

so if they do manage to maintain there form and promotion to L1 then it's been job well done for them.
George Dawes

Postby outsider » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:15 pm

average home crowed this season is 6,401
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby DTSJim » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Keith wrote:
DTSJim wrote:
MfcChris wrote: Apparantly you're not allowed to paint thm due to health and safety 'because you won't be able to see if they rust.'

Typical H+S bollocks.

I'd love to see an official comment if that is right and what bit of H&S covers that! I did hear something about why they aren't painted but I can't remember what it was. I think it was something about they couldn't be painted for 'x' months which sounds more believable.

Essentially what you're saying is you don't know why they aren't painted, but despite the fact that I do, you think you know better. Good for you.
DTSJim

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:36 pm

outsider wrote:average home crowed this season is 6,401

not sure the point your trying to make there but this is quoted off the link i gave before pointing out the new support they have attracted its fairly impressive
But perhaps the most ringing endorsement for the new stadium comes in the form of increased attendances. The club have an identical home record to last season following their opening eight home fixtures, with seven wins and one draw. Yet the average crowd in 2010 is 6,244, in contrast with 3,593 a year ago.
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

DawZi wrote:speaking of new grounds and fortresses Chesterfield find their field of dreams and are taking to it like ducks to water->

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... tml#270434

people on here were saying why have a ground that big, it will look silly empty well it doesn't look silly to me on this photo and they have actually been getting bigger gates attracting more support

so if they do manage to maintain there form and promotion to L1 then it's been job well done for them.

Are you CC in disguise Dawzi? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Are you CC in disguise Dawzi?

well i have not realy been taking any notice at all with the top end of L2 this season and just came across this article with there success before and i was :o
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:26 pm

DTSJim wrote:
Keith wrote:
DTSJim wrote: Apparantly you're not allowed to paint thm due to health and safety 'because you won't be able to see if they rust.'

Typical H+S bollocks.

Essentially what you're saying is you don't know why they aren't painted, but despite the fact that I do, you think you know better. Good for you.

"APPARENTLY" suggests that you've been told it, rather than "know it" as a matter of fact. As you are now saying you "know" this to be the case, then I'd ask you to demonstrate this fact so that I can quite happily apologise for ever doubting you! Generally stuff that rusts gets painted to stop it rusting. I can't imagine "Health & Safety" saying boats can no longer be painted because you won't be able to see if they are rusting!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Keith wrote: Generally stuff that rusts gets painted to stop it rusting. I can't imagine "Health & Safety" saying boats can no longer be painted because you won't be able to see if they are rusting!

Not being painted for health or safety reasons? Total b$ll$cks! No doubt they will get painted in the close season, just like the ones in the North Stand at CP did after a few months of being grey steel coloured.

May I also suggest the the club that we get a few flag poles?
Wild Bill

Postby Shrimpman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:59 pm

The barriers have been galvanised which unless they are treated with a special chemical called "T wash " when they have been dipped you have to wait a while for the surface to "weather" or you end up with whatever paint you apply not sticking properly & some paints do react with the zinc causing what looks like a rust stain.
I do hope they have plans to paint them in the closed season because at the moment the ground does look rather grey, a bit like Lincoln's away shirts :lol:
Shrimpman

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:10 pm

The Globe is not growing on me at all. The crowds are plummeting fast, well under 2,000 home supporters at the game yesterday. A Saturday with decent weather and a fair distance from husbands being dragged Christmas shopping, cause for concern. This may have something to do with the performances on the pitch, I hope that it does as that can quickly be fixed. We could quite easily be getting lower crowds in our brand new stadium than those we were getting at christie very soon indeed. More champagne and peanuts, less fans. Not what the board intended I'm sure when they spent £12 million on a three-sided ground that has restictef viewing and a shit home end.
RedRedWine1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:28 pm

think leg room winey, leg room and programmes, oh, and best pies in the league courtesy of potts pies :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Nope not growing on me at all, although £2 a pint of potted shrimp helps.

I drove past Sainsbury's the other day and saw acrosss the car parks and I was wishing I was still stood there watching football.

I went past the B2net the other day and it's really nice I think when we go there in Feb you will all be really impressed.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Aside from 23 home games a year the bar is empty and most probably running at a big loss. The pipe dream that is inviting companies to build their own business units and then charge them a rent given that there are already several empty units in the town has resulted in the ground looking tatty and unfinished upon approach. They should have listened to punkisdead and built a petting zoo that housed a giraffe called Steve.
RedRedWine1

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:47 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Aside from 23 home games a year the bar is empty and most probably running at a big loss. The pipe dream that is inviting companies to build their own business units and then charge them a rent given that there are already several empty units in the town has resulted in the ground looking tatty and unfinished upon approach. They should have listened to punkisdead and built a petting zoo that housed a giraffe called Steve.

A friend of mine said just yesteday how the new bar seems to be turning into a white elephant.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:28 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Aside from 23 home games a year the bar is empty and most probably running at a big loss. The pipe dream that is inviting companies to build their own business units and then charge them a rent given that there are already several empty units in the town has resulted in the ground looking tatty and unfinished upon approach. They should have listened to punkisdead and built a petting zoo that housed a giraffe called Steve.

Cheerful aren't we! :roll: :roll: :roll:

How many more times do you need to be told.... :?: :?: :?:

The land in front of the Arena is for 'A hotel development probably Premier Inns' and the other side 'A drive in take away........'

Planning permission has already been given, so that is one hurdle out of the way. Now that the Stadium is open, I'm sure that our Commercial Team are already working on securing deals for the land.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Mrs Lion loves the Globe, but I miss the North Stand and CP, I miss the banter and 'proper' fans feel that was evident at every game.

Block C lacks passion, most of the fans where we sit usually drift up from the hospitality section and probably haven't a clue who our players are. They may bring in the money, but they certainly don't boost the atmosphere one scrap.

Yesterday I couldn't muster a shout after half time. We started the game so well and I was sure we were going to demolish Lincoln, but we just let it slip again. This made me miserable and and I haven't recovered yet. So I think that these frustrating performances are affecting my feelings about the Globe.

We both look forward to driving into town, walking toward the stadium, getting the nosh and a brew, wandering up to our seats and exchanging pleasantries with those around and getting into the game...but yesterday it didn't happen. The new scoreboard looked great, but the ground looked dull to me...the singing was heartless to begin with and got worse as the players seemed to fall into a similar state of apathy.

After the fabulous rainbow it all went grey, the ground wasn't like a home it was more like the departure lounge at an airport, and I was glad to hear the final whistle. I am fed up of seeing the mud heap beside the beautifully manicured Christie Way, couldn't they have showered it with grass seed to put some life into it?

Morecambe are my team, and I will be there at every home game ready to sing if I can just find a handful of other like minded people. Perhaps the Globe will grow on me...but it hasn't yet.
Caged Lion

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm

in 2 or 3 years when the dust settles, and we are bobbing between league 2 and the conference, jimbo as manager, sammy running macclesfeeled and lillis coaching at hull, it will all make sense :lol: :lol:

its only a game :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am

RedRedWine wrote:The Globe is not growing on me at all. The crowds are plummeting fast, well under 2,000 home supporters at the game yesterday. A Saturday with decent weather and a fair distance from husbands being dragged Christmas shopping, cause for concern. This may have something to do with the performances on the pitch, I hope that it does as that can quickly be fixed. We could quite easily be getting lower crowds in our brand new stadium than those we were getting at christie very soon indeed. More champagne and peanuts, less fans. Not what the board intended I'm sure when they spent £12 million on a three-sided ground that has restictef viewing and a shit home end.

The attendance was 2,085 yesturday and we have not had a gate under 2,000 yet this season which I belive is a record for MFC.
heysham_mfc

Postby Curly » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 am

Christies Child wrote:

Cheerful aren't we! :roll: :roll: :roll:

How many more times do you need to be told.... :?: :?: :?:

The land in front of the Arena is for 'A hotel development probably Premier Inns' and the other side 'A drive in take away........'

Planning permission has already been given, so that is one hurdle out of the way. Now that the Stadium is open, I'm sure that our Commercial Team are already working on securing deals for the land.

What happens if some very rare newts move onto the freshly ploughed turnip fields at the front of The Globe?
Planning permission is all well and good, but those little amphibious bastards could ruin everything!
Lets just get the petting zoo up and running as soon as poss, starting with a few giant tortoises for the kids to ride on.
If the newts move in later, they just provide additional fauna.
The giraffe called Steve could be trained to lick the solar roof panels clean too, a maintenance
requisite missing from some previous post.
The rusting of the crush barriers can easily be solved by fixing large blocks of manganese to them, whilst standing them in sea water, just like ships.
Are there any plans to screen that bit of Emmerdale that you missed, via SKY+ , on the new
scoreboard, at half time, while its not doing much?
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Next

Return to General Discussion