If only

If only

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:54 am

Just watched the West Ham v Blackpool game and have to admire the way that Blackpool play. An example being when they broke with pace from their own half and had 4 men in West Ham's box in the blink of an eye!

Superb entertainment. Something that is sadly lacking from our lads at the moment.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: If only

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:05 am

Sammy needs to watch some videos of Blackpool & West Brom and listen to Ian Holloway say "I realised we can't defend so we are better off just going for it".

Yes they might get the odd hiding but they will pick u a few good points as well, teams that just put 10 men behind the ball are easy pickings for the top teams.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:14 am

We had 11 men in their penalty area for 5 minutes and still couldn't score. Said it before but I really wish we had someone who can kick a deal ball straight. When we do manage to win a free kick around the box I never feel it is any advantage to us. Really missed Stanners today.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 am

The reason Blackpool can play like that is that there is no pressure on them.

They were expected to finish bottom.

Holloway knows his job is safe even if they go down.

If they go down they get 4 years of parachute money.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:29 am

marky No.1 wrote:We had 11 men in their penalty area for 5 minutes and still couldn't score. Said it before but I really wish we had someone who can kick a deal ball straight. When we do manage to win a free kick around the box I never feel it is any advantage to us. Really missed Stanners today.

agree about Stanners.

He was the key missing man today. IMHO we now know that Scott Brown is not good enough as a central midfielder and neither is Hunter.

We are crying out for a quality right back and another striker. Sammy said on the radio last night that he can't get anyone in until someone moves out. Errr why sign another left back on a big wage then Sammy , only to sit him on the bench and play reserve games in Kendal. His wages should have gone to a top striker , probably one who wants to come to us and has an ecclesiastical sounding name !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:30 am

marky No.1 wrote:We had 11 men in their penalty area for 5 minutes and still couldn't score. Said it before but I really wish we had someone who can kick a deal ball straight. When we do manage to win a free kick around the box I never feel it is any advantage to us. Really missed Stanners today.

Why the hell 'he' doesn't allow Brown to take free kicks is beyond me! He's one of the few who packs one hell of a punch with his shooting. I've often thought that our freekicks around the box are a wasted opportunity.

Many fans of days past will remember Tony Webber and the number of goals he got direct from freekicks, simply by having a direct pop on goal.
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:32 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

agree about Stanners.

He was the key missing man today. IMHO we now know that Scott Brown is not good enough as a central midfielder and neither is Hunter.

We are crying out for a quality right back and another striker. Sammy said on the radio last night that he can't get anyone in until someone moves out. Errr why sign another left back on a big wage then Sammy , only to sit him on the bench and play reserve games in Kendal. His wages should have gone to a top striker , probably one who wants to come to us and has an ecclesiastical sounding name !

.....but isn't he out with a lengthy injury?
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:33 am

Re Blackpool : As opposed to us with new found expectations and jumping out of the plane, freefalling without the parachute?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parkyboy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:55 am

Oh for a Healy or old timers like me will remember Jimmy Ashwoths bullet like free kicks
parkyboy

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Just posted on another thread that Sammy needs to watch Blackpool play without relising some-one had already started one. Seen Blackpool play a couple of times on TV this season and it's never boring and thats just the pre match interview with Ian Holloway!
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion