Morecambe 1 Lincoln City 2 Jevons

Re: Morecambe 1 Lincoln City 2 Jevons

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:38 pm

alwaysright wrote:Its bad enought losing but losing with a performance like that is not acceptable, no heart, no fight, no passion and worst of all no fucking idea !!!!! and what was the manager doing, sat down on his arse, get rid of him now while we may still have a chance of getting out of the shit he has got the club in !!!!

You crack me up.
I don't think i've ever seen you post anything positive.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby alwaysright » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:40 pm

The only place he will be taking us is out of the football league !!!!!!!!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:43 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:
alwaysright wrote:Its bad enought losing but losing with a performance like that is not acceptable, no heart, no fight, no passion and worst of all no fucking idea !!!!! and what was the manager doing, sat down on his arse, get rid of him now while we may still have a chance of getting out of the shit he has got the club in !!!!

Does the shit include promotion to the football league?

alwaysright wrote:The only place he will be taking us is out of the football league !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take that as a no then.
broadwayshrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:44 pm

It was difficult today without four important players, Stanley, Drummond, Parrish and Fleming.
I still think there are reasons to be positive. Brown did pretty well in the centre, Hunter gave his all, and Jevons has done worse than that, but it didn't work with Haining at full back.
Overall, we can still get to the play offs, we don't need whingers, we need good supporters,
and we can still be on track with a couple of wins. Onwards and upwards! :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:51 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:

You crack me up.
I don't think i've ever seen you post anything positive.

Ignore him, he was even negative after we won 5-0. His name is so ironic.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby alwaysright » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 pm

hahahahahah, brilliant
alwaysright

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:37 pm

The thing is at 1v0 up Lincoln were there for taking they looked a shocking side and happy to sit back and attack us on the break. At time in the first 10mins it wa like a training session for us keeping the ball and we should have just kept going for them like we had done from the kick off.

The the game went flat and things started to go wrong. At the start of the second half I thought we might go for them again like the firts half because if we did it would be game over but no we were just utter rubbish. Sammy should have been telling them at half time attack, attack, attack. Instead they started growing in confidence and we just got worse and worse.

I know there were key players missing today but that's not an excuse for some of the rubbish we saw today like defending at set pieces etc.

The "I only have kids on the bench" comment is unreal why did he bring Spencer & Hendrie to the club then? and that must have done their confidence good hearing that.

I like Spencer and don't think he has done a lot wrong and dserves a good half hour run out every now and then and if he shows promise the odd start maybe in place of Mullin occasionaly. As much as Mullin works hard for the team he just can't do anything with his feet how did he miss that at the end? He is like our version of Emile Heskey and I am not confinced he actually assits in that many goals I would love to know the stat for the amount of assists he has got in the last 2 seasons.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:46 pm

P/T Indie wrote:As much as Mullin works hard for the team he just can't do anything with his feet how did he miss that at the end? He is like our version of Emile Heskey and I am not confinced he actually assits in that many goals I would love to know the stat for the amount of assists he has got in the last 2 seasons.

2 this season and 1 last season.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:50 pm

First 5 mins it was all one way traffic and it looked like it was going to be an easy 3 points but it just went downhill from that point :cry: Wasn't helped today by all of the injurys in the squad, still keep the faith :!:
heysham_mfc

Postby Morectalk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Shocking second half today, and a shame to see such poor distribution of the ball. Just goes to show how much we missed Parrish, Stanners & Drummond. Some of the passing as dreadful today, behind players, over their heads or in between two players & out. Surely this is lesson 1 stuff but we made it impossible to get anything going. IMO we were lucky to lose 1-2, could have been more against a better side.

Also, Wilson was repeatedly turned inside out today, which was a worry.
Morectalk

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Sammy was asked on Radio Lancs about loan signings to which he replied he couldn't get anyone in till he got someone out.

Does he Know Moss has gone ?

Also why did he sign a left back on probably a big wage (Capaldi) when he needed a right back much more ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:12 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:It was difficult today without four important players, Stanley, Drummond, Parrish and Fleming.
I still think there are reasons to be positive. Brown did pretty well in the centre, Hunter gave his all, and Jevons has done worse than that, but it didn't work with Haining at full back.
Overall, we can still get to the play offs, we don't need whingers, we need good supporters,
and we can still be on track with a couple of wins. Onwards and upwards! :)

Hunter and Brown vanished in the 2nd half !

With Stanners and Drummy in midfield and Parrish in defense I think we would have won fairly easily.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Morectalk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Agree.
Morectalk

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:11 pm

That was pretty damn frustrating today. DawZi sums it up when he says that we lost it in midfield. I like Hunter, he never stops trying but he's not a ball player. In my opinion Brown and him are probably our 4rd and 5th choices in a 2 man Centre Mid (I don't think Brown can get around the pitch enough personally), the fact that there wasn't a single midfielder on the bench underlines the fact that we were spread pretty thin in midfield and as a result we just couldn't keep hold of the ball. Its a shame that it happened against Lincoln as they were a pretty average team.

Not sure about Rundle as man of the match, I thought he was very poor today. I'm not sure i know who I would have picked though to be honest, as it wasn't pretty from anyone's perspective. Wilson lost his head, I thought he was going to get sent off if he wasn't careful.

Thoughts go to the lad who got carried off. It didn't look good, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

On the plus side, the new scoreboard looks great and As Seasider9601 says, the Lincoln fans brought an impressive array of flags and the Keith Alexander flag was a really nice touch.
jonnythedog

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:59 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:First 5 mins it was all one way traffic and it looked like it was going to be an easy 3 points but it just went downhill from that point

For the first 5 minutes, Lincoln couldn't get the ball off us for love nor money and I too thought, home banker this one !! Especially after going 1 up. :roll:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:shocking and dismal

First 5 mins we looked great, however the next 85+5 mins we were dire....Very disappointed yes we were missing key players but still very unhappy.

Sammy took too long with his substitutes and when someone shouted make a sub to Sammy, he turned and said there all kids!!! :!: well give them a f***ing chance!!! my MOM was Duffy

He's obviously forgotten his age when Sir Matt promoted him to Man Utds first team.

He had a chance to blood Hendrie v Stockport but NO he waits until 6 minutes to go and introduces him to life in the first team AFTER shouting back to fans that 'they are kids' on the bench. What encouragement is there in that statement?

I'm glad Hendrie came on, but 6 minutes PLEASE!

I'm no lover of Sammy as SVs know well. But I respect him for what he has done for our club. However I have to ask myself that if by the end of the year (at the latest) do the Board look at the situation and take some action to halt a possible decline that could see all their hard work over the past years to ensure financial stability be in jeopardy.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mounse mk2 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:43 am

For me...

The first 20 minutes I thought we looked like a top 6 side, the next 70 we looked like a bottom 2. Je ne comprends pas.

It's the negativity i don't get.

The negativity of the manager with his subs, tactics, demeanour...everything. But also the negativity of certain 'fans' who start whinging when we're not 16-0 up after 10 minutes.

I personally would just like us to play some attractive passing football like they did in the old days in black and white, when it was all fields....
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby N Saban » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:19 am

it was quite simply garbage today...... sammy has said this is the best squad we have ever had and yet 4 players out and we can't cope so that instantly shows his comments are rubbish. at 1-0 down we sat back and that was after 10 minutes and why is that ? because sammy doesn't believe in winning matches he believes in not losing them (negative). his first response was to bring calpaldi on today he was stripped and ready to go then he heard the crowd and knew he would get murdered if he made that change. in my opinion the players are good enough the manager isn't and never has been. he has made to many bad mistakes this season and while he has got away with it with harvey's superior players and joe lewis in the first season when he has had a choice on team selection it has been bollox! a player that got a dozen goals from centre half was released, a patnership that got 30 goals last season was parted by the manager 1st game of the season and has never recovered and if he keeps blaming the players will they have respecrt for him no they won't. get rid!! he signed spencer and hendrie and won't play them??? if they too young with no experience why didn't he keep CURTIS???? because he is clueless.
N Saban

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:43 am

And just to make it worse at 1.38am the BBC had a technical fault with showing our goal so we only saw Lincoln highlights! Just about sums the day up really :(

Fortunately there are a few days to get over this, pick ourselves up and somehow get some inspiration to drive back down the M5 at the weekend. At least I've got the distraction of a trip to Wembley on Wednesday 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:50 am

Wild Bill wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Season ticket to a free home ;)

I would certainly have it! keep the faith....

I will pay the transfer fee on your cherished reg. if that is going the same way
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:27 am

Awful. Pathetic. Humiliating. Bare Ben.

Disaster. Mcilroy. T**ser. Change it earlier.

Don't tell your players their not good enough.

Resign again.

Irish.

Idiot. Give up.

Samantha Mcilroy.

Kingtime.
Sammy h

Postby MfcChris » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:23 pm

marky No.1 wrote:And just to make it worse at 1.38am the BBC had a technical fault with showing our goal so we only saw Lincoln highlights! Just about sums the day up really :(

Fortunately there are a few days to get over this, pick ourselves up and somehow get some inspiration to drive back down the M5 at the weekend. At least I've got the distraction of a trip to Wembley on Wednesday 8-)

Yeah I noticed 30 minutes in to the match the camera was not on and the camera guy was nowhere to be seen (obviously down fixing something somewhere).

How on earth did their guy get so much space, I have never seen someone get that much space before, what was bentley and our other one doing with a radius of 5 metres of nothing around him?!
MfcChris

Postby Pobble » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Shocking, i shouted at one point when he put Spencer on the wing,
'Sammy you're losing it!' and someone behind be said,
'No he's lost it.'
I don't think Sammy has long left at this club.

I think it was so true. We were shocking, didn't deserve anything. We made them look like a half decent side, which they in all honesty weren't.

At least Jevons is still looking good, clever flicks and passes. just wish some of the plonkers behind him would put a shift in.

Make my day and tell me Sammy has gone.!!!!!
Pobble

Postby kennoshrimp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Was a poor 2nd half display!We should of easily been comfortable going into the break but fell apart. We looked all over the place. Wilson looked injured from the start. Good goal from Jevons, Gary Hunter a plus too.
kennoshrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Sammy h wrote:Awful. Pathetic. Humiliating. Bare Ben.

Disaster. Mcilroy. T**ser. Change it earlier.

Don't tell your players their not good enough.

Resign again.

Irish.

Idiot. Give up.

Samantha Mcilroy.

Kingtime.

Absolutely Sh*tfaced :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bare Ben

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion