3 Months Into the Season Lets Sum It Up

3 Months Into the Season Lets Sum It Up

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Are Morecambe FC Happy? Did we expect more/less/the same?

Slightly languishing. Win 3, we are right up there, lose 3 :shock:

6 weeks of great events and party nights ahead. Globe Bar offering deals.

The best squad ever? Still leaking goals, not scoring enough. Out of the Cup competitions. Nuts aplenty but no chips and large queues. Atmosphere could be better. Reserve games in Cumbria. Only 3 or 4 players/management acknowledge fans when we lose :(

Are we looking up or down?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: 3 Months Into the Season Lets Sum It Up

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:01 am

Disappointed with our start, but I always look up rather than down.

There are many positives and yes we have to get behind the team and create a better atmosphere thus leading to more wins :o
thegentlegiant

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:01 am

Lets Sum It Up.....

8th from the bottom

not forgetting this is the strongest Squad mfc has ever had :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 am

Tells a story when I'm looking forward to the boxing and the U16's International at our home ground! My Birthday at home to Port Vale should liven it up a bit :D

More exciting than the Manc Derby anyway
marky No.1

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:45 am

8th from bottom and out of all three cups - start as been between poor and dreadful apart from couple of decent wins
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Posh » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:50 am

I fear we've lost a large bit of our soul on the way from Christie to the Globe and that explains much of your initial comments. It's gradually coming back on the pitch with players who have passion and commitment to Morecambe. We could do with some of it off the pitch too.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 am

to sum it up we have 2 points more than after 15 games last season and then we finished 4th with 73 points.

If we could sign a quality right back and a pacy striker then we could yet be thinking about promotion.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:37 am

just as i expected so far a hit & miss start to the season

but if we are to improve and surge to the play-offs SM needs to sign another center forward in January
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 am

Slighlty dissapointing start still better of than we were at the same point last season so we are getting better. Top half by the end of the year?
heysham_mfc

Postby parkyboy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:09 am

No need for another striker when we have Spencer and Hendrie on the bench and Mcilroy wont start them or even give them half a game on pitch
parkyboy

Postby Lloydie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:05 pm

parkyboy wrote:No need for another striker when we have Spencer and Hendrie on the bench and Mcilroy wont start them or even give them half a game on pitch

Spencer will be going back to H'field soon though and Hendrie could do with a loan spell in the conference/conf north.

So we still need a pacy striker maybe on loan from one of our bigger neighbours??
Lloydie

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Young, pacey strikers don't grow on trees - even at Christmas! Can't see Sammy going for youth anyway having already stated that "young" ones aren't ready.

He has the experience to know this I'm sure, but you never really know till you are given a chance. If Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex Ferguson had taken the same line then we wouldn't have had Busby Babes and Fergie Fledglings.

Maybe if Sammy was knighted and became Sir Sammy the youngsters might have a chance :lol:

Surely we would need to offload before we bring someone else in? Can't see that Spencer's loan spell has done Morecambe or Huddersfield any good really. His highlight being the winning goal at Southend :D
marky No.1

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Is that lad who was released by United still a free agent?
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Lloydie wrote:
parkyboy wrote:No need for another striker when we have Spencer and Hendrie on the bench and Mcilroy wont start them or even give them half a game on pitch

Spencer will be going back to H'field soon though and Hendrie could do with a loan spell in the conference/conf north.

So we still need a pacy striker maybe on loan from one of our bigger neighbours??

What I found really frustrating was when we had won the game v Stockport with 15 to go, Sammy didn't take the opportunity to give Hendrie a taste of first team action. It was the perfect time to give him a run out to see how he coped. A wasted opportunity and only confirms that the managment have no intention to blood youth even when the time is right.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:39 pm

3 words: Not Good Enough!
Little Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:23 pm

How many times have you seen him play then for you to say he is not good enough
parkyboy

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:17 pm

parkyboy wrote:How many times have you seen him play then for you to say he is not good enough

I'm talking about the first 3 months!
Little Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
parkyboy wrote:How many times have you seen him play then for you to say he is not good enough

I'm talking about the first 3 months!

hes still not good enough ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Lloydie wrote:

What I found really frustrating was when we had won the game v Stockport with 15 to go, Sammy didn't take the opportunity to give Hendrie a taste of first team action. It was the perfect time to give him a run out to see how he coped. A wasted opportunity and only confirms that the managment have no intention to blood youth even when the time is right.

it will be interesting to see if Sammy tries to get Spencer for the rest of the season of course this will depend on if we already have player on the radar or not.
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:08 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:...it will be interesting to see if Sammy tries to get Spencer for the rest of the season of course this will depend on if we already have player on the radar or not.

It would be interesting to see if he wanted to stay even if Sammy wanted him to? May as well be playing for Huddersfield reserves as Morecambe reserves. If you are good enough, you're old enough but here age appears to be more important than quality.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:12 pm

thank god we have a batch of new youngsters coming up thanks to the grass roots sceme started by jim harvey.............and do not have to rely on older jouneymen no one else wants :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Bryan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:06 pm

No balls, no passion, too many players in the comfort zone (including the manager). No pace in the team. Not enough competion for places. MBW stand too small, hence no atmosphere. Negative home tactics, hence no fans. Manager needs to take responsibility on occasion too. Keeps blaming players, even naming players. Captaincy issue unresolved. No leadership on the pitch (unless Jimbo plays). No youth policy - unlike everybody else. No faith in young players. Football from the dark ages. Poor timing of subs. Poor use of subs. Also blame's fans. Not enough incentives to get kids to come to games. (Should be a quid a kid for the rest of 2010.) Incorrect priority of new signings - we needed a bloody right back last year, never mind this! I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

In truth it's been by and large shite! It should have been a brand new era in The Globe. But the football's a joke at the moment and today's performance against Lincoln was totally unacceptable. There's always been a spirit about Morecambe sides but at the moment that just doesn't exist. Injuries, or not, that simply wasn't good enough. Yes simply staying up will be enough for most. But we've gone backwards, not forwards. Massive improvement needed for Cheltenham and that means a result of the positive nature.
Bryan

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Best not to even get me started by far my most uninspiring and depressing year as a Morecambe fan for 20 years for more reasons than I can be bothered to go into.

" I fear we've lost a large bit of our soul on the way from Christie to the Globe and that explains much of your initial comments"

That's my biggest issue and I think we have lost it on and off the field.

Spencer may as well go back to Huddersfield as Sammy is hardly helping his development and Hendrie must be wondering why he came at least he used to be playing regular football.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Is the reason we have no youth policy down to sammy :?:
We do know he has no money to spend, after all, its not his money, so if he had it he would spend it.

we are told nothing so we speculate on here, most morecambe fc fans read this forum even if they are silent, the mfc ground is alright, the pies are shit, but to be honest, we have a better ground.

After today i would say though, we will storm back up from the conference in 2012

btw somebody told me that darrenlock and mark s were the same person essexy :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Whilst I believe we will stay up and could yet mount a probably unsuccessful challenge for the play off spots, I do believe that merely surviving this season would spell the end for the management duo. Indeed, I would expect it to be so and would question the sanity of the board if it wasn't. Let's just see how the rest of November and early December goes. If we're still languishing in the nether regions at that point then, in my view, Sammy goes. I know some don't like chopping and changing managers but then, some didn't like removing a stale manager after 11 years in the job so...

Anyway, a central midfield consisting of Hunter and Brown was never likely to play wonderfully but there were enough players of reasonable quality in today's team to have at least drawn against a side that could easily find themselves in the bottom two come May. Frankly, as mentioned earlier, I think a bigger worry is the statistic of 1 goal from 19 shots.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Next

Return to General Discussion