One of the true great manager rants

Postby ockers » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:59 pm

forget mike bassetts half time team talk

just check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bwWVwsJyw
ockers

Re: One of the true great manager rants

Postby Joe Oh » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:35 pm

Normally I think Holloway is a bit of a gobshite but he's got a point here. The FA set a stupid precedent when they fined Wolves. Who are they to say who a manager should play. Also, maybe Hollway could have got 2 points if he played his first team? Maybe he's kicking himself.
Joe Oh

Postby jonnythedog » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:02 pm

I thought that the most amusing thing was that the outburst and argument was over something that hadn't even happened yet. :lol:
jonnythedog

Postby Curly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Joe Oh wrote:Normally I think Holloway is a bit of a gobshite but he's got a point here. The FA set a stupid precedent when they fined Wolves. Who are they to say who a manager should play. Also, maybe Hollway could have got 2 points if he played his first team? Maybe he's kicking himself.

2 points? Is that somewhere between a draw and a win?
He has got a point though, should be his decision who he plays, if fans don't like it they can
vote with their feet, anyway Blackpool could have won the game.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby bigreddog » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Ian Holloway is a legend, he's right to challenge the FA, right or wrong he's Blackpool Football Club's manager and the buck stops with him. Some faceless pen pusher who knows nothing about football should not have the right to select any side by proxy, and even if it wasn't someone who knew nothing the manager should be left to manage. And that goes for all managers.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Keith » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:34 pm

bigreddog wrote:Some faceless pen pusher who knows nothing about football should not have the right to select any side by proxy, and even if it wasn't someone who knew nothing the manager should be left to manage. And that goes for all managers.

Last game of the season. Chelsea need to beat Blackpool to win the Premiership. Blackpool are already safe. Roman Abramovich phones Ian Holloway, "Ian, your reserves could do with a run out so you can assess them ready for next season, wouldn't you agree? How about five million quid to help your, err, transfer fund?"

Not for one second suggesting such a thing would happen, but it could happen, so you can understand why the 'faceless pen pushers who know nothing about football' keep an eye on such things.

Ian Holloway is a star though!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Keith wrote:
bigreddog wrote:Some faceless pen pusher who knows nothing about football should not have the right to select any side by proxy, and even if it wasn't someone who knew nothing the manager should be left to manage. And that goes for all managers.

Last game of the season. Chelsea need to beat Blackpool to win the Premiership. Blackpool are already safe. Roman Abramovich phones Ian Holloway, "Ian, your reserves could do with a run out so you can assess them ready for next season, wouldn't you agree? How about five million quid to help your, err, transfer fund?"

Not for one second suggesting such a thing would happen, but it could happen, so you can understand why the 'faceless pen pushers who know nothing about football' keep an eye on such things.

Ian Holloway is a star though!

This would only ever be aimed at Chelsea. :roll:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:09 pm

I think the correct protocol in this type of scenario is that the club make an approach to the goalie, is that called a brucey bonus :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby wijit » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:42 am

What Holloway said is right it is his choice who he plays and he did give some players a chance who took that chance to shine. The thing with Wolves was at that time they weren't getting anything at OT and they had an important game shortly after (Burnley?) so he kept his better players in good shape for it.
Blackpool don't have the luxury of a squad of big players, to for them for this is pathetic, to say the very least.
wijit

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:40 am

25 man 1st team squad has to be named and sent to the Prem league. All his players were in that squad. so the PL should keep there noses out of it as he has not broken any of there rules!
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:52 am

Matty the Shrimp wrote:This would only ever be aimed at Chelsea. :roll:

It was aimed where I thought I might get a bite :lol: :lol: :lol: First choice, Man Utd, would be too obvious and probably not get the nibble. Second choice, Liverpool, probably would get them snapping at the hook but really, the scenario of Liverpool needing to win the last game to become champions was simply too far fetched. Arsenal & Man City were considered but I don't think we've any fish of those colours in this pool. So Chelsea was best option for landing a catch, nicely done Matty!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:45 am

outsider wrote:25 man 1st team squad has to be named and sent to the Prem league. All his players were in that squad. so the PL should keep there noses out of it as he has not broken any of there rules!

He has actually broken it becuase there is a stupid clause like you have to play your strongest team. The FA just like the power and control.

All squad players are important.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Return to General Discussion