Change the date of the Crewe game?

Change the date of the Crewe game?

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:05 am

What do you all think of this as an idea?
As both ourselves and Crewe have been knocked out of the Cup, why not play the league game on Saturday 27th November instead of the Tuesday night as has been scheduled?
At this time of year, an afternoon fixture on what is now a free Saturday has got to be better than a colder night game.
Also, won't Crewe bring more fans on a Saturday afternoon which means a better gate?
Of course, it won't happen because it's such an obvious change to make. :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Change the date of the Crewe game?

Postby CASS » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:18 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:What do you all think of this as an idea?
As both ourselves and Crewe have been knocked out of the Cup, why not play the league game on Saturday 27th November instead of the Tuesday night as has been scheduled?
At this time of year, an afternoon fixture on what is now a free Saturday has got to be better than a colder night game.
Also, won't Crewe bring more fans on a Saturday afternoon which means a better gate?

Good idea as it is my Birthday and what a good prezzie a win would be ...But I don't think it's quite as simple as you think.Last season(I think) the BBC web site did an article on how the fixture list is compiled,with examples of how moving one fixture had a knock on effect on others
things that the normal fan would not consider. Still it's a good Idea if it would work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... mpute.html

Just rooted this out from the depths..
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:31 am

Interesting article that Cass, thanks.

The chap with the laptop was on Soccer AM a couple of years back explaining all this to Tim and Helen.
Helen was a bit perturbed at Torquay having to play away on New Years Day.... at Carlisle. :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:57 am

Understand. I suppose I am making it sound too simple, but it is now a free Saturday, the 27th, for both teams, and it just seems to make sense to play it then rather than a Tuesday night, it would be interesting to know what things are taken into account to stop it being changed.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:03 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Understand. I suppose I am making it sound too simple, but it is now a free Saturday, the 27th, for both teams, and it just seems to make sense to play it then rather than a Tuesday night, it would be interesting to know what things are taken into account to stop it being changed.

I can think of two straight away...

The League
Red tape.....

but probably more like the lack of officials to run the game.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Ian Todd is the president of the Football Supporters' Federation and sits on the fixtures working party that meets to discuss Thompson's list. One year he objected to Morecambe playing at Dagenham and Redbridge in midweek. They tried to alter the fixture but found out that it would negatively impact on so many other games that what Todd calls "the least worst option" was to maintain the status quo.

Where are North End that day? Are we paired with them I wonder? Crewe on that day would look like a sensible option, especially as I'm at a party on the Friday night so would be there! :D Come on someone, you know it makes sense!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby DeeBee » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Looks like your in luck Keith ;) ;)
DeeBee

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Well, if our "pairing" club is Preston, then they are at home to Millwall on the 27th, but I just don't get how that impacts on Morecambe v.Crewe being played on the same day.
If you're a Shrimps fan, why would you go to Preston? and how can it impact on the stewards and police? Can someone please explain?
seasonsinthesun

Postby Blacksheep TFC » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:20 pm

or you could come along to Carlisle and see if Tamworth can turn them over in the FA Cup instead? Always had a good craic with you guys. Hardly a tie thats exciting many Lambs fans, but we'll go and give it a good go, and make a day of it regardless.

Incidentally, if Crewe are one of the highest scoring sides in your league then you should be 'pishing that tinpot league' ;)

All the best
Last edited by Blacksheep TFC on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tamworth fans: Win draw or lose, we go for the booze
Blacksheep TFC

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:30 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Well, if our "pairing" club is Preston, then they are at home to Millwall on the 27th, but I just don't get how that impacts on Morecambe v.Crewe being played on the same day.
If you're a Shrimps fan, why would you go to Preston? and how can it impact on the stewards and police? Can someone please explain?

I don't know if we are, I was just asking the question. I have a vague recollection about pairings if the police mounted division would be required but I doubt if they would turn up for us v Crewe. They are in attendance for us v Bradford. Possibly the police football intelligence unit, looking for trouble makers? But they would more likely be looking at clashes between PNE & Blackpool or Blackburn. Hopefully it will be changed (is DB teasing me or in the know? Or in the know AND teasing me???)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:21 pm

This is an awful idea. After the final whistle on Saturday i booked tickets for a concert in Sat 27th on the grounds that we have a free Saturday. I haven't missed a home game for years and would be gutted
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Lloydie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:31 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:What do you all think of this as an idea?

Bad idea
Lloydie

Postby jonnythedog » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Personally I really enjoy mid-week home games. I always think they break up the week a bit and are give you something to look forward to mid-week.
jonnythedog

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:38 pm

jonnythedog wrote:Personally I really enjoy mid-week home games. I always think they break up the week a bit and are give you something to look forward to mid-week.

Totally agree with you there, I enjoy Tuesday night games too.
Sammy h

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:20 am

If we can get it changed I hope we do there would be more from Crewe and possibly a few more home supporters as well.
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:23 am

Sammy h wrote:
jonnythedog wrote:Personally I really enjoy mid-week home games. I always think they break up the week a bit and are give you something to look forward to mid-week.

Always seems to be a better atmosphere at night games I think too. I remember Mark Lillis saying pretty much the same too last season at some point that matches under the lights are special.

Leave it as a Tuesday nighter !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Blacksheep TFC wrote:or you could come along to Carlisle and see if Tamworth can turn them over in the FA Cup instead? Always had a good craic with you guys. Hardly a tie thats exciting many Lambs fans, but we'll go and give it a good go, and make a day of it regardless.

Incidentally, if Crewe are one of the highest scoring sides in your league then you should be 'pishing that tinpot league' ;)

All the best

congratulations to Tamworth on a great result.

Hope we can do as well against the Railwaymen later this month.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 pm

All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Doh! I was making plans for Carlisle v Tamworth. Sorry Stanley :(
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Sammy h wrote:

Always seems to be a better atmosphere at night games I think too. I remember Mark Lillis saying pretty much the same too last season at some point that matches under the lights are special.

Leave it as a Tuesday nighter !!!

Maybe it was because of the weather but at the Stockport game even when we were 5-0 up the atmosphere was a bit flat.
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:52 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Maybe it was because of the weather but at the Stockport game even when we were 5-0 up the atmosphere was a bit flat.

I think we were in shock T.B.H. :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Well it has been changed....

http://www.crewealex.net/page/NewsDetai ... 86,00.html

Nothing on our site yet though.

It is actually more convenient for me so I am happy!
Morecambe Jack

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Well it has been changed....

http://www.crewealex.net/page/NewsDetai ... 86,00.html

Nothing on our site yet though. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

It is actually more convenient for me so I am happy!

It was on our site at 3.30, see my last post
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Fan-fecking-tastic. That's my trip to Morecambe now completely ruined! Hope they don't mind paying for my train tickets!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:08 pm

:oops: Should have re-read the thread!

Still isnt showing on the Morecambe website for me, even through the link...caching issue or something?
Morecambe Jack

Next

Return to General Discussion