Ockers ,the Robins fans dont like your interview with Sammy!

Ockers ,the Robins fans dont like your interview with Sammy!

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:40 pm

"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Ockers ,the Robins fans dont like your interview with Sammy!

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:46 pm

What a lovely bunch of fans they seem to be. :|
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Typical ignorant Football League manager who cannot accept losing to Cheltenham Town.

Get used to it you arrogant clowns. We are here to stay and one of the best teams in this league. If we play you off the park it's not offside or lucky, it's because we are better than you.

Pure class this comment, one of the best teams in this league....oh so that means you will get promotion this season? as your one of the best teams in the league!

Although part of the comment is correct, your here to stay...yes you are, your staying in league two.
thegentlegiant

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:12 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:
Typical ignorant Football League manager who cannot accept losing to Cheltenham Town.

Get used to it you arrogant clowns. We are here to stay and one of the best teams in this league. If we play you off the park it's not offside or lucky, it's because we are better than you.

Pure class this comment, one of the best teams in this league....oh so that means you will get promotion this season? as your one of the best teams in the league!

Although part of the comment is correct, your here to stay...yes you are, your staying in league two.

i drew towards that comment.
He is the arrogent clown.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Every team in this league should be able to concede defeat against Cheltenham Town.... Especially nobodys like Morecombe.

Hes right you know who the hell are Morecombe?
heysham_mfc

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:18 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Every team in this league should be able to concede defeat against Cheltenham Town.... Especially nobodys like Morecombe.

Hes right you know who the hell are Morecombe?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:00 pm

I don't have a clue how to interview but I must say interviewers whether here or in the prem, (especially our Barnet fan who I think does it too much), give their own opinion first and then lead Sammy to back that up, rather than getting Sammy's honest opinion. But then who is to say Sammy still wouldn't come out with the crap that we are always good and unlucky like he does sometimes!

;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:39 pm

When the interviewer is both a huge Morecambe fan and editor of the programme, what do you expect? I've pointed out before that Ockers tends to ask very leading questions and the interview ends up being more about his own opinions and ideas rather than giving Sammy the chance to make an honest appraisal. To be fair to Sammy, though, if you ACTUALLY listen to what he says in response in the offside question, he as good as dismisses it and instead blames a defensive error. Sadly, the Cheltenham fans have latched onto the context of the question rather than the answer and their opinions are formed on that basis. Having said all this, the commentary on BBC Radio Gloucestershire was ridiculously biased even for local radio so it is a problem throughout.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 am

I cannot believe how an interviewer can get away with asking questions as leading and as biased as those.

Well it was for local radio :roll:
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimps104 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 am

MfcChris wrote:I must say interviewers whether here or in the prem, (especially our Barnet fan who I think does it too much), give their own opinion first and then lead Sammy to back that up, rather than getting Sammy's honest opinion.

I've gone through my previous interviews after reading that, just to see if I do sometimes lead with my opinion and to be honest, apart from a couple of occasions, I have to respectfully disagree!

I think one way of looking at it is that we have to question people on what we have seen. If I've seen an incident that looks like a penalty or offside, then I'll say there was a hint of offside/it looked like you could have had a penalty. That's what I've seen and whoever I'm interviewing will have their own opinion either disagreeing or agreeing. Just because I say there was a hint of offside doesn't automatically mean someone will then think 'oh he's said it could have been offside, therefore it must be.' I think interviews would be pretty boring if we couldn't question them on what we/everyone in the stadium has seen.

I think Sammy is honest enough not to be led down a particular route during an interview anyway - he'll say it how he has seen it regardless of the questions asked. Having said that, I thank you for the feedback and I'll make extra effort in being objective. :D
shrimps104

Postby marky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:48 am

There are different ways of basically asking the same thing though. Using Ockers' interview as an example, it would have been less leading to ask "Do you think there was a possibility that Cheltenham's goal may have been offside?" rather than "There was a suspicion of offside..."
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:47 am

Last I heard, Ockers worked for Blackpool Council, something to do with planning I think...

Come on, this isn't John Snow or Jeremy Paxman we're talking about, Ockers is interviewing Sammy with a 'fan' hat on, not as a professional interviewer! I think the interview was pretty good and if it is a bit biased, so what, it's for Morecambe fan's consumption. As an amateur, doing a post match interview for radio, it was pretty decent stuff.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ockers » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:45 am

Keith wrote:Last I heard, Ockers worked for Blackpool Council, something to do with planning I think...

Come on, this isn't John Snow or Jeremy Paxman we're talking about, Ockers is interviewing Sammy with a 'fan' hat on, not as a professional interviewer! I think the interview was pretty good and if it is a bit biased, so what, it's for Morecambe fan's consumption. As an amateur, doing a post match interview for radio, it was pretty decent stuff.

ICT Support these days Keith
and thanks it was frustrating
id already had a good off air conversation with sammy as ever before conducting the interview and he was very frustrated
hes more experiendced at these things than i am :D
cheers Sean
ockers

Postby Aspers » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:27 am

I have always found Ockers to be articulate, funny and informative. he paces his questions and poses questions we the fans want to hear. 8-)

Infact I am a member of Ockers fan club.
Aspers

Return to General Discussion