Cheltenham report

Cheltenham report

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:42 pm

heysham_mfc

Re: Cheltenham report

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:47 am

Morecambe didn`t have any real chances in the closing stages and it finished 1-0 to send Cheltenham into the second round.

Read more: http://www.morecambe.vitalfootball.co.u ... z14akgMscs

I take it you weren't actually at the game, and have just copied this from a Cheltenham source.

For, especially, the last 10 mins of the game we were all over them. we had a couple of good chances go begging, Drummond for one had a free header he sent flying over the bar.
Jimmy Spencer was hauled down in the box at a corner, but I don't think the ref was able to see because it was one of the clearest pens I've ever seen.
Or how about the free kick that their keeper somehow managed to scoop around the post with a single hand, something akin to inspector gadget?
morecambe mick

Postby ockers » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:43 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Morecambe didn`t have any real chances in the closing stages and it finished 1-0 to send Cheltenham into the second round.

I take it you weren't actually at the game, and have just copied this from a Cheltenham source.

For, especially, the last 10 mins of the game we were all over them. we had a couple of good chances go begging, Drummond for one had a free header he sent flying over the bar.
Jimmy Spencer was hauled down in the box at a corner, but I don't think the ref was able to see because it was one of the clearest pens I've ever seen.
Or how about the free kick that their keeper somehow managed to scoop around the post with a single hand, something akin to inspector gadget?

well said mick spoit on... all of this too was lost on one or two supporters i saw walking into mustafas making negative comments yesterday after the game deriding the manager/tactics/subs of us sitting too deep
which was bollocks frankly...........
play like that this coming saturday and the chances we have go in we should see a repeat of th estocport scoreline
ockers

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:07 pm

morecambe mick wrote:

No I wasn't at the game just read a few reports on the game and did the report from those.
heysham_mfc

Postby outsider » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:36 pm

No I wasn't at the game just read a few reports on the game and did the report from those.

After a job at the BBC?

Funny how we see the game differently, for 70 mins we were the stronger side and were unlucky not to score. The quick Stanners/Duffy free kick was a joy to see and something new and different, Drummy's header should have been buried, Jevo's free kick kept out by a great saves.
Then there manager makes a sub that changes the game, we did start to sit back deeper and deeper, they scored and still nothing from Sammy. I have nothing against Wainwright but him replacing Brown seemed strange, I thought Drummy had a poor game (prepared for the abuse), and should have gone off. When chasing the game why take off a striker to replace with another? Should have thrown all 3 (Jevo, Mulls, Spencer) at them, in the last 10.
The thing that I think annoyed a few fans is that they were there for the beating if we had had a little more luck/gumption.

Still I'll be back in 2 weeks ( didn't fancy a trip to Southampton anyway)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:57 pm

( didn't fancy a trip to Southampton anyway)

Its not too bad to get to actually, i went down to Portsmouth on a job yesterday and i was there in three and a half hours , i was going a bit faster than 62 m.p.h though. ;)
parceldave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:48 pm

the report was better than the ones in the sunday papers, and quicker, so on balance anyone reading it owes HMFC a thankyou, so cheers mate :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:06 pm

Outsider was spot on in his assesment of the game. We sat deep for about twenty minutes in the second half. Then, sensing their moment they brought on a "super sub" i.e top player coming back from injury. Then we still sit back and let it all happen when it's obvious what's coming next. Their crowd get up and we just fail to deal with it and it's a goal.

The subs Wainwright and Spencer didn't make sense to me. I would have moved Brown into the middle and just gone hell for leather after they'd scored. In fact it was only after they'd scored that we started to attack again. Looked like we were happy with 0-0 as the game wore on. If you are looking to hit long balls as a last resort why take Mullin off? Brown is the only pacy player we've got.

However outside of this period we did dominate for a large part of the second half and should have scored. Might have had a pen. And played a positive 4-4-2. I'm entitled to my opinion and that's it. Thought they were there for the taking and we take our foot off the gas. End of!
Bryan

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 am

mrpotatohead wrote:the report was better than the ones in the sunday papers, and quicker, so on balance anyone reading it owes HMFC a thankyou, so cheers mate :!:

Thanks usally somebody else does the reports but they are on holiday for a couple of weeks so just trying to do as good a report as possible but without being at the game there is the chance that it may not be 100% accurate.
heysham_mfc

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:36 am

parceldave wrote:Its not too bad to get to actually, i went down to Portsmouth on a job yesterday....

Give us a shout next time Dave, and you can stay for the night.
Doris does a good fry-up ;)
Plain Peter

Postby parceldave » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 am

Peter wrote:
parceldave wrote:Its not too bad to get to actually, i went down to Portsmouth on a job yesterday....

Give us a shout next time Dave, and you can stay for the night.
Doris does a good fry-up ;)

Thanks for the offer Pete , hope you have got some real beer down there , just had a week of that gassy stuff in Tenerife . Only 2euro a pint but blows you up like a ballon . :o
parceldave

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:59 am

parceldave wrote:Thanks for the offer Pete , hope you have got some real beer down there , just had a week of that gassy stuff in Tenerife . Only 2euro a pint but blows you up like a ballon . :o

Just had 3 weeks on Tunisia's finest brew Celtia.
5%, and between 80p-£1 for a 30cl bottle.
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:02 pm

parceldave wrote: but blows you up like a ballon . :o

You will soon be deflated once you settle back here!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:30 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
parceldave wrote: but blows you up like a ballon . :o

You will soon be deflated once you settle back here!

Im deflated already just got back from dropping Meru at airport, so im on ham shank for a couple of wks. 8-)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:37 am

parceldave wrote:so im on ham shank for a couple of wks. 8-)

Is she from Finland as well?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion