Lancaster City in £10000 building materials bid..an appeal

Lancaster City in £10000 building materials bid..an appeal

Postby ockers » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm

if anyone can help out I received theis from Barry Newsham Lancaster City Club Secretary

off topic, i know, but some may be interested to help

Just to let you know Lancaster City FC entered a competition to win £10,000 worth of building materials for ground improvements from Travis Perkins, through the Evo-Stick League, and our video has been picked as one of the five finalists. The club with the most votes in the final wins. We need as many people as possible to vote for us, because we’re up against a couple of bigger clubs – who need the prize at lot less than Lancaster City FC.
We are the only club from the North to make it into the final. Winning this would transform our ground and we are fortunate enough to have volunteers who are willing to use the materials once they’re available.

All I'm looking for is a few minutes of your time to vote and log onto the website link http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/evo-v ... tition.php simply register and click on City's video entry.

If for any reason the link doesn't work then follow http://www.evostickleague.co.uk or type in and register to vote.

If you have more than one email address then please vote on each email address.

Please would you help and vote and forward to all your contacts, friends, colleagues, family and friends to vote.

Could you also ask that they in turn forward it to their contacts, colleagues, family and friends and any others who will vote.
If anybody has facebook could they also include it.
ockers

Re: Lancaster City in £10000 building materials bid..an appeal

Postby ockers » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:43 pm

just to bump this one
ockers

Postby forces shrimp » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:52 pm

I watched the video and had to vote. It was like watching one of them tv appeals. Made me think it could easily have been us!!
forces shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:56 pm

I've registered and voted..... yes it was for Lancaster, bless 'em :!:

They're last with 10% of the vote ;)
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:58 pm

forces shrimp wrote:I watched the video and had to vote. It was like watching one of them tv appeals. Made me think it could easily have been us!!

Never was a truer word written than that.

Speculation has it that if Lancaster had got back to a certain individual, it's almost certain that they would have been in the Football League and not us..... :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ockers » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Christies Child wrote:
forces shrimp wrote:I watched the video and had to vote. It was like watching one of them tv appeals. Made me think it could easily have been us!!

Speculation has it that if Lancaster had got back to a certain individual, it's almost certain that they would have been in the Football League and not us..... :o

not specualtion Neil
just fact as peter described in the last league match programme notes
we have a a lot to thank jeff udall for
ockers

Postby matty » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Ahh bless 'em but as Ye Olde English saying goes "Nay sir, thou cannot the turd polish"
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Christies Child wrote:

What? It's almost certain they would have been promoted two divisions? I'd just like to add that Bromley will definitely be a football league club in the next 15 years, go and put your life savings on it, absolutely certain. Yeah alright then. :?
Bare Ben

Postby poulton shrimp » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Voted Chasetown stuff City
poulton shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:21 pm

At 1:37 mins on the Lancaster video, it shows a picture of my friend and me in a grey hoodie with the hood up :D !
Little Shrimp

Postby Amnesia » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:11 pm

poulton shrimp wrote:Voted Chasetown stuff City

:lol: Voted Buxton, stuff City
Amnesia

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:34 pm

I occassionally visit their forum and end up reading numerous pages of bile towards us so they can sod off.
Morecambe Jack

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:38 pm

In this weeks court watch in the Visitor, the guy that runs the Dollie blue has been fined for not having a tv licence :lol:
so it looks like they really do need the money
halftimeresults

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:44 pm

I have attended one or two functions at little axe over the last 2 seasons and have found that when morecambe is mentioned there seems to be a collective dislike towards us, the determination from them that connerton should go aywhere but morecambe was very tribal, i will not vote for them, the workers at the ready to use the materials if they win could have foraged through the wreckage oif CP for the bits and bats they need.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Posh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:57 pm

It never bothers me that City fans at Massive Chopper don't like us. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be exactly the same or, in some cases, on the terraces there. They're hatred surely only fuels our pity so vote for them.

P.S. Signing up to vote allows various companies free reign to spam you for a long time.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:00 am

It also costs some people a pound :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby Aspers » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:00 am

Whatever they think of us I have and always will have a soft spot for Lancaster, I used to love the days of Kung Fu Koo and our sports teacher Ian Haslam who played for them and the rivalry between us.
The boxing day matches were brilliant atmosphere and I nearly always used to be able to finish off a couple of pints when the owners weren't looking, got caught once and got my arse kicked. :lol:

Good luck Lancaster, and hurry up in the football league, can you imagine Boxing day again.
HA! 8-)
Aspers

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:48 pm

My old history teacher at Carny High in the mid 80's (Andy Graham) played for the Dolly Poo's at the time of him teaching me. He hated seeing me with my Morecambe scarf on and "Lancashire ATS Trophy Winners 1985/86 badge" on my coat !!!! Tefal Head that he was !!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Dysie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Old habits die hard I'm afraid. I was going to vote for Buxton (sentiment from our visits in the NPL) but Rushall Olympic swayed it with the most humourous video! No apologies Dollies ....
Dysie

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:40 pm

so highlighting their plight on here has got people voting for other teams :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Whilst in some respects I suppose we should support our nearest and dearest, in other respects I don't think we would get any thanks or appreciation for it.

Whilst we don't particularly "hate" them (we just laugh at their ineptness, crappy ground and expertise in picking up our rejects over the years), they certainly hate us.

I remember one lad at our friendly a couple of years ago wearing a City shirt with a big number 8 on the back. Above the number 8 was the word "WE" and below the number 8 was the word "Morecambe".

And, for another thing, I've never forgiven them for giving Bryan Griffiths the impression years ago that Cec Edey was actually good. So much so that Griff signed the great lalloping donkey. Thankfully, Cec didn't last long at Christie.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:29 pm

You can understand they they don't like us were the biggest club in the area, we have just biult a news ground, were in the football leauge, we take most of the fans from their catchment area the list goes on if it were the other way around most Morecambe would 'hate' Lancaster.
heysham_mfc

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:I remember one lad at our friendly a couple of years ago wearing a City shirt with a big number 8 on the back. Above the number 8 was the word "WE" and below the number 8 was the word "Morecambe".

I saw that shirt, it made me cringe. :evil:
Bare Ben

Return to General Discussion