Globe Bar - Q&A

Re: Globe Bar - Q&A

Postby mfcbro » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 pm

I drive past the globe arena frequently,the sign is not very clear at all.Light letters on a light background.From the main road they cant be seen in daylight let alone evening.They should be dark letters on a light background,they would then be clearly visible.
mfcbro

Postby Morectalk » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 pm

It is interesting reading all the questions and answers on this thread, but, unless I missed it, the problem of the catering facility behind the home terrace surely needs addressing more clearly. Like most people I have given up queuing at half-time as I miss the kick-off for the second half. I have taken to buying a drink before the game and having it on the terrace. A week or two ago I got a tea when I entered the ground & a coke for half-time, and the guy (dark hair, somewhat metro-sexual) took the top off the bottle. When I said "why have you done that" he just looked blank as if I had asked him to explain the meaning of life. Then he went to put the lid back on and I had to insist on another one - all time consuming of course. I could understand it in the opening games against Coventry & Burnley, but surely the honeymoon is over now ? There just seems to be too much backwards & forwards getting stuff, then back to the tills etc.etc., they just seem to take ages - why ?????
Morectalk

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Let's face it the modern way of training staff for a job now is all about safety, conformity, procedures, legislation and discrimination. Common sense and experience doesn't seem to count for anything.

Really looking forward to the new compliance regulations regarding finance come in to force in the New Year. Just wait till you buy a car, t.v. or washing machine etc. On a regulated agreement 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:05 pm

Morectalk wrote:(dark hair, somewhat metro-sexual)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, on Tuesday night the service from the hatch at the rear of the MBW was very, very good indeed.

I ordered my food and drink for myself and my 2 companions and the whole ordered was gathered up promptly and efficiently, placed onto the counter, total amount due calculated, money exchanged, and away we went.

Much, much better.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Sammy h » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Morectalk wrote:(dark hair, somewhat metro-sexual)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, on Tuesday night the service from the hatch at the rear of the MBW was very, very good indeed.

I ordered my food and drink for myself and my 2 companions and the whole ordered was gathered up promptly and efficiently, placed onto the counter, total amount due calculated, money exchanged, and away we went.

Much, much better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant, I actually know who you mean!

We tend to go about 10 minutes before half time and still have to queue. The service is quite slowwwwwwwwwwww.
Sammy h

Postby Harry » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 pm

He has dyed his hair blonde now :lol:
Harry

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:03 am

Dans fourth and last post on this lame duck of a topic was on 20th of october :lol:

Brilliant,yes...
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Barmansteve » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:50 am

For information Dan is no longer working at the Globe arena, he has found himself a job in Leeds i believe!!
Barmansteve

Postby wijit » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:34 am

Gnasher wrote:My point was that they couldn't second guess how many will go in

Why not? It's not as if they haven't sold beer & pies at a football match before, is it?

Not all the same people, no.
As for your post following this one, you tell me something; having been to a good number of matches at the Pie, how could you possibly come up with anything like a guess as to how many will or won't go in the bar or eat food at a new ground. You know, considering all of the factors such as home fans, away fans and people taking in a new ground?
maybe after a few months they might have some idea, but now? not a chance. unless of course you have become an expert ib such matters, in which case maybe, as a supporter, you could offer such experise to the club to assist them in this matter?
But probably not.....
wijit

Postby wijit » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:34 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Dans fourth and last post on this lame duck of a topic was on 20th of october :lol:

Brilliant,yes...

From this incredibly inventive post, I'm guessing your username on here didn't happen by accident?
wijit

Postby Dan.Campbell » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Barmansteve wrote:For information Dan is no longer working at the Globe arena, he has found himself a job in Leeds i believe!!

And i'm sure Steve will be more than happy to answer any questions...

mrpotatohead wrote:Dans fourth and last post on this lame duck of a topic was on 20th of october :lol:

Brilliant,yes...

There has been no need for me to post, although I've been tempted to reply to some of the garbage you spout on a regular basis.
Dan.Campbell

Postby Christies Child » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Cheers Dan for your previous input onto SVs, at least some of us appreciate what you did.

All the best with the new job!

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Dan.Campbell wrote: I've been tempted to reply to some of the garbage you spout on a regular basis.

seal.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:36 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

qak qak qak
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Previous

Return to General Discussion