stockport

Re: stockport

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:15 pm

RedRedWine wrote:No Brown CC? I think he has looked good when he has played. A big part of the problem is going to be keeping people happy. It's Sammys job to manage the squad and put the best team out to win.

The majority of players will like playing the current system because they are not being left out. At the moment our system accommodates three centre midfielders, two of them would probably be miffed if they were benched. We are shipping goals galore, not creating enough chances and not controlling the midfield despite packing this area of the pitch. Something needs changing, especially at home. I'd like to see Brown given a go on Tuesday in the middle with a 4-4-2 system. That leaves one spot for Fleming Drummond and Stanley.

Haining wasn't even in the squad yesterday, is he injured? Rumours persist about a falling out with Sammy. He is far too good to be sat on our bench, let alone not be involved at all. Also, where has Scott gone?

I'd play:

---------------Roche-----------------
Haining--McCready--Bentley(C)--Wilson
Duffy-----Brown-----Stanley----Rundle
----------Jevons-----Mullin-----------

Bench
Drummond
Spencer
Fleming
Walker
Hunter

Selling pies: Capaldi (this waste of space needs to earn his keep).

Sammy won't, because he needs to keep people happy.

Completely agree with you on the line up!
Little Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:No Brown CC? I think he has looked good when he has played. A big part of the problem is going to be keeping people happy. It's Sammys job to manage the squad and put the best team out to win.

The majority of players will like playing the current system because they are not being left out. At the moment our system accommodates three centre midfielders, two of them would probably be miffed if they were benched. We are shipping goals galore, not creating enough chances and not controlling the midfield despite packing this area of the pitch. Something needs changing, especially at home. I'd like to see Brown given a go on Tuesday in the middle with a 4-4-2 system. That leaves one spot for Fleming Drummond and Stanley.

Haining wasn't even in the squad yesterday, is he injured? Rumours persist about a falling out with Sammy. He is far too good to be sat on our bench, let alone not be involved at all. Also, where has Scott gone?

I'd play:

---------------Roche-----------------
Haining--McCready--Bentley(C)--Wilson
Duffy-----Brown-----Stanley----Rundle
----------Jevons-----Mullin-----------

Bench
Drummond
Spencer
Fleming
Walker
Hunter

Selling pies: Capaldi (this waste of space needs to earn his keep).

Sammy won't, because he needs to keep people happy.

Completely agree with you on the line up!

I think Haining is still recovering from his hamstring sustained against Barnet in September.

Totally agree with Brown and Stanley in the centre of midfield with Duffy and Rundle on the wings.What about trying Drummond at right back? He is right footed, can tackle,can head the ball as well as anyone. Just a thought as an alternative to Hunter.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby steve mfc » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:41 pm

Lets not get too carried away that Stockport lost 0-5 to Hereford, their away record isn't that bad, in fact they have picked up as many points away from home as we have at the Globe.

They have won and drawn two with three defeats with 7 goals for and 8 against.

If anything its probably a bad time to play them, they will be looking to make amends that's for sure.

However their confidence wont be great so its imperative we get of to a good start, close them down in their own half of the pitch and really take the game to them.

I cant see Sammy making to many changes, personally i would like to see Brown given a chance in the centre of midfield.
steve mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Yep, Brown scores a fantastic goal within minutes of coming on, then where does he end up :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:36 pm

Will Haining is yet another Shrimp player over the years who due to a persistant injury is now to have an operation.

He has both a hamstring and an ankle injury so he's out of the reckoning for some time. Therefore I think Sammy will stick with Drummy in the centre of defence for the reasons I previously posted.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby outsider » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Why Drummy, If we need a centre half then it HAS to be Jimbo
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby steve mfc » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:44 pm

outsider wrote:Why Drummy, If we need a centre half then it HAS to be Jimbo

Jimbo certainly would be my choice.
steve mfc

Postby Opinionated » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:53 pm

steve mfc wrote:

Drummy isn't and never will be a defender!
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:57 pm

Opinionated wrote:
steve mfc wrote:

Drummy isn't and never will be a defender!

Whilst I respect your opinions, it differs from that of Mark Lillis who has publically said that he sees Drummy in a defensive role sooner rather than later.

Radio Lancashire post match interview v Torquay
Christies Child

Postby essex_shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:03 pm

Last season fan told me .

He thinks when Jim Bentley is on bench or injured then Drummond will be a good player as a center back.

I could see him as a center back also can tackle score good in the air.
essex_shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:12 pm

To be fair CC, lets not twist what Lillis has said to fit your argument. What he really said was this:

"I don't know whether he is ready to go back there at the end of his career but... we always felt he could do a job in there and he did the job fantastically."

26.40 @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... 0_10_2010/

I think Jimbo will be back in the centre of defence on tuesday.
Morecambe Jack

Postby ockers » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Roche
Hunter Bentley McCready Wilson
Duffy Drummond Stanley Brown
Jevons Mullin

would be my choice 4 4 2
ockers

Postby outsider » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:25 pm

The reason he played there Saturday was so we didn't need to make any sub's early, and not disturb the team to much, we couldn't take a forward off and put another defender on could we?
Chant of the day was a toss up between,

1) "441 441 441"

2) " You only shave it cuz you ginger, shave it cuz your ginger" to there keeper in the 2nd half

3) "Can you hear the Tranny sing?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:17 pm

The fact that we didn't bring on Jimbo at ANY time of the game suggests to me that the management may have different ideas about Tuesday's defensive partnership.

When your central partnership is usually broken for things such as a sending off, then if there is a defender on the bench he usually comes on. Not this time however.

Whatever, we'll see on Tuesday.
Christies Child

Postby ockers » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:26 pm

jim didnt come on because stew was outstandng filling in for andy
simple as that
man of the match for me
but he needs to be in the centre of midfield spraying passes and playmaking thats his job as far as im concerned
i want jim in the centre on tuesday night simple as
ockers

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:20 pm

ockers wrote:jim didnt come on because stew was outstandng filling in for andy
simple as that
man of the match for me
but he needs to be in the centre of midfield spraying passes and playmaking thats his job as far as im concerned
i want jim in the centre on tuesday night simple as

.....and there is no reason as to why he couldn't do that from the back. One of the things we've noticed this season is the number of teams who build from the back by having at least one 'footballing' central defender. Last season one of the major complaints of Arts (for instance) was his inability to play constructively out of defence. Too often it was the non too cultured boot up field. One reason in my eyes as to why he was only offered a one year deal.

So, I want Drummy in the centre on Tuesday night. :)
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:42 pm

If jimbo is not in the center of midfield and stuart was, it would be very odd, I agree this could be a position in the future for stu, but at present he plays very well in central midfield, and jim is tried tested and trusted in our defence, (was our captain till recently neil)
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcChris » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:50 pm

Let's play Jimbo in centre mid :roll:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:54 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:We're at home, its a local dreby, and we're 20th in the league, we simply have to attack! I'd get Jevons back into the side asap, 19 league goals last season? :?

this is it.. am so frustrated with Jevons he can turn it on! he is a goal scorer but! if he aint scoring goals(apart from penalty's) it's like playing with 10-men at times for us

his record is impeccable but when i see him play for Morecambe am sorry id rather have Curtis am sorry if i come across negative
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:04 pm

wayne might as well have been kept on given that he was not replaced, he might have liked a stint at center forward (or centre half if CC was in charge :lol: )
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Now that our best player (Parrish) is out + Moss has thankfully gone will KC sign in time and appear on Tuesday? For whats its worth, I think yes he will 8-)
nobbyshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:06 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:Now that our best player (Parrish) is out + Moss has thankfully gone will KC sign in time and appear on Tuesday? For whats its worth, I think yes he will 8-)

Can you tell us who KC is please ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:25 pm

KIERAN CHARNOCK!!
nobbyshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:38 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:KIERAN CHARNOCK!!

Thats a relief , I could only come up with Keith Curle !

At Torquay so maybe thats what Sammy and Mark were doing when somebody said they weren't on the coach to come back !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Not in squad for game against us or previous one V Gillingham and out of favour since his arrival from Peterborough. Torquay paid Peterborough around £10,000 for him and he got reasonably high wages i beleive but he just didn't fit in at Torquay and to be realistic about the situation he never really wanted to move south to Torquay but wasn't given much option as Posh told him he would never play a game for them again in the remaining 12mths on his contract and so if he hadn't have gone nobody would have wanted him when his contract expired as he wouldn't have played a competitive game for 12mths. Add the fact that Sammy has always admired him + Sammy and Mark didn't travel back on the bus on Saturday and Hey Presto..Welcome on board Mr Charnock :!:
http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/sport ... ticle.html
+
Does he still live in Preston??
nobbyshrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion