O/T Man Utd's second goal

O/T Man Utd's second goal

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:42 am

Worst referee desision of the season he made a complete hash of it. Also why did he tell the players to 'go away' while he spoke to the linesman then RF comes over and he doesn't say anything to him.
Right thats it mini late night rant over for more info please see any national Sunday newspaper (not the mail though) :lol:
heysham_mfc

Re: O/T Man Utd's second goal

Postby Bellers The Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:32 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Worst referee desision of the season he made a complete hash of it. Also why did he tell the players to 'go away' while he spoke to the linesman then RF comes over and he doesn't say anything to him.
Right thats it mini late night rant over for more info please see any national Sunday newspaper (not the mail though) :lol:

Well, i think the goal was right to stand. When nani went over he hand balled it, the ref played advantage and the linesmans flag didnt go up. Gomes then picked the ball up and dropped it, meaning that the ball was back in open play, nani, stood, and asked the referee if he could kick the ball, the referee said he could because he'd played the advantage and the ball was in play, so nani scored. The linesman then put his flag up to say it was handball but the ref said yes, i saw it and played advantage.
Bellers The Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 am

Bellers The Shrimp wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:Worst referee desision of the season he made a complete hash of it. Also why did he tell the players to 'go away' while he spoke to the linesman then RF comes over and he doesn't say anything to him.

Well, i think the goal was right to stand. When nani went over he hand balled it, the ref played advantage and the linesmans flag didnt go up. Gomes then picked the ball up and dropped it, meaning that the ball was back in open play, nani, stood, and asked the referee if he could kick the ball, the referee said he could because he'd played the advantage and the ball was in play, so nani scored. The linesman then put his flag up to say it was handball but the ref said yes, i saw it and played advantage.

If it was advantage, why didn't the ref signal it?
Little Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 am

Wonder if the same had happened against UTD would it of been all well and good?

Fergie would have been on the pitch that's for sure......................... Moaning, Sour faced jock he is!
HALMA 1983

Postby Bellers The Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:44 am

If it was advantage, why didn't the ref signal it?[/quote]

Well he kind of did by not giving the free kick and by telling nani he was free to have a shot :ugeek:
Bellers The Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:51 am

This same referee failed to see Pedro Mendez's lob had finished in the back of the Man Utd net several years ago.

This is all about the spirit of the game.

Fairly obvious that the Man Utd player handled the ball and that it should have been a regulation free kick to the defending team. The ref should have realised that what happened was against the spirit of the game and that Tottenham had not received an advantage in fact anything but an advantage !

I guarantee that the same incident at the other end would not have resulted in a goal being awarded.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:This same referee failed to see Pedro Mendez's lob had finished in the back of the Man Utd net several years ago.

Fairly obvious that the Man Utd player handled the ball and that it should have been a regulation free kick to the defending team. The ref should have realised that what happened was against the spirit of the game and that Tottenham had not received an advantage in fact anything but an advantage !

I guarantee that the same incident at the other end would not have resulted in a goal being awarded.

No fan of Man Utd then..... :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:07 am

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:This same referee failed to see Pedro Mendez's lob had finished in the back of the Man Utd net several years ago.

No fan of Man Utd then..... :?:

they receive every advantage the referee can be persuaded to give them by Ferguson.

If Utd are losing going into injury time Ferguson harasses the 4th official to increase the time added on. There was a famous case where it was amended after he spoke to the official !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:13 am

Couldn't have happened to a better team, cockney bankers with a W.
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:03 am

The goal should have stood. No arguments. Nothing to do with being at OT etc etc.
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:13 am

Man Ure always get the decisions oops I mean Man Utd
Bare Ben

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:37 am

Sammy h wrote:The goal should have stood. No arguments. Nothing to do with being at OT etc etc.

everything to do with being at OT. There is no way this referee would have awarded a goal like that to the away side at OT.

At least Chelsea who are the best footballing side in the premier league will win the title :lol:
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:38 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Sammy h wrote:The goal should have stood. No arguments. Nothing to do with being at OT etc etc.

everything to do with being at OT. There is no way this referee would have awarded a goal like that to the away side at OT.

At least Chelsea who are the best footballing side in the premier league will win the title :lol:

I am not a Manchester United fan if that's what your getting at? Arsenal are the best footballing side in the premiership?

Gomes is an absolute idiot. The goal was his fault. What's the big fuss, they were already 1-0 up.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:44 am

it's plain & simple as Alan Hansen say's you play to the whistle .
George Dawes

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:52 am

I agree, Gomes at fault. You can't make allowances for stupidity, otherwise you get £1 million council houses. I'm also no lover of Manchester United either. Complete overreaction from the southern media. Who cares anyway, you'd be mistaken for thinking that if not for that goal Spurs would have won the world cup. They would have still lost the match.

Arsenal easily the best footballing side to watch in the premiership, Chelsea the best football side. There is a difference. Cheer up chimney sweep.
RedRedWine1

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:50 pm

Bellers The Shrimp wrote:Well, i think the goal was right to stand.

Well you would :lol:

It was right to stand yes. But a complete balls up. The ref gave no advantage, and even if he had. It was obvious that Tottenham wanted a free kick. More over Nani should have got a yellow card for a delibrate hand ball.

One over thing. What is the point of having linesmen if the refs just dismiss anything they say? :roll:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Bellers The Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:53 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
Bellers The Shrimp wrote:Well, i think the goal was right to stand.

Well you would :lol:

It was right to stand yes.

End of story :)
Bellers The Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Like i said, it was, but it was the wrong desicon in the first place, it was a free kick.

And like some other people have said in this thread if Tottenham had done the same thing at the other end, you can bet any amount of money it wouldn't have stood otherwise you'd ave 70,000 nut jobs on your case :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Bellers The Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:59 pm

Yes, but the referee didn't give a free kick, he gave an advantage :) plus we were 1-0 up anyway and tottenham didn't score :A
Bellers The Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:01 pm

But it was clear that Tottenham wanted a free kick as the goal keeper put the ball down. So the ref should have ended the advantage and then given the free kick.

Its not about wether it would have effected who won, its just saying that the ref made a massive cock up.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Bellers The Shrimp wrote:Yes, but the referee didn't give a free kick, he gave an advantage :) plus we were 1-0 up anyway and tottenham didn't score :A

OOPS :roll:
Bare Ben

Postby Bellers The Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:04 pm

They may have wanted a free kick but it's the referee who controls the game and he played an advantage
Bellers The Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:06 pm

Its their advantage, they should be given what they want.

Matthew, this doesn't change anything in the match. And it doesn't change anything between us babes. :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby jonnythedog » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:06 pm

Personally i think the goal should have stood, partly because of the fact that you should always play to the whistle but mostly because I have Nani in my Fantasy Team. 8-)
jonnythedog

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:08 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Bellers The Shrimp wrote:Yes, but the referee didn't give a free kick, he gave an advantage :) plus we were 1-0 up anyway and tottenham didn't score :A

OOPS :roll:

LOL! Good spot Ben. Morecambe 1 Spurs 0? That would stop the moaning, we'd all agree the tactic of going for 1-0 wins was the right one THEN! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion