heysham_mfc

Re: stockport

Postby glagys » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Shuker 3 matches

some good came out of todays game then :) :D
glagys

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:40 pm

I am pretty sure that Parrish will be out for three games as he was straight red-carded for stopping a goalscoring opportunity - I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am. :(
Morectalk

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Morectalk wrote:I am pretty sure that Parrish will be out for three games as he was straight red-carded for stopping a goalscoring opportunity - I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am. :(

I thought the same as you but after researching - a red card for denying a goal scoring oppurtunity is 1 match. Heysham is correct.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Not so bad then, but still a blow for one of our shining lights this season.
Morectalk

Postby The Bay » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Andy will definately only get a one game ban, but Chris I would assume will be classed as violent conduct and therefore 3 games.
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:21 pm

team to beat Stockport (not necessarily the one Sammy will pick)

Roche

Brown McCready Bentley Wilson

Duffy Stanley Drummond Rundle

Jevons

Mullin
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Opinionated » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:51 am

Lets play two strikers and be positive! After all Stockport got beat 5-0 at home with 11 men! I'm actually looking forward to Tuesday which I think will be our biggest ever league victory at the Globe (that's a victory margin of 2 or more goals) :D
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:02 am

We must won this game, oops I mean win.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:17 am

i think SM wil keep the same sytem

Roche
Hunter Bentley McCready Wilson
Duffy Stanley Drummond Brown
Fleming
Mullin

myself id try

Roche
Haining Bentley McCready Wilson
Brown Stanley Fleming Rundle
Duffy Mullin

give Duffy a free role licence to thrill
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:46 am

Opinionated wrote:Lets play two strikers and be positive! After all Stockport got beat 5-0 at home with 11 men! I'm actually looking forward to Tuesday which I think will be our biggest ever league victory at the Globe (that's a victory margin of 2 or more goals) :D

Don't be silly! The players like the system we're playing and it's nothing to do with the system. Comments like this just prove that the fans know nothing :? :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Opinionated » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:52 am

Keith wrote:
Opinionated wrote:Lets play two strikers and be positive! After all Stockport got beat 5-0 at home with 11 men! I'm actually looking forward to Tuesday which I think will be our biggest ever league victory at the Globe (that's a victory margin of 2 or more goals) :D

Don't be silly! The players like the system we're playing and it's nothing to do with the system. Comments like this just prove that the fans know nothing :? :roll:

The players can like the system all they want but if their not winning games then something has to give. Last weeks bore draw with Stevenage is the reason I want us to play with two strikers. At home you should set a formation to win the match, we didn't do that, it was too negative against a team who offered very little threat.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:55 am

Sounds as though Drummy excelled in the centre of defence (according to Mark Lillis) so keep him there and bring PJ in alongside Mullers (not 20 yards adrift :o ) and play Brown in the centre of midfield at the expence of Fleming.

Roche

Hunter
Drummy
McCreedy
Willow

Duffy
Stanners
Brown
Rundle

PJ
Mullers
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby outsider » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:02 pm

You seem to be forgeting the new player Sammy said we will have in by Tuesday,
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:04 pm

outsider wrote:You seem to be forgeting the new player Sammy said we will have in by Tuesday,

It depends IF it's the guy from Stockport who we've been after for over 2 years, :?: :?: :?: but even if not, I reckon it's a right back anyhow so a straight (but unfair) swap with Gaz.
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:12 pm

No Brown CC? I think he has looked good when he has played. A big part of the problem is going to be keeping people happy. It's Sammys job to manage the squad and put the best team out to win.

The majority of players will like playing the current system because they are not being left out. At the moment our system accommodates three centre midfielders, two of them would probably be miffed if they were benched. We are shipping goals galore, not creating enough chances and not controlling the midfield despite packing this area of the pitch. Something needs changing, especially at home. I'd like to see Brown given a go on Tuesday in the middle with a 4-4-2 system. That leaves one spot for Fleming Drummond and Stanley.

Haining wasn't even in the squad yesterday, is he injured? Rumours persist about a falling out with Sammy. He is far too good to be sat on our bench, let alone not be involved at all. Also, where has Scott gone?

I'd play:

---------------Roche-----------------
Haining--McCready--Bentley(C)--Wilson
Duffy-----Brown-----Stanley----Rundle
----------Jevons-----Mullin-----------

Bench
Drummond
Spencer
Fleming
Walker
Hunter

Selling pies: Capaldi (this waste of space needs to earn his keep).

Sammy won't, because he needs to keep people happy.
RedRedWine1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:17 pm

RedRedWine wrote:No Brown CC? I think he has looked good when he has played. A big part of the problem is going to be keeping people happy. It's Sammys job to manage the squad and put the best team out to win.

The majority of players will like playing the current system because they are not being left out. At the moment our system accommodates three centre midfielders, two of them would probably be miffed if they were benched. We are shipping goals galore, not creating enough chances and not controlling the midfield despite packing this area of the pitch. Something needs changing, especially at home. I'd like to see Brown given a go on Tuesday in the middle with a 4-4-2 system. That leaves one spot for Fleming Drummond and Stanley.

Haining wasn't even in the squad yesterday, is he injured? Rumours persist about a falling out with Sammy. He is far too good to be sat on our bench, let alone not be involved at all. Also, where has Scott gone?

I'd play:

Bench
Drummond
Spencer
Fleming
Walker
Hunter

Scott is still recuperating after his operation.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Agree with RedRedWine but can't see Sammy going 4-4-2 he seems determinted to prove his point and nothing is going to change his mind.
heysham_mfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:21 pm

Christies Child wrote:
outsider wrote:You seem to be forgeting the new player Sammy said we will have in by Tuesday,

It depends IF it's the guy from Stockport who we've been after for over 2 years, :?: :?: :?: but even if not, I reckon it's a right back anyhow so a straight (but unfair) swap with Gaz.

I dont think it will be the guy from Stockport, Mark Lynch. He was the right back who came inside and scored 2 long range goals with his left foot against us for Rotherham in our 2nd season in the league. Wish it was him though !

We need a proper experienced right back who has some pace. Its too important a position to play a squad player.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:41 pm

RedRedWine wrote:No Brown CC? I think he has looked good when he has played. A big part of the problem is going to be keeping people happy. It's Sammys job to manage the squad and put the best team out to win.

I'd play:

Bench
Drummond
Spencer
Fleming
Walker
Hunter

No offence, but FOOL...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read my team again. Brown in centre midfield and if necessary go 3 1 4 2 with Drummy in front of a defensive 3 using his passing skills to good effect as the channel for the ball out of defence to the midfield / wingers. SIMPLES!
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:42 pm

I'd also like to see Brown in the middle but it would mean we have to drop one of Drummond or Stanley and I don't think it would go down well with either if rumours of fallings out in the past are true.

Will Wainwright be back in contention after his loan spell at Barrow? I'm not advocating a start but he would give us an option on the bench (and a much better oner than Shuker for what its worth).
Morecambe Jack

Postby jonnythedog » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:20 pm

I'm a bit torn on the 4-5-1/4-4-2 debate. I can't see us going with 4-4-2 on Tuesday. Personally. looking at the players we've got and who seems to be in form i would stick with 4-5-1 but the players need a lot more freedom and the 2 more advanced centre midfielders need to be allowed to break forwards. That said I'd like to see Jevons get some more gametime as it's the only way that he's going to get his form back he needs to play alongside someone and in that case we need 2 up front.
jonnythedog

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:25 pm

We're at home, its a local dreby, and we're 20th in the league, we simply have to attack! I'd get Jevons back into the side asap, 19 league goals last season? :?
Crooky MFC

Postby essex_shrimp » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:02 pm

With you 100% on this one considering Stockport are a team we should be beating at home no offence to Stockport.

I know Jevons got his 19 goals while on loan at Morecambe and 0 since and alot of those goals last season where pen's it is good.

It was good for Alan Shearer and will be good for Phil Jevons 8-)
essex_shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion