Torquay 3 Morecambe 1

Re: Torquay 3 Morecambe 1

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
marky wrote:We can do quite easily without Shuker for 3 games (though might be more for a stamp). Parrish, however, is going to be a major loss.

Christies Child wrote:Slightly too late to make positive subs with Rundle and PJ on for Duffy and Mullers, but at least he made them. :(

What are you on about?!?!?! Those are both like for like swaps!

Agree with you on Shuker there definitely. However, when Parrish got sent off against Crewe for a last man challenge he only got a 1 game ban.

It will still be 3 games.

Straight red = 3 games
Yellow, then red = 1 game.

Unless it is the last month of the season where straight red = 1 match and accumulative yellows do not count for a suspension. That is what I thought anyway :?
Last edited by MfcChris on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Yes, you're quite right. I forgot to check the rulebook on that one.

(c) PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (4) and (5)
A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for denying a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by physical means or by handling the ball, will be suspended automatically from all approved First Team matches commencing forthwith, until such time as his Club's First Team has completed its next match in an approved Competition.
Last edited by marky on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:04 pm

what another crap result,this is turning inro a very disappointing season,This is the best squad we have ever had on paper but not on grass
usual poor start but will it get turned round
scalehallshrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:06 pm

scalehallshrimp wrote:usual poor start but will it get turned round

It should do, however no-one is at the bottom and losing touch with the teams above them therefore we could be sucked in there for a bit to come yet. We should not take staying up for granted. Relegation sucks you in and makes consecutive bad results harder to get out of.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Well it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we'll be bottom come Tuesday night which would be thoroughly depressing! All it takes is a loss against Stockport, a draw in the Northampton - Lincoln game, a draw for Hereford and a win for Barnet.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:23 pm

What has confused me about today is that Quinny doesn't appear to be suggesting that it wasn't a penalty only that it was wrong, or at least 'unusual', for the linesman to have changed the refs decision? Surely if it was the correct decision then it was the correct outcome?

Torquay's first win since August. 6 draws & 5 defeats in their last 11 games. Obviously a team that required us to line up in a defensive, one up front style. Oh, hang on, it's nowt to do with tactics.

We've scored more than one goal in a league game on three occasions this season.
Two points off bottom.
One point off relegation.

But according to the manager we're playing good football, fans know nothing, it's got nothing to do with tactics and the players enjoy playing this system with one up front.

So that's okay then :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby bill ding » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Dont panic , we are averaging 1 point a game (14 from 14) so if we continue at that rate 46 points should just about leave us hanging on.
Seriously though Sammy keeps saying we have probably got our strongest side ever, but other sides haven't been sat back and have strengthened equally.
What i dont understand is why we cant attract loan players from higher league teams , look at our last few opponents they have managed to pick up loanies from prem and championship teams.
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:25 pm

oh yeah, but at least our next game is in November so we can start our season! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:26 pm

I go on the basis 1 point a games gets your relegated. 2 points a game wins you the title.
MfcChris

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Lillis on Radio Lancashire

-played well first half
-harsh sending off for parish, ref was in better position
-pen was outside the box apparently
-good character to come back
-shuker reacted to getting elbowed, you cant do that
-bad luck and bad decisions but that happens in football
-dust ourselves down and start again monday
-hoping to bring someone in, trying 24/7
-drummond did a good job at cb
Morecambe Jack

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Lets pick ourselves up, and get going for Tuesday! That is a winnable fixture and really if we don't win then there has to be a change around in formation.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Dissapointing result but listening to Mark Lillis on the raido sounds like we didn't play too badly.
Well done to those who travelled safe journey back ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:38 pm

I am just hoping that this season doesn't turn into one of major sadness, tagged with "we didn't play too badly though". We going to be losing players to cards more often if Sammy doesn't get a grip. Fancy football doesn't win things - ask Arsene Wenger !!

Also, just because Stockport lost 5-0 at home to Hereford, it does not make Tuesday a home banker. They will be even more determined to do well on Tuesday, so we need to be careful, especially with Parrish out. A few weeks ago we played Bradford and they were shite. Suddenly they have scored 8 in their last two home games and have moved up the table, so nothing can be taken for granted in this league.

As for Tuesday - cummon you Shrimps, 3 points please !!
Morectalk

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:50 pm

am not to despondent because if your the last defender and you consed a penalty then you could argue thats enough plain black & white..

but then to be punished twice(sending off) is taking the fish in my book" dispite it being the letter of the law and my humble opinion being irrelevant....
George Dawes

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Morectalk wrote:Also, just because Stockport lost 5-0 at home to Hereford, it does not make Tuesday a home banker. They will be even more determined to do well on Tuesday, so we need to be careful, especially with Parrish out.

Couldn't agree with you more but morecambe NEVER lose to a PAUL SIMPSON side so a win might be in the offing :? (so that's another draw at the Globe) 1-1 possibly.
HALMA 1983

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:06 pm

DawZi wrote:am not to despondent because if your the last defender and you consed a penalty then you could argue thats enough plain black & white..

but then to be punished twice(sending off) is taking the fish in my book" dispite it being the letter of the law and my humble opinion being irrelevant....

The FA are looking in the future to remove the sending off if the ref gives a penalty.
MfcChris

Postby parkyboy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:48 pm

All this baloney about played well didnt deserve to lose is bullshit , we have the team , experienced players, supposedly a good management team but yet we have the joint 3rd worst goals against total and the joint worst goals for record so what is wrong ,is it the system or tactics , negative thinking by management or a percentage of players not doing what they are capable of ,The season is going on and we are not improving so somebody come up with the right results fast ,
parkyboy

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Need a few more long distance exocets like Brown launched at Aldershot :arrow: :arrow:
Plain Peter

Postby halfwayprawn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:36 pm

We played quite well on sat, and i expect us to finish above Torquay come the end of the season.I also think Sammy needs to react quicker to their substitutions. Mullin works his socks off every week,surely its time to try Hendrie with him, he just might be the key,he scored a good goal at Kendal, so he does know where the net is and maybe he can get closer to Mullers knockdowns.You never know it could be Morecambes answer to Quinn and Philips.
halfwayprawn

Previous

Return to General Discussion