O/T iphone or

O/T iphone or

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:25 pm

HTC HD7

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Bra ... 2Aod20qqgg

am considering buying one but cant make my mind up :?

does anyone have the HTC HD7 and if so what are your views :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: O/T iphone or

Postby Ady » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:42 pm

HTC Desire HD would be a better option and more of an i-phone alternative. I have a HTC Hero for my personal phone and an HTC Windows phone. The Android based phone is far better.
Ady

Postby ockers » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 pm

iphone for email and web which is fantastic
didnt like it at first but love it now!!
ockers

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Iphone
Trust me, you'll never look back.

So many manafacturers (HTC, Blackberry etc etc) are doing there best to rival the iphone, but in my eyes nothing even comes close.
chrise27007mk2

Postby Peperami no. 1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:48 pm

I phone with out any doubt.
Peperami no. 1

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:58 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:Iphone
Trust me, you'll never look back.

So many manafacturers (HTC, Blackberry etc etc) are doing there best to rival the iphone, but in my eyes nothing even comes close.

Get a room! You know how you can tell if someone has an iphone? They tell you! :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:02 pm

lot of word shortening going on as well, not allowed :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:03 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:HTC HD7

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Bra ... 2Aod20qqgg

am considering buying one but cant make my mind up :?

does anyone have the HTC HD7 and if so what are your views :?:

HTC all the way!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Curly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:16 pm

HTC Desire Z (qwerty keyboard) or Desire HD.
Phone, Sat Nav, Mp3, 720pHD video, 5-8 MegPix Cam, Snapdragon processor.
Kicks iphones butt 8-)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Sammy h » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:19 pm

I hear the Nokia 3310 is good.
Sammy h

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:21 pm

I've still got £3.11 credit on my last tenner's worth of credit, which I fed to my Nokia 'brick' on 18 November 2008.
I now want to upgrade.
Any suggestions? :)
Plain Peter

Postby jonnythedog » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Sammy h wrote:I hear the Nokia 3310 is good.

Snake is better on the 3210.
jonnythedog

Postby Heysham_red » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:43 am

I have an iphone, in fact the contract for it has ran out 6 months back but I'm not sure if I'm going to upgrade because to be honest it does a perfectly good job, however.....

I have thought about it and I'm very keen on the HTC desire HD. I personally wouldn't get another iphone. My reason for this is because I don't think paying that amount of money for a phone is good value when you consider that you also have to pay a contract too. Compare that to the HTC where the phone is free and has some better hardware (the camera for instance). Of course you will need a micro sd card for the HTC to get it near the iphones flash drive size but you can have multiple of these and there not all that expensive.

When I first got my phone there was no doubt that the Iphone was different and that no phone was near it with regards to the operating system which is why I paid the cost. But Android 2.2 is now on a par if not better than iOS4.1.

My other beef with the iphone is that if you want to do anything with it, like sync music, photos etc then you have to connect to itunes (or similar software). Where as the HTC is drag and drop like a normal memory stick. Also you will find the iphone increasing annoying when accessing websites with flash as this isnt supported. The HTC does support mobile flash which is why you will hear it often described as the full internet.

My other issues is the way Steve job handled the loss of signal issue with the iphone. He was a complete pr*ck and that really put me off. I think he said something like just hold it differently then and that pretty much sum up the apple philosophy. That you are paying a brand and not necessary the best thing on the market. (why so many people have mac's is beyond me unless of course you are a developer of some sort). What I will say is dont get put off because of the signal issue with the phone. It isnt a big deal, my misses has one and it really doesn't effect it as much as a phone seller will tell you.

my conclusion is this. If you haven't had a smart phone you will be blown away no matter what choice you make (I know nothing about the HD7 but I have no doubt Microsoft have done a good job). the Iphone is amazing but I still stand in the corner that you are buying a brand. Google android will improve much faster than the iOS 4.1 but it wont make a huge difference. ( I still run iOS 3.0 and its fine).

hope this helps!
Heysham_red

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:08 am

All this expense and i've got a better phone than you nonsense :?

I bought my first phone the other week (Had other peoples ex contract cast offs until then)
Visited the Carphone warehouse in the Arndale and decided on the L.G GT540 OPTIMUS ANDROID SMARTPHONE at a penny under a hundred quid

Looks good, its practical and does a job! Why pay more???
HALMA 1983

Postby wonder shrimp » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:36 am

to be fair the phone that's best for you depends on what you want it for.

you can get quite cheap phones that will allow you to access facebook email web etc (i've got a very cheap nokia 5310 which does the job adequately).

do you care about the quality of the camera? will you want to store your music on it? does the size/weight matter? battery life? do you care about the fashion side of things (a large part of the price of iphone is down to it's fashionable status, it stopped being the most technically advanced phone a long time ago).
wonder shrimp

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Blackberry Curve all the way, its great!
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Heysham_red wrote:(why so many people have mac's is beyond me unless of course you are a developer of some sort).

Keith holds USA Shrimp back, "leave it Richard, its not worth it"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do now have a point, Windows 7 now does everything that my five year old MacBook does.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_red » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Keith wrote:Keith holds USA Shrimp back, "leave it Richard, its not worth it"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do now have a point, Windows 7 now does everything that my five year old MacBook does.

I knew some apple fanboy would be on my case! ;)
Heysham_red

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Heysham_red wrote:
Keith wrote:Keith holds USA Shrimp back, "leave it Richard, its not worth it"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a Pavlovian response! 8-)

Being serious, Macs are far better than PC's. But they are also far more expensive. Macs haven't come down in price significantly, PC's have. My ten year old desktop PC is dying, it keeps re-booting itself when it has been on a while. My five year old Macbook is well travelled and somewhat battered. It's getting a bit on the weary side. So how to replace them? A cheap notebook for travelling and a decent iMac for the desk? Save four hundred quid and get a Sony or something similar? Get a new Macbook and a connection to a monitor?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby USA Shrimp » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:29 am

Heysham_red wrote:

I'm calm..... For now :twisted:

As for the original question. iPhone just works. HTC still have problems. Case closed.
USA Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 am

Get a hi-phone.
http://www.lightinthebox.com/wholesale-HiPhone_c1498
All the posing for a fifth of the price!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Curly » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:22 am

USA Shrimp wrote:
Heysham_red wrote:

I'm calm..... For now :twisted:

As for the original question. iPhone just works. HTC still have problems. Case closed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, including all the case antenna design faults.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Gnasher » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:39 am

Yeah, including all the case antenna design faults.

Only if you have to have the latest model. I've got a 3GS, it just works. I've tried a few android phones, the rest of the family have them, and I still prefer my iphone although it's true to say androids are cheaper, no special tariffs.

The biggest reason for an iphone is Angry Birds, not available on Android.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby greenshrimp » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Quite a few people at work have iphones and htc's.

The iphone seems to be a bit of a marmite phone...people either love it or absolutely hate it. Everyone seems to love their HTCs.

Im currently using a blackberry, but plan on getting the desire hd when my contract is up.
greenshrimp

Postby Joel Ninety » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Keith wrote:
Heysham_red wrote:(why so many people have mac's is beyond me unless of course you are a developer of some sort).

Keith holds USA Shrimp back, "leave it Richard, its not worth it"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The iPhone can only just do things my 5 year old Nokia N95 could do, but Apple spent billions to shout about it whereas Nokia didn't.

If you want to lower your IQ and have a device/corporation think on your behalf get an iPhone.
Joel Ninety

Next

Return to General Discussion