Shrimps holding open day

Shrimps holding open day

Postby quinny » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:35 pm

The club is holding an open day next Monday. For ful details click on the link below:

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/special ... 51,00.html
quinny

Re: Shrimps holding open day

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:02 pm

Excellent for young fans old and new :!: :!:

yeah wow :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:55 am

Quinny , that is brilliant news.

Is it being publicised anywhere other than on here ?

We need the young fans and their Mums and Dads , Grandparents etc to see that this is on because very few of them will come on the website.

Is it being advertised in the Guardian or maybe a poster or 2 in the Arndale , shops , pubs etc
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:58 am

Pehaps the best place to avertise it would be at Saturdays game where most people that would attend the open day will be.
heysham_mfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:01 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Pehaps the best place to avertise it would be at Saturdays game where most people that would attend the open day will be.

yes agreed , a flyer handout to Saturdays crowd would be good. But they are already the "converted". We need the ones who haven't yet started supporting the Shrimps to come along too. Don't wait till they buy a Man Utd or Chelsea shirt !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Great day to see the new ground, walk down the tunnel, go in the away end to see their view, in to the changing rooms (bit bland - need some inspirational photos!). All very nice. Sometimes it felt like being in a hotel up in the W&L suite and corridors/stairs 8-). We have come a long way for the better.

Very disappointed Sammy went about 1:00pm (too big for this club? I think not) and Jimbo went at 1:30 with a couple of others, when signing was scheduled for 1:30-2:30. So did not get to get Sammy to sign my photo of him, and would hope no people went in their lunch breaks about 1:30-2:00pm. :ugeek:

(What a life it is to play football ;) )
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:49 pm

A really excellent few hours spent having a good 'butchers' around the ground.

Have to say that the Match Day Sponsors lounge is absolutely brilliant. However having looked at the area behind the MBW Stand, can now understand how miffed some of its customers may well feel. Surely it can't be long before something is in place to offer some kind of protection from the elements.

One or two others expressed a similar concern to mine that the pitch will without question be a problem when the real cold weather arrives. And if no suitable covers are not installed it's quite obvious by the positioning of the sun (or lack of) during the day time that the chances of it thawing out will be remote. A constant shadow covers the entire length of the pitch from touchline to the centre circle due to the height of the main stand.

I remember raising a similar concern about CP and suggesting that Fleetwood had purchased a ground cover that was the envy of Blackpool. Can't for the life of me find that original post!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby DTSJim » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:56 pm

I think a full ground cover is a league requirement so we'll likely have one stashed away. Not exactly the first thing to see for most people on the open day!
DTSJim

Postby Splodge » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:39 pm

I can just see CC furtively going behind the scenes looking for the pitch cover, floodlight bulbs, and a scoreboard we apparently got as part of the Danny Carlton deal with Carlisle :P
Splodge

Postby steve mfc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:13 pm

The most likely cause of games being called off at the Globe will be down to fog, westgate is probably the area that is most affected on a foggy day/night in Morecambe, it was that bad one night that i actually drove past the opening to the street that i lived on.
steve mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Jimbo didn't look too happy at going early either.

I don't think he had much choice as it appeared his lift was going.
morecambe mick

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:10 pm

How well attended was it?
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion