**SAC MAC**

**SAC MAC**

Postby Pobble » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Surely it is now time for basic commonsense and remove our incompetant manager forthwith.
We are being subjected to tactics of a ten year old, and worse still, are paying to witness these so called tactics.
Basic football logic says you do not play with only one forward if that forward has the pace of a snail. Then with only minutes to go, take off one of the fastest players in the team and replace him with snail number two. This was followed up by taking off the best player on the pitch. Absolute raving madness.!!
When Wilson looked as though he might have to come off through injury our wonderful leader spread great happiness among the crowd by getting Cepaldi to warm up. What a shame we did not have the chance to see a match winning display coming from him.!!
Even though the small hard core of supporters will say that we finished fourth last season and Jeavons scored a few goals, that is past and holds no water now. Lets face the truth, we are a team wallowing near the bottom of the league with a Manager who does not have the faintest idea what to do.
I understood that the job of Manager/Coach was to motivate the players to perform to the best of their ability, not slag them off in public as he has done recently. Has anyone heard him say this situation is his fault????
This is sure to get some adverse comments but no one can deny that watching the sort of rubbish we saw on Saturday is not acceptable and if the man responsible cannot do the job better he should be removed. After next week there will be some spare pumpkins around, what about giving one of them the Manager`s job.!!!!!
Pobble

Re: **SAC MAC**

Postby George Dawes » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:40 pm

although i expect us to be hit & miss untill we sign a center forward in the next transfer window i still think we can/will make the play offs

but i must admit right now i wouldn't be looking to renew SM contract he will have to earn it in my opinion, as i seriously do belive theres a lot of other good managers out there who would love the chance to manage Morecambe
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:05 pm

1. The system we are playing with one up front was the same one that got us wins against Bradford, Shrewsbury and Southend so don't be so ridiculous as to say its a stupid system. It didn't work on Saturday because the midfielders did not support Mullin by pushing forward (Yes Sammy should have changed it earlier by dropping one of the useless midfielders). I'd also add that we didn't look any better when Jevo did come on IMO.

2. Sammy was right to take Fleming off, he was ineffective and one of the midfielders had to go to bring Jevons on. Don't agree that Brown was the best player on the pitch either plus he is not 100% fit (IMO) and tires towards the end of the game (assuming your on about him btw).

3. Of course capaldi was going to warm up when Wilson was down injured he is the only other natural left back at the club. I don't rate him either but to ridicule Sammy for it is beyond a joke!

4. How has Sammy slagged off players in public? He has said they played poorly last week? Barry said EXACTLY the same in his player interview so im inclined to accept that.

Some people need to wake up. We are midtable 5 points off a play-off place, only two points behind Accrington. Where SHOULD Sammy be getting Morecambe? We did do very well last season but we have no God-given right to be in the play-offs in this league at all. It's very tight at the moment so this is not the time to be calling for Sammy's head.
Morecambe Jack

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Yawn.

These 'sack sammy' idiots are the same as the moron Charlton fans who wanted Curbishley sacked because they weren't getting into europe.
durhamshrimp

Postby parkyboy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Whose doing the slagging off in public now Pobble
parkyboy

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Another useless wind up and who is this 'Jeavons' you speak of?
heysham_mfc

Postby Loglayer » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:25 pm

I don't agree about sacking sammy but I do think that we must play with 2 strikers when playing at home, we were. very poor on Saturday. It's time
To pick a positive side, 2 strikers, and I believe fleming is a outstanding talent who should be in the team every week. But sammy must stay....
Loglayer

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Sack the management team? Nah. They have done way too much good stuff for the club for such radical action. It would help if Sammy were interviewed at half time and full time a la Sky live games, that way we would understand more about his choices.

We just need to get some of the 'best ever squad' to perform to their potential and one of our attacking players to strike a seam of gold. Duffy was flying for a few weeks and the team began to prosper, but Stevenage shackled him and nobody else stepped up to the plate.

It'll be reet eventually :)
Caged Lion

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Still way to early to be calling for the manager's head. Our season has a couple of weeks to go before it starts,, we're still in the 'give everyone else a head-start' stage.

If we're in a similar position in March I'll be worried but I'm confident we won't be. As in previous seasons, Sammy will eventually hit upon the fact that playing tight, defensive, boring football doesn't work, we'll start trying to win every game and then we'll fly back up the league... again!

How's that for a double edged compliment? :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Loglayer wrote:I don't agree about sacking sammy but I do think that we must play with 2 strikers when playing at home, we were. very poor on Saturday. It's time
To pick a positive side, 2 strikers, and I believe fleming is a outstanding talent who should be in the team every week. But sammy must stay....

Think it through, then... don't just say 4-4-2. Your midfield would be what? Duffy on the right, Fleming and ?? in the middle (Stanners?) and, who out left? Brown? Rundle?.

IMO any combination with Duffy and Fleming in a midfield four would leave us horribly lightweight in there and liable to be over-run.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Morectalk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:04 pm

IMO with Duffy on the right & Loz Wilson over-lapping on the left we look good. Two wingers is too attack minded & would leave us vulnerable in the middle. I would leave Brown on the left to tuck in or drop back when required.
Morectalk

Postby wijit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Am I the only one who saw laughable irony in his mis-spelling of "incompetent"?
wijit

Postby Morectalk » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morectalk

Postby Pobble » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 pm

wijit wrote:Am I the only one who saw laughable irony in his mis-spelling of "incompetent"?

Anal remark.!!!
Pobble

Postby Sammy h » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Pobble wrote:
wijit wrote:Am I the only one who saw laughable irony in his mis-spelling of "incompetent"?

Anal remark.!!!

Anal thread. Wow.
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion