Simply out-muscled today.

Simply out-muscled today.

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:08 pm

We were out-muscled today, by a team who came with a plan. Duffy always had two on him, so much so that he was taken out of the game for long periods. In the second half Sammy finally moved him to the left, but as we all know, he prefers his right foot. Our formation of 4-5-1 didn't help matters, with Fleming (I think) getting an early cross in from the left byline, to be met by Dave Nobody. Stevenage were grizzly, arms everywhere & they weren't shy in their tackles. As for the penalty, I don't know what everyone was getting so upset about, it looked stonewall to me, and I was about five steps up the terrace behind it.

I think if we had started 4-4-2 as we finished, we would have had a better chance. Mullin was heading down balls to space, instead of a partner, and with Duffy subdued, we had little to offer in the final third.

0-0 about the right result, could have been worse but for another Barry penalty save.

Parrish man of the match for me, got his head on everything.
Morectalk

Re: Simply out-muscled today.

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:30 pm

not seen so many elbows since watching Big Daddy against Giant Haystack! Stevenage got away with murder. When I saw Westley laughing and joking with the ref before the 2nd half started I was concerned.
Stonewall penalty and if it was on target then red card instead of yellow.
Looked better when Rundle came on and ran at them but his final ball turned out to be a couple of wayward 30 yard efforts.
3 clean sheets in last 4 matches but we need to be scoring some goals. 2 points dropped against a poor football side today.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby sandgrown » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Morectalk wrote:We were out-muscled today, by a team who came with a plan. Duffy always had two on him, so much so that he was taken out of the game for long periods. In the second half Sammy finally moved him to the left, but as we all know, he prefers his right foot. Our formation of 4-5-1 didn't help matters, with Fleming (I think) getting an early cross in from the left byline, to be met by Dave Nobody. Stevenage were grizzly, arms everywhere & they weren't shy in their tackles. As for the penalty, I don't know what everyone was getting so upset about, it looked stonewall to me, and I was about five steps up the terrace behind it.

I think if we had started 4-4-2 as we finished, we would have had a better chance. Mullin was heading down balls to space, instead of a partner, and with Duffy subdued, we had little to offer in the final third.

0-0 about the right result, could have been worse but for another Barry penalty save.

Parrish man of the match for me, got his head on everything.

absolutely spot on with that summary. Cheatenage at their usual tatics with a ref that helped them.

Drunnie missed a sitter early on, but then we didn't have a single corner the whole game !

Parrish definately MOTM
sandgrown

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Stevenage played some neat bits of football but there crossing/final ball was appalling! They were pretty dirty as well.
Little Shrimp

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:12 pm

It has to be said too that they gave us little option but to go for the long-ball game, which I for one think is not what we are about, but it is all we had left towards the end.
Morectalk

Postby matty » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Two highlights today were my post match cup of tea and my half time cup of tea. Nice friendly service well done to the girls that made them.
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Kind of sums today up really !! :(
Morectalk

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Shame this didn't come off though !!!
Attachments
Ooohh Duffy !!.JPG
Ooohh Duffy !!.JPG (74.03 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Morectalk

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:08 pm

what a GREAT picture !!!! :D
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Ssssshhhh...nicked it from the website match gallery. 8-)
Morectalk

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:11 pm

Ya bugger !! And here was me seriously thinking what a great picture taken from your mobile....!!! Doh !!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:37 pm

By the time I would have got my mobile out that picture would have long gone !!!
Morectalk

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm on that picture!

I'm the ginger guy kicking the ball
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Tablespider » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:42 am

I agree with the above, we were outmuscled but to be honest for the first time (at home, I haven't made an away game yet) they weren't bigger than us (with the exception of the big chap that came on mid way through the 2nd half).

Sorry to do this, but there is always a Wengeresque aspect to these postings, where they are dirty and we are perfect. If Messrs Mullin and Duffy spent less time watching for the player and made more attempts to win the ball, and if Mullin made more attempt to loose his marker rather than try to cuddle him constantly, we actually might have a chance, but on current form, he simply isn't good enough to be up front on his own.

And (rant coming to an end) I speak as someone who is, lets be nice and say, portly, but Mr Brown, with his lovely red undershirt, might want to eat more at the MBW eatery at half time, after they've run out of food! Is League two exempt from training, eating advice etc?

However, having said that, my season ticket is still going to get full use this season, as somewhere, there is a lot of potential, if not to move forward, just yet, but to stay up at least.

I will now, get my coat. Start the car....
If you want to know my opinion, ask my wife :)
Tablespider

Postby Morectalk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Also has to be said that this is 2010 & I didn't like the homophobic chanting coming from our end.
Morectalk

Postby Lloydie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Morectalk wrote:Also has to be said that this is 2010 & I didn't like the homophobic chanting coming from our end.

I don't know what our 'fan's problem was with their left back but he was getting on everyone around me's tits. What I couldnt belive was his Mrs was stood next to him egging him on...

I think I'll move to the PM Stand perminatly soon, just not liking the MBW
Lloydie

Postby Morectalk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Their manager Graham Westley seemed to be getting some stick too. It has to be said, having a go at the opposition for a poor pass or decision is one thing, but the homophobic stuff was well out of order in my opinion. The best of it was, half the people joining in had no idea why they were throwing these comments in, they are just sheep who follow the mob in case they lose face. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Morectalk

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Any stick aimed at Graham Westley is fully justified! I don't recall any homophobic chants other than the "do you take.." chant which has been argued over on here enough times already.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Morectalk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:25 pm

I don't know where you were standing, but there was plenty more than the "do you take it.." song being thrown in Westleys & Lairds direction where I was stood. Don't get me wrong, we all vent our frustrations on a Saturday afternoon, but this kind of stuff just seems a bit wrong to me.
Morectalk

Return to General Discussion