OT Heysham By Pass Racetrack

OT Heysham By Pass Racetrack

Postby Number 1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Always was of course, but now they've covered up the 50mph signs, so with no speed limit, anything goes presumably.

Are they reducing the limit or making it a national speed limit I wonder?
Number 1

Re: OT Heysham By Pass Racetrack

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Ludicrous road that one mate.

There were a couple of fatalities last year I recall.

I drive down it and have NEVER seen a Police Speed Trap on it, but god only knows, there SHOULD be. Or a Gatso.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:27 pm

It's going back to 60 MPH even though the warning signs of more carnage to come are there for all to see, They should reduce it to 40 mph and have mobile cameras on there regularly then these hi powered Merc, Bmw and boy racer wanabees will pay the price for endangering other careful law abiding road users
HALMA 1983

Postby Splodge » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:41 pm

I don't see why the speed limit is an issue; 60mph makes more sense to me as it is a wide, well surfaced, mostly straight road, and 60 will be no problem for those law abiding road users who pay attention to their surroundings and brake appropriately for roundabouts or hazards. Those who wish to race or otherwise be stupid will do so regardless of the speed limit.
Splodge

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:I drive down it and have NEVER seen a Police Speed Trap on it, but god only knows, there SHOULD be. Or a Gatso.

They always have speed traps on there during the lead up and directly after TT Races and always catch more locals than visiting bikers.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:47 pm

Splodge wrote:I don't see why the speed limit is an issue; 60mph makes more sense to me as it is a wide, well surfaced, mostly straight road, and 60 will be no problem for those law abiding road users who pay attention to their surroundings and brake appropriately for roundabouts or hazards. Those who wish to race or otherwise be stupid will do so regardless of the speed limit.

agree,and there are no pedestrians......
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Keith wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:I drive down it and have NEVER seen a Police Speed Trap on it, but god only knows, there SHOULD be. Or a Gatso.

They always have speed traps on there during the lead up and directly after TT Races and always catch more locals than visiting bikers.

havnt caught me yet :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby captain sparkle » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Any one noticed the wavy '(tyre)skid marks' that have appeared on a lot of local roads this last week?
what's all that about?
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Tablespider » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:04 am

Not sure if its elsewhere, but I notice that Broadway has been reduced back to 30mph along the whole road now. Smile for the camera :)
If you want to know my opinion, ask my wife :)
Tablespider

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:44 am

Number 1 wrote:now they've covered up the 50mph signs, so with no speed limit, anything goes presumably.

If the 50mph signs have been covered up, then it is currently a 30mph limit for the full length because an 'alternative speed limit' sign would be needed at the exit from the 30mph, for example at the roundabout exit from Morecambe Road. If there isn't one, then the speed limit doesn't change.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby captain sparkle » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:35 am

Tablespider wrote:Not sure if its elsewhere, but I notice that Broadway has been reduced back to 30mph along the whole road now. Smile for the camera :)

Panic not, ye who have exceeded 30mph this last week or so!
It starts on 25th october, see The Visitor.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Stewie » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:44 am

Also be aware signs are going up to reduce the speed on Regent Road, Balmoral etc all down to 20mph!

Might catch a few out on the way to the match?
Stewie

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Splodge wrote:I don't see why the speed limit is an issue; 60mph makes more sense to me as it is a wide, well surfaced, mostly straight road, and 60 will be no problem for those law abiding road users who pay attention to their surroundings and brake appropriately for roundabouts or hazards. Those who wish to race or otherwise be stupid will do so regardless of the speed limit.

By reducing it to 40 mph the idiots would push it to around 60 mph but by having it at 60 mph expect this to rise between 70 & 80 mph
Besides what I was trying to point out was the outcome of this wreckless don't give a shit driving style adopted by some on this stretch of road, if you had been working on the farm directly across from the incident, heard the massive crash and ran over to find a car in two halves with the father dead in the front and his young kids in a seriously bad way strapped in the rear half maybe that would make people think twice about it.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:Besides what I was trying to point out was the outcome of this wreckless don't give a shit driving style adopted by some on this stretch of road, if you had been working on the farm directly across from the incident, heard the massive crash and ran over to find a car in two halves with the father dead in the front and his young kids in a seriously bad way strapped in the rear half maybe that would make people think twice about it.

It may be a different incident, but wasn't the driver of the car that caused the accident drunk? No speed limit can account for selfish twats who get behind a wheel after they've been drinking.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:20 am

Keith wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:Besides what I was trying to point out was the outcome of this wreckless don't give a shit driving style adopted by some on this stretch of road, if you had been working on the farm directly across from the incident, heard the massive crash and ran over to find a car in two halves with the father dead in the front and his young kids in a seriously bad way strapped in the rear half maybe that would make people think twice about it.

It may be a different incident, but wasn't the driver of the car that caused the accident drunk? No speed limit can account for selfish twats who get behind a wheel after they've been drinking.

Certainly was a drunk female driver who had mixed anti depressants with alcohol

Full story -- http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news ... _1_1172541
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:51 am

Pretty sure new speed signs are up on the bypass, although I maybe wrong

I drove home from work yestrday morning and when coming onto the bypass at Heysham the signs said 50 mph I got to the first roundabout and there was no change in the speed limit, I then travelled to the next roundabout where you can take the back lanes to Middleton an Overton, As I were continuing onto the stretch of bypass heading towards Wickes I am sure I saw a sign which displayed 60 mph (shall be checking on my way home in an hour or so)

Once I got to the wickes roundabout the speed limit was reduced to 40 mph all the way to mcdonalds, where it drops to 30 mph

so it seems it is just the middle section which has increased.

I will have to double check later this morning, forgive me if I have got it wrong.
Loyalsupporter

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:Pretty sure new speed signs are up on the bypass, although I maybe wrong

I drove home from work yestrday morning and when coming onto the bypass at Heysham the signs said 50 mph I got to the first roundabout and there was no change in the speed limit, I then travelled to the next roundabout where you can take the back lanes to Middleton an Overton, As I were continuing onto the stretch of bypass heading towards Wickes I am sure I saw a sign which displayed 60 mph (shall be checking on my way home in an hour or so)

Once I got to the wickes roundabout the speed limit was reduced to 40 mph all the way to mcdonalds, where it drops to 30 mph

so it seems it is just the middle section which has increased.

I will have to double check later this morning, forgive me if I have got it wrong.

It would appear that the new limit is not officially in effect, some parts of the bypas are displaying 50 mph and others are 60 mph

by the looks of things the limit is to be increased from Heysham all the way to Wickes to 60 mph. Then 40 mph from Wickes to McDonalds
Loyalsupporter

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm pretty sure its always been 40 from Wickes to McD's.
morecambe mick

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Always has been 40 on that stretch from Wickes to McCrap Mick, yes.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion