I.T.V. Must Be Glad They Have Chosen Spurs!

I.T.V. Must Be Glad They Have Chosen Spurs!

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:01 pm

:lol: :lol: 3 down after 15 mins and down to 10 men.

What's the odds on a turnaround Shrimper?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: I.T.V. Must Be Glad They Have Chosen Spurs!

Postby George Dawes » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

i have stopped watching it been looking forward to it aswell :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 pm

It's a good job Shrimper dislikes the Champions (sic) League, his team won't be in it for long! I only switched on after 15 minutes.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:15 pm

and this strengthens my case about Harry Redknapp not good enough to be England manager he as no foreign(european) knowledge of football or experiance

he will just be like another Kevin Keegan 4 4 2 and charge in just like the Britons did against the Romans tactics :|
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:16 pm

From a neutral point of view i feel that Inter have just been playin some beautiful football, nothing any team could do about them...
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby jonnythedog » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:17 pm

DawZi wrote:and this strengthens my case about Harry Redknapp not good enough to be England manager he as no foreign(european) knowledge football or experiance

he will just be like another Kevin Keegan 4 4 2 and charge in just like the Britons did against the Romans tactics :|

To be fair though the fans would probably prefer that, it would be more entertaining and we love a heroic loser.
jonnythedog

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Talk about not letting the football spoil your day! Spurs fans are still in full voice tho.

Suppose some of us thought we had the game won 3.0 up at half time when Rochdale had other ideas.

Funny how Benitez was classed as a flop at Anfield :lol:
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm

I wouldn't say he was a flop, 2 Champions League finals during his tenure represents a decent return.

What a quote he came out with this week: White liquid in a bottle is milk.

It reminded me of Eric Cantona's thoughts on being sentenced to 100 hours community service: When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Silly foreign bastards!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RedRedWine1

Postby MfcChris » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:08 pm

and 2nd place in the league
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:10 pm

OK he wasn't a flop, he was a success - and then got sacked anyway :lol:
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 pm

4.3 Omg ! Are they Rochdale in disguise? :o
marky No.1

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Bale is absolutley amazing..
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Chelsea sacked their most successful manager ever in Jose Mourinho, It happens.

Spurs did ok in the end getting it back to 4-3, they were always going to struggle wih 10 men for such a long time but if anything they got better. You can argue that Inter switched off in the second half, but Spurs will be all the better for the experience tonight.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:45 pm

All 7 scored at the same end
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Has Adrain Chiles being getting fasion tips from Steve Bruce?

Good comeback by Spurs dispite a shocking first half always liked Bale think the big clubs will come in for him before too long.
heysham_mfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Has Adrain Chiles being getting fasion tips from Steve Bruce?

Good comeback by Spurs dispite a shocking first half always liked Bale think the big clubs will come in for him before too long.

He is at a big club already.

He has just signed a new 5 year contract.

They could outspend Man Utd , wouldn't sell to Chelsea so possibly only Man City and they haven't won a trophy since 1976 !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:56 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

They could outspend Man Utd , wouldn't sell to Chelsea so possibly only Man City and they haven't won a trophy since 1976 !

Who said it would just be English clubs would be interested in him? Their must be quite a few of the european clubs that will now keep a close eye on his progress.
heysham_mfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:04 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

Who said it would just be English clubs would be interested in him? Their must be quite a few of the european clubs that will now keep a close eye on his progress.

sure the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid will be interested. Every player has his price so if someone offers £40 million it will be a fantastic return as a reward to the club that saw his potential at 16 and put their money where their mouth was.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:28 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Has Adrain Chiles been getting fashion tips from Steve Bruce?

He's a toby jug filled to the brim with hot p*ss.
durhamshrimp

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:50 am

Don't agree that they were just too marvellous for us to cope with. Both their first two goals (as I was screaming in the Globe Bar and as Southgate pointed out at half time) were gifts because Jenas didn't track back and Ekotto was ball-watching - inexcusable at that level.

Even at 4-0, I was more furious with us than resigned to being outclassed, because every time Lennon or Bale got the ball they were scared stiff. Had we not made the silly early errors we'd have been right in the game (obvious, but you get what I mean - I didn't think they were just a different class to us).
I was saying: "We can still cause these problems!" - I was really meaning when we got them back at WHL but hey ho.

My one big worry about the return fixture is that Gomes is out (no complaints about the pen and sending off by the way). Cudicini is okay as a shot stopper but just not big enough to reach precisely placed shots.

On the up-side, VDV should be back again.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:52 am

shrimper wrote:Don't agree that they were just too marvellous for us to cope with. Both their first two goals (as I was screaming in the Globe Bar and as Southgate pointed out at half time) were gifts because Jenas didn't track back and Ekotto was ball-watching - inexcusable at that level.

Even at 4-0, I was more furious with us than resigned to being outclassed, because every time Lennon or Bale got the ball they were scared stiff. Had we not made the silly early errors we'd have been right in the game (obvious, but you get what I mean - I didn't think they were just a different class to us).
I was saying: "We can still cause these problems!" - I was really meaning when we got them back at WHL but hey ho.

My one big worry about the return fixture is that Gomes is out (no complaints about the pen and sending off by the way). Cudicini is okay as a shot stopper but just not big enough to reach precisely placed shots.

Many in the bar, Glen?
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Two of us at first.

Then about eight blokes who, I assume, had been playing on the all-weather pitches came in to watch the ManU game for a bit, leaving at half time. Then, later on, about another seven or eight straight off the pitches.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:22 pm

shrimper wrote:Two of us at first.

Then about eight blokes who, I assume, had been playing on the all-weather pitches came in to watch the ManU game for a bit, leaving at half time. Then, later on, about another seven or eight straight off the pitches.

2 games then. Good to see the 5/7 a siders using the facility ~ word will get round hopefully.
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:31 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I wouldn't say he was a flop, 2 Champions League finals during his tenure represents a decent return.

What a quote he came out with this week: White liquid in a bottle is milk.

It reminded me of Eric Cantona's thoughts on being sentenced to 100 hours community service: When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Silly foreign bastards!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even Fergie is at it now, when talking about Rooney leaving the sinking ship:

Sometimes you look in a field and you see a cow and you think it's a better cow than the one you've got in the field. It never really works out that way. It's probably the same cow and its not as good as your own cow. Some players like to think there's a better world somewhere else. It never really works.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RedRedWine1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:33 pm

shrimper wrote:Don't agree that they were just too marvellous for us to cope with. Both their first two goals (as I was screaming in the Globe Bar and as Southgate pointed out at half time) were gifts because Jenas didn't track back and Ekotto was ball-watching - inexcusable at that level.

It was a bit like Dagenham v Morecambe at the start !

Gomes should have nailed that guy outside the box. still a sending off but just a free kick !
Heysham_Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion