O/T Entertainments manager

O/T Entertainments manager

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:08 am

Recent posts have raised the worrying issue of The Globe Bar and Grill being underused during the week. This must be of concern to the Board as I'm sure that they had hoped that the place would be used every night of the week.

Whilst the Commercial Department are doing an excellent job in attracting new business to the Wright and Lord suite, I wonder if the appointment (if not already in place :?: ) of a focussed Entertainment Manager with specific experience of providing differing entertainment packages to cater for a variety of age groups would be worth considering?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T Entertainments manager

Postby outsider » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:52 am

Entertainment Manager

I thought that was Sammy's job ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby mazatec » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:06 pm

ITS ENTERTAININS READING YOUR COMMENTS WHICH BY ARE REALLY SILLY
mazatec

Postby Heysham_red » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Christies Child wrote:
outsider wrote:
alwaysright wrote:Wright & Lord main sponsors.........well thats a surprise ?????????????

It was all done above board with no funny goings on, all slips were put into a big barrel and drawn out by random people, Why do people always have to question things that go on? :roll: :roll:

...just enjoy the speculation I assume....or their 15 seconds of fame!

so which one is it CC? another 15 seconds or are you enjoying the speculation (which by this subject would appear the club is being miss managed)?

pretty hypocritical don't you think?
Heysham_red

Postby wonder shrimp » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:32 pm

do you mean something like this?

wonder shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:33 pm

mazatec wrote:ITS ENTERTAININS READING YOUR COMMENTS WHICH BY ARE REALLY SILLY

Rather than be sarcastic why not change the habit of a lifetime and post something constructive for a change. :evil:
Christies Child

Postby ockers » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:45 pm

there is a functions coordinator in place neil
Michelle Clee
and michael obrien is pretty experienced too
im sure as the weeks go by we will see more activities and events at the globe!
ockers

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:47 pm

It was all done above board with no funny goings on, all slips were put into a big barrel and drawn out by random people, Why do people always have to question things that go on? :roll: :roll:[/quote]

...just enjoy the speculation I assume....or their 15 seconds of fame![/quote]

so which one is it CC? another 15 seconds or are you enjoying the speculation (which by this subject would appear the club is being miss managed)?

pretty hypocritical don't you think?[/quote]

So what do you suggest that the club should consider to encourage more people to make use of the excellent off-field facilities such as The Globe Bar and Grill which is there to raise additional money for our club?

:?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:04 pm

AND
the same said manager should be responsible for the match day management of the food outlets in all the stands and if this is already in place then they should be sacked :!: I'm not being cruel or too negative but the way these outlets is currently run is not only causing the club to lose revenue but also ruin the day for alot of fans. If it is too difficult, time consuming or the club just don't have the staffing required then serious thought should be given to employing outside caterers to manage the outlets with commision to the club. This works very well for other clubs and is less hastle for the board.
nobbyshrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 pm

so let me get this right, you what the club to sack someone but you know nothing about what her job intails :roll:
halftimeresults

Postby Duffman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Although I'm not calling for anyone to sacked, it's a bit of a head-scratcher when the catering staff in the MBW stand don't have any food available at 3:45 as they're "waiting for half time" and when you do point out it's half time (and the sudden long queue) they say they've been too busy. :lol:
Duffman

Postby marky » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Sacking is a little on the extreme side. Having said that, if this was in the much lambasted public sector, said individual would have been failing so many targets that I would imagine they would be under untold pressure to improve.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Posh » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:38 pm

If you look at the areas of the club that caters for companies and large functions then the level of service and delivery is excellent. We used a sponsors box on Saturday for an 'all day company meeting' and got excellent service, a fabulous lunch and use of flipcharts and other equipment. Bar a couple of very minor things it was brilliant and highly recommended. I honestly can't think of anywhere in Morecambe or Lancaster that could offer facilities as good.

In the evening we went to the Gala Draw and again it proved itself as the best function suite in the district with superb food and service. Even in the last month its noticeable how its beginning to bed in and everything is so professional.

Yet the same approach won't work for the parts of the ground used by the ordinary supporter or for that matter the ordinary Morecambrian. All the comments about both the MBW catering and Globe Bar I would agree with. Being in a fairly long queue of people at 4pm at the back of the MBW, unnecessarily when you see the amount of staff, to watch two of them being told to 'take their break' is just ridiculous. And the staff behind the bar in the Globe Bar, with the exception of the older small white-haired lady and one other, are just hopelessly inexperienced. Getting a pint after a game is becoming an ordeal rather than a post-match pleasure and not just because of the queues. Time should be the healer and i'm sure service will improve.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Well Michelle can entertain me any time! :lol: .. :oops:

Posh - the small lady with "white" hair is called Lyn and if she reads your comments you will have a black eye on Saturday!! :lol: It would appear her blonde bottle has run out :o

Toby also deserves a mention, who is normally upstairs, and is one of the only ones who recognises which customer is next in the queue - in my book the 2nd thing they should learn when behind a bar. At Wycombe the equivalent bar has a single file queue which works well.

Back to topic. I am sure all this will be sorted out before tooo long, even if it takes the quarterly till takings to be accounted for .
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:01 am

Well I have just been given 100 glossy leaflets to distribute while doing my Gold Bond round this week advertising everything that is going on at the Globe over Christmas in the function room and the Bar and Grill.

Quite a lot of stuff going on you can even go for your Christmas dinner £55 for 5 courses.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am

C Premier Season Ticket Holders have been offered 2 course meal on Saturday for just £20 including V.A.T. !
Last edited by marky No.1 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:22 am

Listening to the radio yesturday an advert came on advertising christmas dinners, booking being taken now.
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:54 pm

marky No.1 wrote:C Block Season Ticket Holders have been offered 2 course meal on Saturday for just £20 including V.A.T. !

Have they? Really? What do us season ticket holders in the MBW get offered?

A dry pie (if there are any left) and a suck on a bit of damp cloth. :evil:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Is twenty quid for a prematch 2 course meal considered a cheap deal :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:C Block Season Ticket Holders have been offered 2 course meal on Saturday for just £20 including V.A.T. !

Have they? Really? What do us season ticket holders in the MBW get offered?

A dry pie (if there are any left) and a suck on a bit of damp cloth. :evil:

To be fair I'm sure that if anyone from elsewhere in the ground who has a season ticket want's to take up a similar offer (taking into account the season ticket price obviously) they will be made welcome.

This applies to none season ticket holders as well, who will no doubt expect a relative discount :roll:

As to the £20 being cheap, I would say that anyone wondering should try It now as it "can't get much cheaper than that! Someone had a Birthday (think it was Harry) and said he was most pleased at £30 which will have been £35 inc. VAT (£36 when the VAT goes up)

So yes I would go as far to say "cheap". A burger outside in the cold last Saturday was £4.50!!
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:10 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Is twenty quid for a prematch 2 course meal considered a cheap deal :?:

Hope not!
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:03 am

all you can eat at the toby carvery is £22.00 pre match all the time, FOR 4 PEOPLE AT £5.25 A HEAD :!:

A light snack can be had ,£1.00 bacon butty, at the william mitchell :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:45 am

Ok with that logic we shall do the full hospitality inc. The match, the programme, warm air heaters , 8 course meal with personal waitress, a hot pie with gravy, chips on the side with a Caffreys, Strongbow and a bottle of red or white of your choice. Your kids under 40 shall be allowed in free and the youngsters will have their own playstations in their viewing area. This will all be provided for 8 quid a game.

We will be in administration within 3 months but at least you will be happy.

Dan has come on here voluntarily to try to answer questions and deserves a little bit of politeness. Quite frankly I wouldn't have been arsed like the previous MFC official who used to come on here to "help" gave up due to the stupid comments and personal abuse.
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 am

Have you become official corporate ass kisser marky no 1 :?:

no one is expecting miracles, but coming on here to answer questions about crap service, you would expect some frank comments, from my point of view, i am happy to pay for food and drink in the plant room if they have any to sell, if refreshments consist of sorting out the corporate, non matchwatchers first then selling the leftovers to the proles, fine, we will eat and drink elsewhere for less money anyway :!:

yeah wow
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:28 am

mrpotatohead wrote:Have you become official corporate ass kisser marky no 1 :?:

No. Constructive comments are "welcome" ranting and raving just makes you look like a cock ;)

By your own admission you pay for a "cheaper" match ticket then sneak into the Corporate facility doing the Club out of a few of your ££££'s and adding queue time for us that have paid more. I'm all for getting a perk but to blatantly tell everybody isn't clever, they do know who you are!

Maybe a suggestion would be for Dan, Lyn and Toby to migrate to the "plant room" bar one matchday to get a feel for the problems and expectations so they can feel it first hand, rather than be in the cosy surroundings upstairs?
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion