Family tickets for block C?

Family tickets for block C?

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Can you get them?
Wild Bill

Re: Family tickets for block C?

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:38 pm

no, i have enquired directly with mark dixon about a family season ticket in block c, they would rather have empty seats than reduce the rates for loyal fans with children :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:26 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:no, i have enquired directly with mark dixon about a family season ticket in block c, they would rather have empty seats than reduce the rates for loyal fans with children :roll:

There is a family section for loyal fans with children as far as I know.

The children wouldn't be able to go in the "Wright and Lord" suite for refreshments so parents would probably leave them unattended to run about.

also the prawn sandwiches might run out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Plan to go into the main stand on Saturday for the first time as it is my brother's birthday. We want to check out the Wright & Lord suite and have a few beers and my parents and 14-year-old sister want to come. Not sure they can afford or justify £50 for the pleasure though.

What are the facilities like for those in the family block? Is there a bar and what's it like for getting served? I assume you can get a family ticket at least for here? Would we all be aloud to sit together?
Wild Bill

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Plan to go into the main stand on Saturday for the first time as it is my brother's birthday. We want to check out the Wright & Lord suite and have a few beers and my parents and 14-year-old sister want to come. Not sure they can afford or justify £50 for the pleasure though.

What are the facilities like for those in the family block? Is there a bar and what's it like for getting served? I assume you can get a family ticket at least for here? Would we all be aloud to sit together?

FACILITIES?WHAT FACILITIES? In the family stand you will be stuck there for the 90 minutes, as there is too much of a queue to be served the over priced small hot dogs and re-heated pies with little chance of gravy as they always run out.
You can get served if you are prepared to leave your seat at 3.20 ish to be near the front of the queue, but there's one little problem with that.. you might miss most of what you paid for in the first place..the match!!!!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:03 pm

It was a very good ploy by the backers in building that M.B.W stand the way they have, It totally ended mine and more than a few others interest in ever going in the Home end for good in order to shift the match day emphasis to the PREMIUM way of thinking.
There's no way i'd of ever seen myself sat in a stand or be paying what i'm now paying in block C had something of similar nature to the original North stand been built but there you go.
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:23 pm

To be fair to the club , the view from the reasonably priced family block e is very good, the plant room themed diner is appalling, and usually runs out of hot food before half time, and guiness, and strongbow....

It is easy to get in the wright and lord bar without paying top whack, much to CC s annoyance, i do it every game without problems :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:56 pm

Anyone got any photos of the bar/concourse for the family block and the Wright & Lord suite?

Can't believe how much stick the club has got over the catering and the Globe as a whole. I hope they are listening and trying to solve the problems asap.

We seemed to cope better with only 4/5 food outlets at CP than we do now at present with not much bigger crowds. :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:39 pm

wright and lord suite looks very similar to the globe bar and grill outside the ground , same decor etc, family enclosure/concourse bar and food facility is best ignored, it is ,as many have reported designed to look like an underground carpark, big queues with no guarantee of food or drink when you get to the front,
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:27 pm

I got a couple of tickets from the Club shop 2 weeks ago for 2 exiles for yesterdays game in C Block. I pointed them in the right direction and off they went. During the game I looked over to see how their experience was going as it was their first visit but they were nowhere to be seen :o

It turned out that the 2 tickets for the seats that had been picked out on the screen already had customers sat in them. Naturally tickets were compared as each of the parties wanted to kick the others out but hey presto they had the same numbers on the tickets!

I have heard this happen before but now that this system is up and running how can it happen?

Turned out it didn't matter on this occasion as the steward simply showed them choices of other seats BUT if this had been a bigger game like the ones earlier in the season it could be somewhat embarassing
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:05 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I got a couple of tickets from the Club shop 2 weeks ago for 2 exiles for yesterdays game in C Block. I pointed them in the right direction and off they went. During the game I looked over to see how their experience was going as it was their first visit but they were nowhere to be seen :o

It turned out that the 2 tickets for the seats that had been picked out on the screen already had customers sat in them. Naturally tickets were compared as each of the parties wanted to kick the others out but hey presto they had the same numbers on the tickets!

I have heard this happen before but now that this system is up and running how can it happen?

Turned out it didn't matter on this occasion as the steward simply showed them choices of other seats BUT if this had been a bigger game like the ones earlier in the season it could be somewhat embarassing

Can't understand how that can happen because the whole seating plan is on a computer system. Can only think that the person who sold you the tickets or the other peoples tickets didn't mark them as sold on the computer.
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:22 am

marky No.1 wrote:Turned out it didn't matter on this occasion as the steward simply showed them choices of other seats BUT if this had been a bigger game like the ones earlier in the season it could be somewhat embarassing

Like the forthcoming England game for example. Hope that goes off without hitch in the seating arrangements .... Especially seeing as I believe the PMG has almost sold out and (more selfishly) I am trying it out for the first time and have my tickets pre-booked !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion