O/T Man U

O/T Man U

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm

it looks like Liverpool's money troubles could be coming to an end.
so what about Man U
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond/20 ... old_t.html
halftimeresults

Re: O/T Man U

Postby AJC » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm pretty sure Man Utd will be fine (hopefully not famous last words). With an operating profit of £100 million, and debt paid of by 2017, I wouldn't expect too much investment over the next 5 years, but once this is paid off and UEFA's new financially regulations are fully enforced, Man U will be in a pretty healthy position. As much as everyone like to lambaste the Glazers, they're doing exactly what they said the would, by concentrating on improving the commercial income of the club (revenues up by £127 million). So as long as the debt doesn't need restructuring again, and Utd can keep Fergie for as long as possible, I don't really see any problem with the ownership. People just can't get their heads around big numbers, £40 million "wasted" on interest for example, but unless Utd want to become the play thing of an oil rich billionaire or Sheikh from the East, then the club is always going to be bought using debt (or a mortgage, if you prefer), because there aren't many people with £1billion burning a whole in their back pockets.

I'd be more concerning with new ownership, i.e. NESV, coming in and promising the world when talk is cheap, as Hicks and Gillett proved. As someone who supports Man Utd and Morecambe (sorry, I know it is a cardinal sin, but being born in the era of supporting teams by watching games on TV, I am trying to rectify my wrong by supporting Morecambe as well!), although the Glazers aren't the perfect owners, they are far from the cash stealing criminals many other Utd fans think they are and Liverpool fans would like them to be.
AJC

Postby ezz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:23 pm

As a Liverpool fan I'm more than happy with NESV, last thing any Liverpool fan wants is a sugar daddy. Liverpool are the most profitable team in the world so as long as the debt is paid off which is what is crippling us then we'll be fine. An owner who invests in a new stadium is what is needed, with naming rights and increased revenue we'd have debt but at least its with development and pay itself off, instead of just paying off PURE debt.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Philja » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:44 pm

ezz wrote:I'm more than happy with NESV

One of the main reason this will work is the cost savings through bulk buying of socks..

Further reading (on a more serious note) albeit from a United bias:

http://andersred.blogspot.com/

I'd give it four years before the bubble bursts..
"The desert grows three miles a year, it just grows, it just grows.."
Philja

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 am

Following that link Philja it says more than 70% of costs is wages.

Isn't it about time the playing fields were levelled and everyone in English football had to operate within the same constraints.
The wage cap that exists in the lower levels of our national game should help to safe guard the future of our clubs.
morecambe mick

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:25 pm

So today Rooney has come out said that he will not sign a new contact for Man u.
Looks like he will be sold in January but
his value is dropping due to his poor form

Real Madrid dont need a striker.

Barcelona have no money.

Only Chelsea and Man city could afford him but Ferguson will not deal with rivals
halftimeresults

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:45 pm

halftimeresults wrote:So today Rooney has come out said that he will not sign a new contact for Man u.

Barcelona have no money.

Only Chelsea and Man city could afford him but Ferguson will not deal with rivals

I know of a club who could make use of an extra striker..... ;) ;) ;)

:lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Indeed, but as a forward who has a tendency to track back into midfield and play deep, would he *really* be the player to solve our lone striker conundrum? ;) :lol:
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Opinionated » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:33 pm

halftimeresults wrote:Real Madrid dont need a striker.

Real always need a striker, it's their philosophy :)

halftimeresults wrote:Barcelona have no money.

Barca don't have money but still managed to buy David Villa :!: It's they way of the Spanish game.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Rooney join either of these sides regardless of his actual worth to either side. Real are a vulgar team who get what they want at all costs.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby AJC » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:39 pm

BBC published a Deliotte report into the Premier Leagues percentage of turnover spent on wages (somewhere else there was a very interesting breakdown of this showing what the situation was at each club, with the likes of Blackburn, Fulham, Portsmouth etc at the time nearing 80%). Obviously this is out of hand, but surprisingly better than La Liga, Seria A and Ligue 1, with the Bundesliga the only one having a considerably lower percentage. I think the regulation system employed by the football league is a very good idea, and should be implemented internationally, although the fact that donations from the chairman count as turnover should be removed, as this was obviously exploited by Notts County to get them promoted.

halftimeresults wrote:So today Rooney has come out said that he will not sign a new contact for Man u.

Where??? If you believe the "reputable inside sources" of the unreputable British newspapers looking to flog as many copies as possible then you're gullible. Recently national newspapers seem to employ similar journalistic tactics to Heat magazine etc, where news is replaced by hearsay or is simply fabricated so that people will buy them for this "must read story", which is pathetic really. Until either Rooney, Ferguson or someone high up in the club confirms this story, then I'll give it all the journalistic weight it deserves, which is on par with the nonsense transfer gossip that goes around every transfer window.
AJC

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Germany have quite clearly shown the way forward and the only way to stop the ridiculous sky rocketting of player prices. It'd make it more competitive and actually make football more stable as a business.
Yet no other GB's seem to want to follow the Bundesliga example
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:49 pm

AJC wrote:BBC published a Deliotte report into the Premier Leagues percentage of turnover spent on wages (somewhere else there was a very interesting breakdown of this showing what the situation was at each club, with the likes of Blackburn, Fulham, Portsmouth etc at the time nearing 80%). Obviously this is out of hand, but surprisingly better than La Liga, Seria A and Ligue 1, with the Bundesliga the only one having a considerably lower percentage. I think the regulation system employed by the football league is a very good idea, and should be implemented internationally, although the fact that donations from the chairman count as turnover should be removed, as this was obviously exploited by Notts County to get them promoted.

Until either Rooney, Ferguson or someone high up in the club confirms this story, then I'll give it all the journalistic weight it deserves, which is on par with the nonsense transfer gossip that goes around every transfer window.

Last week Ferguson told us Rooney was injured.
Last year Gill told us Ronaldo was going nowhere.

I think i believe the papers more :lol:
halftimeresults

Postby George Dawes » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:02 pm

i dont think Rooney is intelligent enough or as it in him to learn and master a foreign language

i can see him being another Ian Rush who went to Juventus in the 80s
George Dawes

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:04 pm

ezz wrote:Germany have quite clearly shown the way forward and the only way to stop the ridiculous sky rocketting of player prices. It'd make it more competitive and actually make football more stable as a business.

Did you see in Germany the other week there was outrage because a price of a ticket for away fans went over the £20 mark.

To be fair to Bundesliga there are some big name players starting to make their way over into that league so they must be doing something right.

I think when the buble bursts everywhere else the Germans will be sitting pretty and everyone will be going there.

and every year there are 6 teams in with a shout and it always seems close and you get teams who one year they are near the bottom and next season if they have a good summer can turn it round and challenge at the top. It' would be hard to imagine Bolton fighting relegation one season then challenging for the title the next.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:28 pm

halftimeresults wrote:So today Rooney has come out als

Many more will follow :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Barcelona have no money.

:lol: But we need a goal scorer Rooney only has 1 goal this season.
heysham_mfc

Postby MfcChris » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:10 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Barcelona have no money.

:lol: But we need a goal scorer Rooney only has 1 goal this season.

And that was a pen. We can't talk tho. Jevons has 0 league goals.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:16 pm

yeah wow ruony to liverpool poss funny yeah wow
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Don't you love the way that United 'Fans' want Fergie out now.. :roll:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby AJC » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Don't you love the way that United 'Fans' want Fergie out now.. :roll:

Glad you put the 'Fans' in inverted commas there, and I would suggest that it is a very small minority of 'fans' that think Fergie should leave. It is technically blasphemy for any Utd fan to make such a short sighted suggest.
AJC

Postby MancShrimp » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Glad you put the 'Fans' in inverted commas there, and I would suggest that it is a very small minority of 'fans' that think Fergie should leave

There was more than a small minority upset with their performance on Saturday! They were booed of the pitch for letting a two goal lead slip. But to be honest the majority of those booing are not real fans just fickle corporate idiots. Most of the real Utd fans i know and work with are priced out of matches due to the corporate businesses buying up all the tickets, the real fans know ' Sir Purple Nose' is the best Manager in the country and will be hard to replace when he retires. I don't know how they can boo the team or the most succesful Manager there has been in English football in the last 20 years and its not as if they lost or are 19th in the Prem :o

As a Liverpool fan (and Shrimps of course) it pains me to say it but Sir Purple Nose is the best there's been for a long long time. :roll:

As for Rooney, an overpaid prat and if the rumors are true Fergie will have his reasons for shipping him out. He's got rid of better players than him in the past. Becks, Winker and Nistlehorse!!
MancShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:37 pm

I would hate supporting/following a team that is "expected" to win every week, must be very boring. I very much prefer our rollercoaster :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby AJC » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Not exactly a great performance, dominated the first half, threw away two easily and totally avoidable goals and then it could've gone either way from there. Still, booing the team because of one poor performance is counter productive, and you can't expect to win every game with exceptional performances. Despite having a few disappointing draws recently, I still think booing the team is premature, although not quite as bad as Birmingham fans the other week, who were unbeaten at home for a year until they lost to Everton, and were roundly booed after, unbelievable.
AJC

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:48 pm

ezz wrote:Germany have quite clearly shown the way forward and the only way to stop the ridiculous SKY rocketting of player prices. It'd make it more competitive and actually make football more stable as a business.

And there, my friend, is the crux.

Sky Champs League cash - billionaire investors - cash - more Sky Champs League cash - kerching, cashback.

:roll: :roll:

When will people get the message?? If you want rid of it all, don't campaign for Glazers out, don't campaign for Hicks and Gillett out (because some other billionaire wanting their slice of the pie will soon take their place)

... campaign for Champs League out!

Back to Champs only (one per country), straight knockout European Cup and you won't see their arses for dust! Because, once again, it would be too much of a gamble and the only ones prepared to take that gamble would be real fans whose hearts rule their heads. While there is guaranteed millions each year in CL TV income the big money men will always want to have their noses in the trough, flexing their muscles against each other on the world branding stage.

It really isn't rocket science, people.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby MancShrimp » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:51 pm

I would hate supporting/following a team that is "expected" to win every week, must be very boring

I don't i support Morecambe and Liverpool :lol:
MancShrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion