Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Sammy Praises Jim Bentley

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:56 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Here, Here!!

"When you're out of the side it's very easy to throw your dummy out"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 092371.stm

If Jim threw his dummy at Sammy, he would fall over :lol:

McCready and Jimbo in the centre with Parrish on the right and Willow on the left?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby essex_shrimp » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:27 pm

I would stick with the current team now .

Only think can shucker get himself back into the first team

I would take a draw vs Aldershot then would we play 4-4-2 with jevons in why?

we should play4-5-1 with fleming linking up with mullin.

keep up good work sammy backing your inform players like he is doing with mark duffy and remember this this Bentley fighting to get into the first team and did and looked excellent just like now.

i always say patience is key in football i remember a fellow sv's copied this on his wall
essex_shrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Keith wrote:He may not be the best defender at the club but he is the best leader and that can make a difference throughout the team. In very simplistic terms, if Jimbo is say 10% worse as a defender than Will Haining, but he gets an extra 3% out of every player on the pitch, then that is a valuable contribution.

Sammy on the BBC wrote:He has 100% commitment and everything he does rubs off on people.

Good to see that the manager is listening to what I said and taking it on-board*

*this joke is brought to you in the style of the absent Negative Ned :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby essex_shrimp » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:14 pm

well said keith
8-) 8-)

Still tip morecambe for 3rd place
essex_shrimp

Postby Vinny » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Jimbo's return, with his determination and passion, has undoubtedly helped the team return to winning ways and helped keep two clean sheets. This has been great to see.

I think this needs to be taken one step further though, and give Jim the Captains' arm-band back. Barry is a great keeper, but I think he needs to concentrate on that - a couple of times he's showed a lack of communication, especially with Garry Hunter - and if Jim was Captain he would have immediately said something to sort the problem, but instead had to bite his tongue. I hope Jimbo regains captaincy soon to further consolidate our defence and communicate clearly in the middle of the park.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:49 pm

...but as Player Coach Jimbo has already got the on-field authority to organize and encourage his on-field colleagues. Although I don't like goalkeepers as a Captain in this case I'd leave well alone. Barry sounds chuffed to have Jimbo back in the team listening to his Radio Lancvashire interview of this evening.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby bigreddog » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:52 pm

I believe that Jim is the best player/defender/leader we've ever had. And I became a MFC supporter because of Ian Cain, who in my eyes is an absolute legend, Jim as a player and as a man is an inspiration to everyone at the club whatever role they perform. He should rightly be praised by Sammy, and be immortalised by the club sometime in the very near future. just a pitty the name of the bar is gone eh.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:07 pm

We could give it the nickname Jims Bar & Grill . Oh look JB's again :D
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:13 pm

sometimes Mr Lewis you are a genius. let's hope that doesn't stretch to the quiz tonight.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Sometimes :(

:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Jolly rog branch » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:40 pm

i think no matter how much of a legend Jimbo is ( and i think we all agree that he is one of the greatest Morecambe FC leaders of all time ) there is only so much one person can do, CC is right Jimbo surely has the same say in organising the defence and does not need the armband round them big arms of his to show everyone his leadership qualaties, 1st team player coach, team captain and also reserve team manager is enough for anyone person to carry out. My hat goes off to him as it cant be easy travelling the miles he does day in day out and also more when the reserves play also, to hear interviews before he came back saying he could not wait to get his chance, so as a fan i would just like to say a massive thank you to our team captain as Sammy has praised him we can too and also thank him for helping to get the season underway, Cheers JIMBO, true legend
Jolly rog branch

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:00 pm

bigreddog wrote:sometimes Mr Lewis you are a genius. let's hope that doesn't stretch to the quiz tonight.

Thanks for the build up Darren we will collect our quiz winning prize next week :D :D
marky No.1

Postby Lloydie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:30 am

I entered the name the bar compititon with 'Jimbo's Bar', couldn't belive what did win....

Anyway I think we need to stick with Bentley and Parrish at centre half for the considerable future, to groom our future captain next to him. To have the likes of Haining and McCcready on the bench shows how far we've come!
Lloydie

Postby cyprus-shrimp » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:37 am

Unanimous praise for Jimbo and deservedly so. But some questioning over on field captaincy between him and Barry.
Well we could always pretend that we are Crewe and have all eleven on field players as joint captains!!!!! ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
cyprus-shrimp

Return to General Discussion