Globe development?

Re: Globe development?

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Wayyyyyy we have a next match sign at the entrance to the ground :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:02 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Wayyyyyy we have a next match sign at the entrance to the ground :lol:

I know mate ! And how GOOD does it look eh ???!!!! Fan-blooming-tastic !!!!

I can stop stressing my head about it now !!! :lol:

And, breathe ........ !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:29 am

the matchday sign moan is frankly, shit, if you are going, you know theres a game on, the scoreboard moan is also pointless, and equally shit, everyone apart from the cucumber sarnie bunch know the score as they are watching the game, any spare cash should be spent on the refreshment areas for the non elete who at this moment are being treat like scum :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby parkyboy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:36 pm

What about those people that are going past ground for 1st time do you not think that the sign might encourage them to attend next match
parkyboy

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm

If you're driving into Morecambe, the road that passes the ground isn't the route that most people take or are directed. We should have a sign on the shrimp roundabout first of all pointing the way to our new Mecca, and then notes our next fixture. Build it and they will come.
RedRedWine1

Postby Tablespider » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Would a clock be too much to ask for?
If you want to know my opinion, ask my wife :)
Tablespider

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Tablespider wrote:Would a clock be too much to ask for?

what like a countdown clock with hours minutes seconds before next match :lol:
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:39 am

Bring back the mobile food stalls.......if EVERYONE is complaining about food then it doesn't look too hard to have mobile food stalls in there or outside.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:44 am

the thing is with them burger vans or pie vans if you want to call it them, like at the old ground, i imagine they will be owned by somebody privately who as to pay to pitch the bar/stall there and thats it..

where as now the bars are purpose built in the new ground and all the profit is 100% to MFC and no middle man something like that, so its all for a worthy cause?
George Dawes

Postby Duffman » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:58 am

DawZi wrote:where as now the bars are purpose built in the new ground and all the profit is 100% to MFC and no middle man something like that, so its all for a worthy cause?

What's a 100% of "sorry we've run out of food" before half time? I think most if not all matches I've attempted to get a pie this season and so far enjoyed just the 2.

I appreciate the club will only get a fraction of the sales from a burger van but a fraction is bigger than nothing.
Duffman

Postby George Dawes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:37 am

i dont like frozen pies anyway you can tell they've been frozen the pastrie repeats on you and there not as dry as that when you buy them from potts fresh without gravy

so there..
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 am

What makes the club more profit? Someone who doesn't turn up? Or someone who does turn up, regardless of buying a pie. People more likely to show up if the food is better, more accessable and well....you actually get food.
The club still make profit from a burger van and it's not like we'll lose out as most the time the stock is sold out anyway.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:36 am

ezz wrote:What makes the club more profit? Someone who doesn't turn up? Or someone who does turn up, regardless of buying a pie. People more likely to show up if the food is better, more accessable and well....you actually get food.
The club still make profit from a burger van and it's not like we'll lose out as most the time the stock is sold out anyway.

Very good post.

In addition to your observations, I wonder how much profit is actually made when one considers the staffing costs which in all areas of the Arena must have increased significantly.

It will be interesting to see the first set of trading accounts for The Globe when they are presented at the appropriate shareholders meeting unless of course The Globe is operating as a seperate company to MFC.

I'm confident that the excellent work of the Commercial team will provide a healthy profit, but the staffing costs of match day alone must have increased significantly.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:55 am

In addition to your observations, I wonder how much profit is actually made when one considers the staffing costs which in all areas of the Arena must have increased significantly.

possibly as long as it is broad

another option would be to lease the catering bars out per season so that them people at the old ground can come in and can carry on the good busness of old

and in return save the club staff wages and hassle
George Dawes

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Christies Child wrote:
ezz wrote:What makes the club more profit? Someone who doesn't turn up? Or someone who does turn up, regardless of buying a pie. People more likely to show up if the food is better, more accessable and well....you actually get food.

Very good post.

It will be interesting to see the first set of trading accounts for The Globe when they are presented at the appropriate shareholders meeting unless of course The Globe is operating as a seperate company to MFC.

I'm confident that the excellent work of the Commercial team will provide a healthy profit, but the staffing costs of match day alone must have increased significantly.

But I thought it was the Carlton that was running the catering side of things after it had beeb out to tender,
In that case Morecambe have made their money already?
halftimeresults

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Correct about the Carlton, but the increase in Match Day stewards and other personnel throughout the stadium has surely increased the costs on match days alone.

Thankfully the increse in gates should offset the additional costs involved.

We are now a business first and foremeost. The days of just being a football club are over.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:56 pm

I thought it was going to tender but then in the end it didn't happen and now the Carlton bloke just runs the catering side as an employee of the club.

Now on Saturday I didn't have to wory about such things as I was fed and watered in the Wright & Lord Suite and my Steak and Ale pie with all the trimmings was fantastic :lol:

One observation I had was like CC says the amount of staff in there is unbelivable there seems to be loads of different people running around in there god knows what they all do and how much it costs the club.

Although it was fantastic in there and they have thought of everything it shows that we can get it right when we want to so a little bit more thought for the rest of the ground wouldn't go a miss.

Anyway next game normal service will resume when I will be complaining about overpriced pie and beer :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Callum wrote:
DawZi wrote:where as now the bars are purpose built in the new ground and all the profit is 100% to MFC and no middle man something like that, so its all for a worthy cause?

What's a 100% of "sorry we've run out of food" before half time? I think most if not all matches I've attempted to get a pie this season and so far enjoyed just the 2.

I appreciate the club will only get a fraction of the sales from a burger van but a fraction is bigger than nothing.

With better training and management, the single food outlets could be run more efficiently.

The staff are still a bit wet behind the ears and there seems to be little pre-planning. Get the staff trained-up and on the ball, get enough food in to cope with demand depending on the crowd expected, have it all cooked and ready to meet the peak periods and possibly even pull a few pints ready just before half time. Sorted!
Wild Bill

Postby Tablespider » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:14 pm

If the various food outlets were available to local charities/community groups, with the profits split (for example 50/50) and providing there was an afternoon's training regarding matters of health and hygiene, safety etc, I would guarantee that there would be pies and gravy by the bucketful, and may even BOVRIL!!!!!!
If you want to know my opinion, ask my wife :)
Tablespider

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:59 pm

If you attend horse race meetings and similar the Guinness, bitter and lager tents already have a number of fresh pints already poured. I don't mean so many that it is wasted but certainly at half time they should prepare for the obvious onslaught and that applies to the W& L Suite as well. People that could maybe squeeze 2 pints in only have time for one, that's if they even bother to wait in the 1st place. 20 mins later they are standing twiddling their thumbs anyway.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:41 pm

the low rent area of the main stand had nothing to have ready mate, 10 minutes before half time they had no queue, no guiness, no strongbow, no hot dogs pies or any other hot food, a few people are blaming rookie staff, the staff can only sell what is in stock, shambolic :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:49 pm

It must have already been piped upstairs in that case. The dining area was larger than Burnley. Another one of those and the "fans" will be bringing their own picnic tables and chairs
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:26 pm

I agree with Mr Potatohead

An American statistician called Deming (went to Japan after WWII and helped Japan transform its failing economy renowned for producing poor quality goods, into the exact opposite) claimed that the people performing the task were often focussed upon too much as the reason for differing levels of output. He said that 85% of systems failure was the result of the processes that are in place. People can only work as well as the system allows them to.

The catering at the Globe is poorly planned. As far as I am aware hot food is prepared under the kitchens under the PMG and then transferred into the outlets in the different areas of the stadium. Under the MBW, pie heaters keep the holy pie at the optimum eating temperature whilst hot dogs look like the boil bag variety (too space age and American for me to consider). No hot food can actually be cooked in the outlet. Each method is designed to keep things warm, and it constrained by the capacity that they can hold. Once all the stock is sold out at the outlet, they must be replenished from the PMG stand. The gravy is stored in an insulated flask and hence has the same consistency of water. I'm still thinking about the reasoning behind the pea puree, either way it's a bit shit to have no food available for half-time and it's not necessarily the people serving who are at fault. It needs to change.

My half-time ritual has been savagely mismanaged by men in suits. I'm not happy, and I've clearly got too much spare time on my hands to be thinking about it! :lol:
RedRedWine1

Postby Duffman » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:30 pm

RedRedWine wrote:My half-time ritual has been savagely mismanaged by men in suits. I'm not happy, and I've clearly got too much spare time on my hands to be thinking about it! :lol:

You've got some cheek RedRedWhine! You got the last pie on Saturday, it was the poor bloke behind you that didn't... me! :lol:
Duffman

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:03 pm

the bacon butties for a quid at the mitchell, if you are en route are actually nice, grab a pint whilst waiting, and on you go, rather give the money to the club, but its up to them to sort it out, I still think they really need to make the quid a kid thing a weekly event, and order more food, not rocket science :!:
mrpotatohead

Previous

Return to General Discussion