Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:56 pm

It could be worse!

How about 4 - 6 - 0 :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9055906.stm
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: For Those Not Happy With One Up Front

Postby Posh » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:07 pm

I remember when we lost 3-1 away at Hereford United under Jim Harvey. That team featured five central defenders, no strikers and Rigoglioso up front on his own. We were awful.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Scotland the brave :lol:
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:53 pm

They dont seriously think that making it an attacking training drill for spain they'll actyally keep it 0-0
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Philja » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Seems the young 'uns just by-pass the whole midfield and welly it in from half way.
Could be the way forward?

Scotland -Vs- Iceland U21 Play-off for Final Tournament, Second leg - 11/10/2010
"The desert grows three miles a year, it just grows, it just grows.."
Philja

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Been watching the interviews on Sky there saying they are 'unhappy they lost the game' don't have any sympathy for them only those fans that traveled to watch. I'm sure most would not have bothered if they saw the formation CL was planning beforehand.
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:23 pm

They have reverted to one up front tonight, can't see him getting many touches tho :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Castaway » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:59 pm

I remember when we lost 3-1 away at Hereford United under Jim Harvey. That team featured five central defenders, no strikers and Rigoglioso up front on his own. We were awful.

It was all good, until we went 1-0 down after 5 minutes IIRC!
Castaway

Postby Sammy h » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Imagine having to watch the match in Scotland surrounded by them :lol:

Not a pretty sight.
Sammy h

Postby Heysham_red » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:42 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Been watching the interviews on Sky there saying they are 'unhappy they lost the game' don't have any sympathy for them only those fans that traveled to watch. I'm sure most would not have bothered if they saw the formation CL was planning beforehand.

Not true, many of the tartan army travel without tickets. In fact there was an estimated 6000 Scots fan travelling but only officially 2000 away tickets. if you watch the game then you will notice hoards of Scotland fans in the home end. and this isn't unique to Prague. the 1-0 win at the Parc de Princes a few years back was pretty much 50/50 for France and Scotland supporters. Its a philosophy that many away fans to Morecambe adopt. Don't let the football ruin your weekend.

Sammy h wrote:Imagine having to watch the match in Scotland surrounded by them :lol:

Not a pretty sight.

Maybe not so much on Friday, but last night might have been a different matter. I've been to many games in my life but the support the tartan army give when Scotland are the under dogs (which is most times to be honest) is second to none.

Last night Scotland were completely out played by the world champions. but the never say die spirit go us back level. Why? because everyone playing on the Scotland team wanted to be there. The spirit of the Scotland players and the pride in most (although a night like that might make Phil Bardsley that he made the right decision) is something that the England players lack so much that they deserve to be booed. There is no illusions up here. England probably would beat Scotland. England have better players. but for pride, Scotland is second to none and its something the England players really need to learn. that its privilege not a chore plays for your country.
Heysham_red

Postby Opinionated » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:54 am

Heysham_red wrote:Maybe not so much on Friday, but last night might have been a different matter. I've been to many games in my life but the support the tartan army give when Scotland are the under dogs (which is most times to be honest) is second to none.

Last night they where completely out played by the world champions. but the never say die spirit go us back level. Although another loss it was (another turn of phrase used by the tartan army) a glorious failure. Why? because everyone playing on the Scotland team wanted to be there. The spirit of the Scotland players and the pride in most (although a night like that might make Phil Bardsley that he made the right decision) is something that the England players lack so much that they deserve to be booed. There is no illusions up here. England probably would beat Scotland. England have better players. but for pride, Scotland is second to none and its something the England players really need to learn. that its privilege not a chore plays for your country.

Brilliant post, you have identified the reason the English national team don't mean much to me. It's compulsary to support both your country and your local team, however in most cases your local club play with twice the amount of passion that the national team does. This definately applies in our case. I don't expect England to win the World Cup, I just wish they went out fighting. I much prefer to watch Scotland or Northern Ireland, the atmosphere at Windsor Park is incredible!
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby ockers » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:56 am

Posh wrote:I remember when we lost 3-1 away at Hereford United under Jim Harvey. That team featured five central defenders, no strikers and Rigoglioso up front on his own. We were awful.

3 0 away early in the season
it could have been 6 or 7 that day
we had dean howell that day!!
ockers

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:59 am

Try watching a supporters game,
they play a formation of 1 ,1 ,8
halftimeresults

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:46 pm

halftimeresults wrote:1 ,1 ,8