Gravy on pies

Re: Gravy on pies

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Tablespider wrote:And no cowing Bovril either! What are football grounds coming to????

Yup, I asked for a Bovril only to be told they don't do Bovril "only tea or coffee"... so I didn't bother with a drink either :? :cry: For goodness sake, I even have pie & peas with Bovril at home on the Saturdays when I can't get to the game. Next time we're at home and I can't get there, I'll eat a piece of cardboard with a cup of tea for that authentic Globe catering experience! :shock:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:10 pm

It's a new catering team at the Globe you would understand the first couple of games a few issues bu they should have had it sorted out by now.
heysham_mfc

Postby bigreddog » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Tablespider wrote:
Jasper Carrot would turn in his grave!

he's not dead is he? surely not, though I'm no bovril fan, the pies with gravy did look very good yesterday, but I did have a few disgruntled people near me who couldn't believe the outlet had run out of proper food. thankfuly I got mine before kick off.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby SPARKYM » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Tablespider wrote:And no cowing Bovril either! What are football grounds coming to????

I remember being a guest of the sponsors at Stamford Bridge (a few years ago now, when they were sponsored by Commodore) and my wife asked for Bovril at half time. Champagen there was aplenty, wine by the barrel but no Bovril. But to my eternal surprise and to the eternal credit of the in house caterers, someone found some somewhere, and about five minutes into the second half, two piping hot plastic cups appeared! Fan-tastic!

SAD :roll:
SPARKYM

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:23 pm

SPARKYM wrote:SAD :roll:

Maybe, but it's the little, simple things in life that we remember, and often cling onto.
Plain Peter

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:59 pm

bigreddog wrote:
Tablespider wrote:

he's not dead is he? surely not, though I'm no bovril fan, the pies with gravy did look very good yesterday, but I did have a few disgruntled people near me who couldn't believe the outlet had run out of proper food. thankfuly I got mine before kick off.

That was my memory shown on the F.L Show at Hereford, Burgers & onions on the griddle plate gently cooking away in order to feed the starving masses, As mentioned by a few on here EATING at a Footy match is an important part of the complete package, I said that we'd been spoilt at Christie with the service and grub we received from the girls.

Turns out those words were a massive understatement to say the least!
HALMA 1983

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Shrewsbury fans complaining about our catering as well: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index ... read=69315

To be honest its quite embarrassing that it still hasn't been sorted by now - who is responsible for the catering inside the ground?
Morecambe Jack

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:37 pm

makes no odds to us, as we eat before getting there due to rip off prices, but it is a total joke that must be costing the club a fortune, a forty foot long line of people cannot buy a 3quid pie with gravy or a hotdog, or cider or guiness, christ, lucky there is no hotel, there would be no bedsheets, or fast food outlet as there would be no ketchup :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby dave wilky » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:18 pm

catering is a joke full stop......too expensive...slow service....lack of basics like.....PIES....
Also where do we put the rubbish ie suger wrappers ..milk cartons ..used spoons ..stirrers and other rubbish at the end of the counter...everything ends up thrown on the floor....
can we have a bin please... :evil:
dave wilky

Postby George Dawes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:53 pm

this story off the Shrewsbury website sums the catering service up :|

Its a complete sham of a stadium, they have played 6 home games to date this season and still no price list or menu for the food bar. I went to the counter yesterday and ask how much hotdogs were and he walked over and looked on the till then cam back and said £3-15 so i said i'll have a hotdog then he replied they weren't ready, so i asked for a meat and potato pie and he replied again they weren't ready. So i asked for a cup of tea and he went and made the cup of tea and then went to the till to find out the price and he came back and said £1-40 then i gave him £2 and asked for a kit kat as well and he went to the till then cam back and said thats £2-05 so i gave him another £1 and he went back to he till again, absolutely nuts.

1. No menu with prices so you can't work out how much anything costs and get your money ready.
2. the tills are over the other side of the room so they have to walk backwards and forwards to them.
3. the food wasn't even ready yet i had been in the ground 25-30 minutes.
4. the ails were narrower than burton.
5. they had plywood running the entire length of the back of the stand which is nuts, i could clearly see this was basic shuttering ply that had been painted possibly in some sort of fireproof paint if not its a fire hazard.
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 pm

DawZi wrote:this story off the Shrewsbury website sums the catering service up :|

Its a complete sham of a stadium, they have played 6 home games to date this season and still no price list or menu for the food bar. I went to the counter yesterday and ask how much hotdogs were and he walked over and looked on the till then cam back and said £3-15 so i said i'll have a hotdog then he replied they weren't ready, so i asked for a meat and potato pie and he replied again they weren't ready. So i asked for a cup of tea and he went and made the cup of tea and then went to the till to find out the price and he came back and said £1-40 then i gave him £2 and asked for a kit kat as well and he went to the till then cam back and said thats £2-05 so i gave him another £1 and he went back to he till again, absolutely nuts.

1. No menu with prices so you can't work out how much anything costs and get your money ready.
2. the tills are over the other side of the room so they have to walk backwards and forwards to them.
3. the food wasn't even ready yet i had been in the ground 25-30 minutes.
4. the ails were narrower than burton.
5. they had plywood running the entire length of the back of the stand which is nuts, i could clearly see this was basic shuttering ply that had been painted possibly in some sort of fireproof paint if not its a fire hazard.

Let's hope that 'the powers that be' take note and act accordingly. It's not as though this is the first post to raise concerns about the catering or for that matter the area behind the away end!

I also thought it was a legal requirement to display prices for food.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 pm

I thought the same but maybe we're wrong:

Price indications are now controlled by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.
Consumers need to be able to make an informed decision about making a purchase of food and/or drinks. The above regulations have removed the specific requirements on pricing of food and drink services on premises. However, they do now require you not to trade unfairly which includes not leaving out important information that may affect a customer's choice of purchase. In order for them to make this choice they must have access to the following information before they make the purchase:
• Main characteristics of the product - for drink this will be a description of what it is and may include its brand name. For food this will be the name of the food and should include sufficient description of the item, or dish, for a consumer to make an informed choice.
• Price - including VAT and any additional service or other charge that has not been included.
• Quantity - size of drinks or specific portion sizes of foods (where appropriate).
• Your trading name and details of ownership - plus the address of the premises (unless this is obvious from the situation. This would include the need for such details in a price list that you send out from the premises).
How or where you display the information, required above, is no longer prescribed, but it should be clear and easily readable by the average consumer. When the information is provided, it is important to enable a consumer to make an informed decision before they are committed to a purchase.
To fail to show all or part of the information necessary, or to provide misleading information, may be regarded as an unfair trading practice and constitute an offence.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Lloydie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm pretty certain you need a price list when selling beer etc, giving units etc. Its not hard to sort
Lloydie

Postby Gnasher » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Again, if you google "price list selling beer legal requirement" then you'll find it may be an offense not to display a price list and it may be an offense if that price list is wrong. It looks like these days the rules have been relaxed and it's only if they think you are intentionally mis-leading customers that you are in breach of the rules.

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/core.nsf/a/ ... icedisplay
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Tablespider » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:20 pm

SPARKYM wrote:

I remember being a guest of the sponsors at Stamford Bridge (a few years ago now, when they were sponsored by Commodore) and my wife asked for Bovril at half time. Champagen there was aplenty, wine by the barrel but no Bovril. But to my eternal surprise and to the eternal credit of the in house caterers, someone found some somewhere, and about five minutes into the second half, two piping hot plastic cups appeared! Fan-tastic!

SAD :roll:

What can I say, we can't all lead exciting lives :)
If you want to know my opinion, ask my wife :)
Tablespider

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Some Shrews fans were quite shrewd with their choice of dining

"Much better to pretend to be a Morecambe supporter and purchase a ticket in Block C of the Main Stand.

Full bar facilities before during and after the game. Opened at 1.30 and was still going strong when I left at 6.00. 2 bars and neither crowded so easy to get a drink even at half time. Food also available.

Even Roland, Keith and James were allocated a table for lunch in this area.

And absolutely no problem mixing with the Morecambe supporters. Friendliest in the league in my estimation."
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:19 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Some Shrews fans were quite shrewd with their choice of dining

"Much better to pretend to be a Morecambe supporter and purchase a ticket in Block C of the Main Stand.

Full bar facilities before during and after the game. Opened at 1.30 and was still going strong when I left at 6.00. 2 bars and neither crowded so easy to get a drink even at half time. Food also available.

Even Roland, Keith and James were allocated a table for lunch in this area.

And absolutely no problem mixing with the Morecambe supporters. Friendliest in the league in my estimation."

You can't blame em really and these guys sound ok but if the wrong sort from other clubs find out this is the case then friendliness will go out of the window
HALMA 1983

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:08 pm

I think I know who these guys are, they have come and stayed up here quite a few times.

They have mingled with us many times and have had no problem whatsoever.

People who would want to come to cause trouble would find it extremely uncomfortable, with us being friendly and all ;)
morecambe mick

Previous

Return to General Discussion