OOh Ahhhhhh Looking For Eric

OOh Ahhhhhh Looking For Eric

Postby CASS » Mon May 18, 2009 5:55 pm

http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Re: OOh Ahhhhhh Looking For Eric

Postby shrimper » Fri May 22, 2009 9:41 am

Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Crimson Crust » Fri May 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Watch out Sardines!........ ;)
Crimson Crust

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:37 pm

The film is on C4 tonight 9p.m.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:22 pm

I wont be watching it, The French thug should of been banned from football after what he did but like everything else connected with Man u, got away with it :evil:
halftimeresults

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Watching it now Hodgie. Seems to be promoting the cause of FC United Of Manchester more than anything !
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby matty » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm firmly in the "Anyone but United" camp however Cantona was an absolute football genius, chucking beans at the moon mad, but a genius.

Top film. Enjoy.
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:37 am

ok you found me
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:44 am

Excellent film, thoroughly enjoyed it. I once nursed a guy whose hallucination began by 'helping him' and became his friend. He said on one occasion he was in an exam, struggling with a question when his 'friend' appeared and told him the answer. He said it was like having two of them in the exam room. Cantona took the micky out of himself in the film but I also wondered if it was quite 'accurate', for example was his favourite footballing moment that pass or was that just to fit in the line about giving and trusting?

halftimeresults wrote:I wont be watching it, The French thug should of been banned from football after what he did but like everything else connected with Man u, got away with it :evil:

You surely don't really believe that? Yes he was wrong and the punishment was about right but the 'big man' who was abusing him wasn't so big when Cantona stood up to him was he? He wouldn't have hurled abuse at Cantona in the street or in a pub and not expected a response but thought it was okay at a football match?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:39 am

Keith wrote:Excellent film, thoroughly enjoyed it. I once nursed a guy whose hallucination began by 'helping him' and became his friend. He said on one occasion he was in an exam, struggling with a question when his 'friend' appeared and told him the answer. He said it was like having two of them in the exam room. Cantona took the micky out of himself in the film but I also wondered if it was quite 'accurate', for example was his favourite footballing moment that pass or was that just to fit in the line about giving and trusting?

halftimeresults wrote:I wont be watching it, The French thug should of been banned from football after what he did but like everything else connected with Man u, got away with it :evil:

You surely don't really believe that? Yes he was wrong and the punishment was about right but the 'big man' who was abusing him wasn't so big when Cantona stood up to him was he? He wouldn't have hurled abuse at Cantona in the street or in a pub and not expected a response but thought it was okay at a football match?

But if you would had done what Cantona did at your work place you would have been sacked.
halftimeresults

Postby George Dawes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:20 am

But if you would had done what Cantona did at your work place you would have been sacked.

it was because of this same argument why Paul Ince got kicked out of Old Trafford he was arguing with Fergie over double standards and basically said if that was me or Roy Keane what have had done that we would have been kicked out of the club

next think Fergie phones inter Milan and said oh by the way you know last summer when you inquired about Paul Ince and we said he's not for sale well he is you can have him for 6million and just pay us when you've got the money..
George Dawes

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:23 am

halftimeresults wrote:
Keith wrote:Excellent film, thoroughly enjoyed it. I once nursed a guy whose hallucination began by 'helping him' and became his friend. He said on one occasion he was in an exam, struggling with a question when his 'friend' appeared and told him the answer. He said it was like having two of them in the exam room. Cantona took the micky out of himself in the film but I also wondered if it was quite 'accurate', for example was his favourite footballing moment that pass or was that just to fit in the line about giving and trusting?

durhamshrimp

Return to General Discussion