Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 0

Re: Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 0

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Christies Child wrote:but that tit of a Shrews Manager suggests that there is some history between Sammy and him. Why did he get involved?

Obviously trying to take the attention away from what was happening on the pitch, Lucky for us Stanners was able to put one over on his tormentors :lol:

How I would have loved for Jimbo to lash one home aswell
HALMA 1983

Postby bill ding » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Christies Child wrote:A well desreved win, but that tit of a Shrews Manager suggests that there is some history between Sammy and him. Why did he get involved?

My apology to those aroung me but it really annoyed me and I let my feelings get the better of me.

No worse than Turners comments CC i'm sure . might have miss heard but i am sure he said to sammy as he was being banished to the stand "F**K OF YOU BARMY BA****D" .No need for that i feel and it certainly not said tongue in cheek. :evil:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby mfcbro » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Well done the old boys,last 3 seasons sammy brings in new players,doesnt work and then up pops the old boys,and hey presto we start winning games.I thought Parrish and Bentley were outstanding today especially Parrish.Duffy is on a high,if we keep getting balls in the box we will score goals.We should have won 3-4 0 today against a good side. Well done you shrimps.
mfcbro

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 pm

I like how nobody has mentioned tactics today ;)

You have to say the 4-5-1 worked a treat with Mullin doing what he does best, Stanners and Fleming getting forward and Duffy and Rundle getting the balls into the box.

Well done Sammy, you got it spot on.
james456

Postby Posh » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 pm

mfcbro wrote:Well done the old boys,last 3 seasons sammy brings in new players,doesnt work and then up pops the old boys,and hey presto we start winning games.I thought Parrish and Bentley were outstanding today especially Parrish.Duffy is on a high,if we keep getting balls in the box we will score goals.We should have won 3-4 0 today against a good side. Well done you shrimps.

Everything he said.

Parrish was outstanding, Bents organiser supreme, Garry Hunter worked and worked, Loz Wilson back to his best and getting forward plus one fantastic covering tackle, Rundle good partnership with Loz always willing to cover back. The big difference for me today was confidence in the side which leads to great movement and every player wanted to try something. Give Stanners the video and show him attacking the box because if he did that every game we'd destroy sides. Duffs coming inside, Loz coming through the middle and Fleming drifting around. Awesome with the old boys at the heart of everything.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 pm

The collective intake of breath when Parrish missed the tackle in the box and the looks on the faces of the fans around me as we realised that the ref hadn't given a penalty was brilliant. :lol:

Their keeper was excellent today and I'll admit to thinking that when Duffy missed the penalty we were just not going to score today. I'm pleased that i was wrong with that.

I'd have given the MoM to Stanley personally. I thought he was ran the show and was the instigator of much that was good. I can't complain about it being Duffy though, he created most of our best chances and I felt for him when i missed that penalty, he looked gutted. No-one had a bad game and Bentley, Parrish and Flemming also impressed.

All in all I was really pleased with today. Good football, great win and a good crowd.

Would appreciate a little more punctuality from drummer in future though. It seemed like everyone was waiting for him. :lol:

Right then, more wine!
jonnythedog

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 pm

jonnythedog wrote:The collective intake of breath when Parrish missed the tackle in the box and the looks on the faces of the fans around me as we realised that the ref hadn't given a penalty was brilliant. :lol:

He put his whistle towards his mouth and i kacked it :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Parrish is a superb CB. I am worried that he will go back to RB and be wasted when Haining/McCready come back. Yes they are good CB's and yes Parrish is a good RB, but he is a better CB.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Well done the old boys,last 3 seasons sammy brings in new players,doesnt work and then up pops the old boys,and hey presto we start winning games.I thought Parrish and Bentley were outstanding today especially Parrish.Duffy is on a high

I do think he has tended to play too many new players at once at the start of the season, and things have taken a while to fit together. However...

Parrish and Duffy were both new boys not so long ago, both brought in by Sammy.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:04 pm

james456 wrote:I like how nobody has mentioned tactics today ;)

You have to say the 4-5-1 worked a treat with Mullin doing what he does best, Stanners and Fleming getting forward and Duffy and Rundle getting the balls into the box.

Well done Sammy, you got it spot on.

Fair comment. For the first 15 minutes I was thinking 'here we go' but from about that point we really played well with some great passing and it took some fantastic saves from their keeper to keep it to 0-0. I'm not a fan of 4-5-1 but it certainly worked well. Shrewsbury are a decent side but we were much better than them.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby yozzer » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:01 am

I have no problem with 4-5 -1 with the right players. It can be quite a fluid attacking way of playing. What we had earlier in the season was Jevo playing the lone striker's role and Scott as the holding player. By injury and serendipidity we now have a more balanced looking side. It's gonna be interesting with Macca and Will back in contention will Sammy be tempted to change it at the back. I hope he doesn't.
As for Scott, Shuker, Capaldi, Brown,Jevons, Spencer and Haining, they may have to accept bit parts for some time unless injury or suspension interferes
yozzer

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:57 am

[quote="bill ding
No worse than Turners comments CC i'm sure . might have miss heard but i am sure he said to sammy as he was being banished to the stand "F**K OF YOU BARMY BA****D" .No need for that i feel and it certainly not said tongue in cheek. :evil:[/quote]

Just what I heard apart from the "barmy" bit :o

Great entertainment today even at 0.0 . Good to see the Main Stand joining in. More of the same please :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 am

Sammy took his spare seat 4 rows behind the dugout but a friendly fan gave up his seat directly behind the dugout which completely negated the sending off. He then enjoyed a better view from a padded seat and within minutes we scored...

Please get sent off every week Sammy!! :lol:

Needed the Police to stand between the dugouts at the final whistle. Full credit to Lills to taking over and keeping his head, even shaking Turners hand. Thought the 4th official could have handled the incident better.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Harry » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:13 am

As everyone has said, excellent performance by all and a fully deserved 3 points. Parrish was MOM for me, he was everywhere at the back with Jimbo the glue holding the defence together. Stanley continued his good vein of form and Fleming looks more and more like a league player.

UTS~!
Harry

Postby mfcbro » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Thought he was a league player?
mfcbro

Postby shrimper » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Rundle did well, as did Fleming - both new players.

Wilson has looked better these past two games than at any time in the last couple of months of last season or the first few games of this.

Drummy has looked better since his return to the side than he did at the end of last season.

Wilson has Capaldi pushing him for a place, Drummy knows that Scott and Brown are there waiting to step in if he loses form. Parrish had to fight to get a regular position and knows he has to keep playing well or there are others to step in.

Sometimes it's just a matter of improving your squad so they all have to fight for their places.

If ALL that bringing in players like Capaldi, Brown, Scott etc has done is keep our regulars playing at their absolute best (and also allow us to release slightly inferior players while retaining some strength in depth) then it's been worth bringing in the new players, whether they start every week or not.

I think (most) of the new players have done their bit to help us improve our squad by a few per cent overall.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:37 am

As I said about a month ago I believe our form would pick up when Rundle came back, having teams always on the back foot with 2 very fast and tricky wingers is always going to win you games. Jimbo has come back, organised and made the team concentrate especially in the 2nd half and it's all coming together nicely. Parrish....learn all you can from him now as it could fall to you when jimbo is out the team!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Previous

Return to General Discussion