Lets go flipping mental

Re: Lets go flipping mental

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 pm

halftimeresults wrote:I do, it was my first derby game.

And I actually contacted Barrow AFC directly the following day and ordered a copy of the match video Hodgie !

I wish I still had it ...... !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby outsider » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Not the most important game,or sexiest location, but the one that I lost at was,

Chesterfield away 3/11/07. A 2-2 draw in which Curtis put us 1 up in the 1st min, they then batterd us for 93 mins going 2-1up.Then Simon Grand shinned a daisy cutter from 20yrd that seemed to dribble over the line, Myself and a friend ran down the stairs like two silly young kids jumping up and down,the look of horror on the young stewards face was a picture
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:40 pm

For pure unadulterated metalness, has to be Shelley's goal against Daggers in the Conference playoffs. Biggest pressure game I had ever seen, full house, then managed to level the tie; shortly after took the lead for the first time. Screamed my head off, grabbed every randomer around, then nearly collapsed! :lol:

Big Jim's goal against Buxton in our NPL promotion year was pretty awesome too. Remember being 13 and dragged over the advertising boards onto the pitch by the man himself! :D
Wild Bill

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:37 am

Craig Stanley v Shrewsbury 9.10.10 :mrgreen:
Bare Ben

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:13 am

Can I add Stanners goal yesterday please. The feeling was we should have been 4.0 up and still couldn't get the ball in the net. 2 miraculous saves, a goal line clearance, a fantastic cross missing the post by 2 feet and a missed penalty. All that and I was still expecting the Shrews to run back up the other end and put the ball in the net. Awesome day and the relief of the goal made the cushioned seats rock :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:24 am

i'll third it, i got so excited that i jumped up, missed the step on the way down, fell over and was left clinging onto the bar for dear life! :lol: :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby outsider » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:30 am

Matty the Shrimp wrote:i'll third it, i got so excited that i jumped up, missed the step on the way down, fell over and was left clinging onto the bar for dear life! :lol: :lol:

A fate that a lot of fans would have had last night after the great win
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Mark Quayle's goal against Cambridge in the FA Cup in November 2000 to put us 2-1 up and victors !!

That's the one I was going to mention. There have been many 'go mental' moments but that was a 'hug a stranger and bounce' moment!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Posh » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Sorry but the winner has to be:

Thommo's injury time winner away at Chesterfield in the FA Cup. To this day I've never met anyone who saw why the Chesterfield player got sent off shortly after the goal went in. We were going bonkers - in fancy dress - for so long everyone missed it.

An odd one I remember was a 2-1 down then 3-2 injury time winner by Robbie Talbot away at Nuneaton in about 2000. I just remember Carlisle Paul shaking my head side to side screaming 'this is what its about, this is what its about' over and over again and then going on a conga until the final whistle.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Previous

Return to General Discussion