Coley to Lincoln ?

Coley to Lincoln ?

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 pm

surely not, he must be after a payrise and a contract !

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/spo ... ticle.html
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Coley to Lincoln ?

Postby Ntini » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:56 pm

If this did come off I would be happy for John Coleman and Lincoln. But I'd be a bit worried for the future of Accrington Stanley. Not many people can do what he has done year on year with such tight finances. It may be a nice move for the Manager and his new club, but I fear our nearest 'rivals' would be up a smelly place without anything bearing resemblance to a paddle...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:17 pm

This has really got so angry. Why would he wanna join Lincoln from Accrington Stanley are a team nearly playoff spot top 19 team in my opinion and Lincoln a relegation fighting team bottom eight team at best

Coley has a tight budget and has his players playing not for $$ or women for the fans and the club.

Lincoln a big club I guess in League two by name and history but because of this does it mean the team can gain better managers.

Accrington do not let go off your boss remember the win 7-4 vs Gillingham and the style of the goals i was impressed.

If Preston got relegated to League one and Ferguson walked out would you then say as a example the Carlisle boss saying yes i will take the Preston job just because of the history
Last edited by essex_shrimp on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
essex_shrimp

Postby Ntini » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:41 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:This has really got no angry.

My, my Darren. We're going backwards again. Pull your finger out, mate!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Accrington losing the boss to a relegation based team wow Accrington pushing for the play offs Lincoln fighting for relegation :o
essex_shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:48 pm

...add Hereford to the list. Easy commute from his home.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Hereford - Want Jim Harvey meant to be 2-1 odds in the book makers on being next manager
essex_shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Hereford - Want Jim Harvey meant to be 2-1 odds in the book makers on being next manager

And the way it is going, in a few weeks Jim will be talked about for Tranmere too I would guess !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 pm

I know you can not believe what other football fans say.

But the Bookmakers have put Harvey 2-1 favourite for that job in Hereford
essex_shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:57 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Hereford - Want Jim Harvey meant to be 2-1 odds in the book makers on being next manager

Fans ..Yes
Directors.. :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Harvey to Hereford?? Are the Hereford fans ready for a "5 year plan" that lasts for 7 years and doesnt quite get anywhere?? :shock:
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Opinionated » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Harvey to Hereford?? Are the Hereford fans ready for a "5 year plan" that lasts for 7 years and doesnt quite get anywhere?? :shock:

How dare you!

We still love you Jim :D
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby marky » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:16 pm

If they want to stay up, it would be a very bad appointment. If they are planning for a few years back in non-league football, then it's perfect for them. I can't help feeling Hereford fans are looking at this through the eyes of dreamers. It's very rare for a hero as a player to translate that into a hero as a manager.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Ntini wrote:Not many people can do what he has done year on year with such tight finances

Hmm, I think you'll find that their chairman is quite probably wealthier than ours. I get the impression he's going about developing Accrington on a similar model as PMcG has with us.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:07 am

marky wrote:It's very rare for a hero as a player to translate that into a hero as a manager.

And the worse thing would be for that "hero as a player" to lose that hero status due to any issues that might arise when they became manager at said club.

Look at Stuart McCall at Bratford as a prime example.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Keith wrote:
Ntini wrote:Not many people can do what he has done year on year with such tight finances

Hmm, I think you'll find that their chairman is quite probably wealthier than ours. I get the impression he's going about developing Accrington on a similar model as PMcG has with us.

Who is the Chairman at Stanley?

Is it Ilyas Kahn (or someting like that) or is he the owner ?

I seem to recall that he didin't want day to day involvemnent and left that to another Director who he now blames for the lack of a signature on Coley's contract that was supposed to have been on the table some 18 months ago.
Christies Child

Postby maccawozzagod » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Christies Child wrote:Who is the Chairman at Stanley?

Is it Ilyas Kahn (or someting like that) or is he the owner ?

I seem to recall that he didin't want day to day involvemnent and left that to another Director who he now blames for the lack of a signature on Coley's contract that was supposed to have been on the table some 18 months ago.

well to the best of everyones knowledge (not sure they know what's going tbh)

Eric Whalley sold his 51% share to David O'Neil. He gave him a receipt but won't sign the shares over (at Company House) until the Football Club has repaid directors loans of £x that he allegedly put in. Apparently O'Neil was happy with this arrangement. So Eric is the legal owner but O'Neil owns it - you keeping up?

When the tax debacle ended last year (with neither O'Neil nor Whalley in any position to pay the debt) it did so with Ilyas Khan, a minted fan, paying the balance owing (around £200k) on proviso that the board of directors stand down and a new board, with Khan as non-executive Chairman, be put in place. This was agreed.

With Khan (none owner) in place as Chairman he proceeded to pay the debts up and bung a bit of money here and there for necessities (a new pitch was laid in the summer for around £70k)

A few weeks ago Khan then announced that it didn't matter who the owner was because he was going to convert the loans that he put into the club into equity and then launch a new share issue whereby the fans could buy the shares off him but the money would go into the club rather than his pocket. The share issue was agreed at a shareholders meeting a few months ago that O'Neil was present at (and consented to the plan) but Whalley was allegedly hiding in the office.. The existing share allocation is 100,000 and he will release a further 200,000. Thus the existing 51% numpty will be diluted to having 51% of a third - roughly 15%, and will be powerless to do or stop anything..

Khan has also promised to fund a new stadium within 5 years from his own pocket. this isn't a gift to the football club per se, but rather his legacy to the town as he wants it to be a true community club.

Well done to those who have followed it to the end and understood it.

Whalley is the legal owner
O'NNeil is the apparent owner
Khan is about to own it and there's not a damn thing the other two numpties can about it!
maccawozzagod

Postby Freez » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Great story, hope it works and Khan is as good as his word. Strange things happen to people when they finally get the power they crave. We shall watch with interest, meanwhile, with your traditional 6 points from us you should be safely up there this season?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Posh » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Maccawozzagod

Not sure if you've got this but here goes:

Top shareholders (as of today)

ERIC WHALLEY 5,291 ORDINARY B GBP 10.00
T N STYRING 1,697 ORDINARY B GBP 10.00
I T KHAN 1,422 ORDINARY B GBP 10.00

Directors (as of today)

Peter John Marsden
David O'Neill

As of May 2009 you owed £1,133,682, which had grown from pretty much nothing in 2006.

As of May 2009 the bank balance was -£659,012.

Given the situation has worsened since then I can only imagine that paying down £200K only covered tax liabilities and not the full debt.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 pm

P.S. Ilyas Khan also claims to own Accrington Stanley - as he says in this article from Sept 2009

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/ ... disability
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby maccawozzagod » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:40 pm

ha-ha the debts!!!!

as most people in lower league football know, EW used to do the accounts on the back of a fag packet, if we were lucky. When the tax situation arose it was generally regarded to have been an 'estimated' figure based on what the inland revenue assumed our turnover would have been. Apparently there aint much arguing unless you can prove otherwise. At the time of EW 'selling' his shares there weren't any loans outstanding to him - they just materialised. The accounts for 2008 were only lodged a few months ago as there was much wrangling to be done to try to prove, or disprove, the figure owed to Whalley. For the debts to grow to over a million from nothing was pretty much the tax debt, which had to show in there somewhere, plus what Whalley claims to be owed, plus the money that Khan has subsequently put in, which he is unlikely to claim back (but could) in cash as he wants to transfer it to equity (giving him a 66% share of the club). This, he has said, will be handed over to the fans. We know he is good to his word as the 12% he already owned has been donated to a fans trust. It won't be transferred yet officially yet though as the fans trust has yet to be set up - but it is under ownership of a separate fans group at the moment.

It is ridiculously more complicated than it ever needed to be and Eric Whalley has shattered any 'legend' status that he earned, and deserved, for overseeing our rise to the Football League from Unibond 1st division. He has next to no friends left at the club and O'Neil has gone right after him!

Incidentally, Coleman has said on Radio Lancs last night that he has a contract and it has gone to his legal folk to be checked over ready to be signed. Good news at last!
maccawozzagod

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Coley signed a five year deal according to The Football League Show.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Keith wrote:Coley signed a five year deal according to The Football League Show.

He hasn't signed it yet?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... _/?ref=rss
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion