Mark Duffy

Re: Mark Duffy

Postby shrimper » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:55 pm

I said last season a few times that I thought he was one of only a couple of players we have who looks like causing defences problems regularly. I also said he was the only player of the squad that finished last season that I could see improving significantly this season.
Coincidentally I found the criticism he got at Bradford last year to be most typical of the, in my opinion, blinkered views some people had of him. He got absolutely slated by many yet, as I saw it, was just about the only one who tried to beat his man and cause problems.

It's not always going to come off for him but at least he gives it a go and is positive - I'm really chuffed for him that he's being much more effective now he's found his feet at this level.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:11 pm

a lot of Shrewsbury fans are praising Mark on their website.

its time to talk about a new contract.

He could turn out to be a better player than Carl Baker.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:a lot of Shrewsbury fans are praising Mark on their website.

its time to talk about a new contract.

He ould turn out as a better player than Carl Baker.

yep get him signed up!

to be right about it the level he as been playing at in recent weeks is of L1 standard
George Dawes

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Another great display by Duffy, deserved man of the match. It was a shame that he missed the penalty (is that 3 spot kick misses is a row now for duffs?), but encouraging to see that this didn't knock his confidence. Needs signing up for another 2 seasons asap!
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Contract talks need to commence ASAP we don't want another player getting away on a free transfer.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:02 am

Christies Child wrote:I have and will continue to be critical of MD BUT credit where it's due. Sounds as though he had a stormer today. If he played like that week in and week out, who knows where he could eventually be....and then I'd have no reason to be a critical old fart!

One very happy 'old fart'.....Duffy was superb!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion