Half time draw

Half time draw

Postby alwaysright » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:54 pm

I see the ex Leeds chairman had the winning number but decided not to bother so the second numbers drawn had a go, now its bloody strange but im sure that every 1 of the winning numbers so far this season has come from the main stand, is it just a coincidence ?????
alwaysright

Re: Half time draw

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:57 pm

no, never has been, at christie park the girl who used to sell them always used to tell us in advance that an unsold ticket had won :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:31 pm

alwaysright wrote:I see the ex Leeds chairman had the winning number but decided not to bother so the second numbers drawn had a go, now its bloody strange but im sure that every 1 of the winning numbers so far this season has come from the main stand, is it just a coincidence ?????

confused, was he not also at the last game????

If so makes you wonder what really is happening behind the scenes?
thegentlegiant

Postby outsider » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:37 pm

He is trying to learn how to run a club successfully
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby bill ding » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Noticed the same thing , so i have stopped buying half time tickets. :( :evil:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Hope the leeds guy does not get involved with our club, we could end up in the championship :shock:
mrpotatohead

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:57 pm

well i was talking to a fellow leeds fan and he knows him and apparently he is looking into buying a new club? anyone else heard this?
thegentlegiant

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:01 pm

NO, Its a total secret, shush :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby SPARKYM » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:well i was talking to a fellow leeds fan and he knows him and apparently he is looking into buying a new club? anyone else heard this?

He,s living the dream free drinks , food and treated like he is somebody
SPARKYM

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:28 pm

i was stood next to a nice couple who was over for the day from Barnsley and fancied seeing the new ground and i joked to them about the half time tickets before the game saying it's always somebody in the main stand what wins it.. then at half time they said your not joking :shock:

and i also consequently had a decent conversation about Peter Ridsdale with them as run them for a short while after his spell at Leeds United and to be honest they had mixed opinions about him :|

and so far this season in the North stand i have stood next to and met Burnley/Barrow/Barnet fans and now Barnsley :P
George Dawes

Postby redbull » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:13 pm

HEARD A RUMOUR TODAY HE WANTS A 50% SHARE IN THE CLUB.
ADVANTAGES R ,A X CHAIRMAN WITH 2 BIG CLUBS ON HIS CV
DIS ADVANTAGE THEY BOTH GONE TITS FACED AND NEARLY WENT IN TO ADMIN...
redbull

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:28 pm

It is not just won from people in the Main stand, it is won from sponsors, people in the boxes, men in suits.

Also, why buy a ticket and not go forward? Surely we didn't fix it for him to win to make him like us :lol:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Cant believe any Barnsley fans had mixed feelings re the Rid

Postby Arnside Red » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:06 pm

nearly cost us our club, one of the most hated living persons in the towns hstory (behind Thatcher) to be perfectly honest if PR ever got involved in Morecambe i would stop going, the man is a liability, he is interested in 1 thing and 1 thing only and that is himself, he's been involved in 3 clubs and all have nearly gone bust, also wasnt he involved with Burtons when they had huge problems, if PR got involved with MFC then we would be in a different league alright, Conference at the best
Arnside Red

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:30 pm

DawZi wrote:and so far this season in the North stand i have stood next to and met Burnley/Barrow/Barnet fans and now Barnsley :P

And I was chatting today to a BUXTON fan !!! Another "B" team !! I was telling how much I used to love going to The Silverlands back in our NPL days and I also enquired if they still sold them wonderful burgers they used to have !!

Anyway, I passed comment on here the other week about the half time draw winners always coming from the Main Stand, in particular from the Corporate / sponsors areas !!!
The match against Barnet the other week in the half time draw turned into Ken Parker's one man plug for Phone For Flowers in Torrisholme (yes, that's Phone For Flowers in Torrisholme)

:roll:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 pm

i would have gone in the north stand against Bury, but it was raining so i migrated to the main stand

am sure the amount they brought there would have been a handfull in there :)
George Dawes

Postby bill ding » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:17 am

Thats it now , no more half time draw tickets for me. Yet again it was one of the shirt and tie brigade with the winning ticket, may as well change the name to "Half time corporate draw." :evil:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:23 am

the 2nd wining ticket was 5959 i had 5958 and i was going to buy two :|
George Dawes

Postby bill ding » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:25 am

DawZi wrote:the 2nd wining ticket was 5959 i had 5958 and i was going to buy two :|

Bugger , one number off a pizza ;)
bill ding

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:35 am

bill ding wrote:
DawZi wrote:the 2nd wining ticket was 5959 i had 5958 and i was going to buy two :|

Bugger , one number off a pizza ;)

i think it was a £15 voucher at the club shop ? could have got a pair of MFC shorts for me holiday :(
George Dawes

Postby shrimper » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:06 pm

bill ding wrote:Thats it now , no more half time draw tickets for me. Yet again it was one of the shirt and tie brigade with the winning ticket, may as well change the name to "Half time corporate draw." :evil:

I know what you mean about the direction the winners usually seem to come from. But, to be fair, this week's winner is a regular fan - home and away (even at Macc in the JPT) who just happened to be with a group of mates who had booked a table in the W&L on Saturday.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion