06 Stanley
07 Rundle
16 Drummond
17 Fleming
18 Duffy
08 Hunter
21 Mullin
Substitutes
31 Walker, 15 McCready, 09 Shuker, 26 Capaldi, 29 Brown, 14 Spencer, 20 HendrieShrewsbury
01 Neal
02 Raven
03 Sadler
05 Sharps
18 O'Donnell
04 McAllister
07 Wright
08 McIntyre
16 Ainsworth
09 Harrold
10 Robinson
Substitutes
25 Smith, 22 Hooman, 11 Leslie, 12 Neal, 17 Van den Broek, 20 Disley, 34 BradshawRef: Foster

well deserved win,should have been a lot more,very happy :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Morecambe 1 Shrewsbury 0

Postby parkyboy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Sounded like we were playing against ref and 4th official as well as shrewsbury
parkyboy

Postby WULLY BULLY » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Excellent team performance and every player played their part.
Hard to pick a man of the match!
WULLY BULLY

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Duffy got MoM he played well

but! for me Bentley was MoM i was watching from the sidelines in the north stand he is a pleasure to watch as a leader

and i will say that it is no coincidence that MFC have now two wins on the trot, we now have that old team spirit back i honestly dread the day when Jimbo hangs his boots up!
Last edited by George Dawes on Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:33 pm

So much better. Parrish a future captain in the making. Thank God we're playing some football again.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby WULLY BULLY » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:38 pm

What was up with Sammy? I saw all the todo but what started it?
WULLY BULLY

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:39 pm

We were brilliant! Could have had 3 goals. Shrews keeper made some good saves and thats the only reason we never had more. If i could have given man of the match to the whole team, i would, everyone was supreme.

Robinson and Wright both looked brilliant but Ainsworth and Harrard werent to great today which was a good thing :lol:

Only one niggle and that was when we went 1-0 up we sat back, and they looked like they would score, thats the only thing that Sammy needs to stop doing.

WELL DONE LADS! :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:39 pm

WULLY BULLY wrote:What was up with Sammy? I saw all the todo but what started it?

He backheeled the ball back onto the pitch... :o
I know, its pathetic...
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

I know, its pathetic...

Not quite. He backheeled the ball before it crossed the touchline.

Then Turner made strenuous efforts to wind him up.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Good performance and good result. Stanners took his goal well, Jimbo unlucky when he hit the bar.

Duffer missed the pen but had an outstanding game otherwise. So did many others.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Welshrimp wrote:
I know, its pathetic...

Not quite. He backheeled the ball before it crossed the touchline.

Then Turner made strenuous efforts to wind him up.

Still pathetic, and even worse on their managers part.
It was going anyway!

At least we won ;)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
WULLY BULLY wrote:What was up with Sammy? I saw all the todo but what started it?

I know, its pathetic...

He was in wrong, he backheeled it before it went off but it is such a petty thing to be told off about, and a drop ball? the ball was going out, just give a bloofy throw ref.

As for the game, great game and a great performance. There was great desire shown from everyone.

Roche - 6 A mere spectator throughout
Hunter - 8 Came into the game, fairly poor defensively except for a fantastic last ditch tackle but as a wing back coming forward was very dangerous
Parrish - 8 Really up for it, was winning headers all over the shop, a really admirable performance
Bentley - 7 Worked really well with Parrish and looking like he's getting back to his commanding best
Wilson - 8 Attacked really well and defended really well. This guy is such a good player for us
Duffy - 8 Again incredibly dangerous, but Sammy, dont ever let him take another penalty, thats 0 out of 3 in a Morecambe shirt I think
Stanley - 8 Terrifying coming into the box, on the 2 occasions he did, on which he scored and won a penalty. Needs to do it much much more
Drummond - 7 Passing perhaps a bit wayward and a bit of a spectator in the 2nd half.
Fleming - 8 Really put a good shift in, gave his all and looked good going forward
Rundle - 7 He's got the beating of most defenders, just didnt see all that much of the ball and had to go looking for it
Mullin - 7 A couple of nice flicks here and there, but most of the threat came from the midfield which was the best its been since Coventry.

Hard to fault anyone today on a great team performance
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:00 pm

He didnt get sent off to what he did with the ball, more like reacting to whatever Turner was saying, clearly trying to get him sent to the stands.

Great 2nd half display, thought Parrish had a superb game at the back, aswell as Jimbo. Stanley was energetic as always and Duffy showed some good touches again.

Decent crowd of 3200 aswell, 'quid a kid' seemed to be succesfull.
Crooky MFC

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Parrish - 8 Really up for it, was winning headers all over the shop, a really admirable performance

Without doubt a future captain. Top performance today. Sir Stewart of Drummond deserves praise for a box to box performance today. As I said before so much better.
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Very good performance today and a first league win at the Globe! :D
Parrish did have a very good game but there are 3 or 4 player who could have got MOTM.
heysham_mfc

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Great team perfromance. Duffy had a great game minus the pen. He must never take pens again! The other downer was Mullin missing a couple of sitters. Thought Stanners looked really dangerous going forward. GREAT WIN :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby Morectalk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Parrish MOM for me - immense up against Harrold.
Morectalk

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:21 pm

We fully deserved the 3 points today, it was a fantastic performance. I was really impressed with Parrish today and Duffy (as per recently). I also thought second half when Stanley and Fleming both started pushing forward more they performed exceptionally. We could have won by a few more with a bit more luck - Mullin missed a couple of sitters first half and obviously the penalty miss was unfortunate too.

Don't know what happened between Sammy and Turner but it was great seeing Sammy run down the PMcG Stand when we scored to celebrate :D
Morecambe Jack

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:23 pm

What a great day out! Over the moon with the result that was fully deserved given the chances created
To a man the whole team looked up for it but special mentions for Jimbo who was immense along with his able apprentice Master Parrish and Duffy yet again winning all the plaudits for another outstanding performance

Very happy tonight and rightly so! Our seasons started at long last :D
HALMA 1983

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:So much better. Parrish a future captain in the making. Thank God we're playing some football again.

So your glad that Sammy didn't take his P45. ;)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:So much better. Parrish a future captain in the making. Thank God we're playing some football again.

It worked last season and looks like its working again ;)
On a machine like this
Old Man Kensey

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:

It worked last season and looks like its working again ;)

:lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Why did you fans get on the boss back for .

I said so many times like please remember where Sammy Mac got Morecambe .

And I watch the game in the Pete Mcguigan stand in Block E on the back row with my new Morecambe top i brought at 13:00 today .

And I know I get stick on here oh well.

I said we will come 3RD still on this do we turn into a top now because of Screwsbury failure today I do not think so.

I love Fleming style of play and Mullin style wondering what Jevons on the sub thinking when he was warming up when he will next game for Morecambe.

I would keep the same team I looks at our next 4 home games and do believe with the recent run of two game 1 win 1 draw two clean sheet.
We can gain at least 3 win out of 4 of those games and we already won two away games .

1st - Wycombe
2ND - Port Vale
3rd - Morecambe

Relegation Barnet and Stevenage small squad this team has I know other Morecambe fans do not think that could happen

Who ever was wondering Sammy sacked omg I was hearing the fans when Sammy was making a change saying he is doing this sub wrong and should see out the game I was thinking this was so funny. happened on the 93th minute.

In some fans eyes Sammy will never make them happy why oh why
essex_shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:37 pm

A well deserved win today, i must admit after Duffys penalty was saved and Jimbo hit the bar as well as several other good chances it looked as if we were not going to get the break in front of goal that our play deserved.

First half i thought we were a bit tentative with the midfield sitting a bit deep but after the break it was much better with both Stanley and Fleming getting into the box.

We are starting to play with a passion and desire that was missing at the start of the season, if we continue in this vein then we should start to climb the table, well done lads.
steve mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:39 pm

A well desreved win, but that tit of a Shrews Manager suggests that there is some history between Sammy and him. Why did he get involved?

My apology to those aroung me but it really annoyed me and I let my feelings get the better of me.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion