Away Fans

Away Fans

Postby scooter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Do they mainly still go to the York, or is there somewhere else ?

If we walk from the York, is there a chip shop or another decent pub on route ?
scooter

Re: Away Fans

Postby Loyalsupporter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:04 pm

The quickest walking route from the York takes about 20 - 30 minutes (I live near by and it takes me 20 mins)

there is the Trimpell not sure if it is members only or not, then your next bar is in the away stand, there are no chippy,s enroute

food at the York is good though, have a word with Mick, he may even do a fish and chips take out

if it is raining and you don't fancy walking from the York, there is a special bus service running and it takes you from the pub to the ground, I beleive it is only a pound each way.
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby scooter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:The quickest walking route from the York takes about 20 - 30 minutes (I live near by and it takes me 20 mins)

there is the Trimpell not sure if it is members only or not, then your next bar is in the away stand, there are no chippy,s enroute

food at the York is good though, have a word with Mick, he may even do a fish and chips take out

if it is raining and you don't fancy walking from the York, there is a special bus service running and it takes you from the pub to the ground, I beleive it is only a pound each way.

We were told it was a 12 minute walk :o

Seems like it is the York and their bus then - see you saturday
scooter

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:56 pm

if it helps theres a chippy on Westgate just a couple of minutes walk from the ground sadly it's not a patch on the old one :( There is however a Gregs on the same site :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby glagys » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:52 am

if it helps theres a chippy on Westgate just a couple of minutes walk from the ground sadly it's not a patch on the old one

do you mean the one by the william mitchell ???
think it's Curwens but not sure,,

never tried it but i heard they were very good
:? :?
glagys

Postby sgt major » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I don't know how slow LoyalSupporter is walking but I'm 52 and made it in 12 mins to the ground with a Gillingham fan.

Yes the bus will be running this Saturday and there is food available. Apparently there is a heatwave this weekend 8-) Nice to sit out in the beer patio then!
sgt major

Postby Loyalsupporter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:01 pm

sgt major wrote:I don't know how slow LoyalSupporter is walking but I'm 52 and made it in 12 mins to the ground with a Gillingham fan.

Yes the bus will be running this Saturday and there is food available. Apparently there is a heatwave this weekend 8-) Nice to sit out in the beer patio then!

Bloody hell, your only 52, thought you were much older than my old man...

you must be a very fast walker for your age, I'm 24 yr younger and I considered myself to be fairly quick, I walk from the primary school near TLC and it takes me 20 minutes.

anyhow, when you gonna start doing fish n chips to take away
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:43 pm

glagys wrote:
if it helps theres a chippy on Westgate just a couple of minutes walk from the ground sadly it's not a patch on the old one

do you mean the one by the william mitchell ???
think it's Curwens but not sure,,

never tried it but i heard they were very good
:? :?

Yeah thats the one not sure what is is called though.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion