O-T Crawley Town

O-T Crawley Town

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:00 am

Wow only 1500 fans going to watch this team when this team spend the cash that could gain them a promotion ie winning league playoffs .
With the cash the team spent this team could gain back 2 back promotion.

If Morecambe were top of League 2 I would never imagine a attendance of 1500 even top of the conference wow shame on you Crawley Town

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A75008252

I do think Grimsby I said will win conference and play offs come on Fleetwood beat Crawley Town in playoff Semis of the final 8-) 8-)
essex_shrimp

Re: O-T Crawley Town

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:06 am

There was something in the Non League Paper last Sunday about the 2 owners of Crawley giving Evans (wait for it) a million pounds to spend in January's Transfer Window.

I (for one) hope that they don't succeed in their quest to buy promotion.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:19 am

Really seaside i think Money does not matter look at the state of Man City and then look at newly promoted Fleetwood I really hope Fleetwood can gain a playoff spot I hear that Vieira Curtis strike partner is very good so no doubt he got already 8 goals in 8 games wiki says.
And I think with the success is excellent.

I do think currently if the owner says 1million pounds wow come on I am a Charlton fan and we dont have that cash we only got 100,000 in the January transfer window.

Crawley keep the million ££ and use the squad you got it . If it does not work then Crawley boss will be gone and then those fans can do what Liverpool do blame the manager and not the old idiot boss Rafe when he had like a 40 man squad and wasted 300million on players

I will go Luton 1 Crawley 0 tonight :oops:
essex_shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 am

essex_shrimp wrote:Really seaside i think Money does not matter look at the state of Man City and then look at newly promoted Fleetwood I really hope Fleetwood can gain a playoff spot I hear that Vieira Curtis strike partner is very good so no doubt he got already 8 goals in 8 games wiki says.
And I think with the success is excellent.

I do think currently if the owner says 1million pounds wow come on I am a Charlton fan and we dont have that cash we only got 100,000 in the January transfer window.

Crawley keep the million ££ and use the squad you got it . If it does not work then Crawley boss will be gone and then those fans can do what Liverpool do blame the manager and not the old idiot boss Rafe when he had like a 40 man squad and wasted 300million on players

I will go Luton 1 Crawley 0 tonight :oops:

Fleetwood's owner is prepared to put whatever money into the club to achieve League Football. He's already paying higher wages than many League clubs hence why Ian Craney decided to go there along with a good few other Accy ex players, and who can blame them. However there is a chance that he could take over at Blackpool.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Quote: "it's not how we work the system at Crawley Town."

Errr, how do you work it then chucking your ££££££ around ??!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 061783.stm
Seasider9601

Postby halftimeresults » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:16 pm

can anyone remember in the early 90s meeting up with Crawley fans at certain away games?
It was something to do with our grounds not being up to Conference standards and we sort of became twinned with them.
halftimeresults

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:27 pm

halftimeresults wrote:can anyone remember in the early 90s meeting up with Crawley fans at certain away games?
It was something to do with our grounds not being up to Conference standards and we sort of became twinned with them.

We had Crawley Town players in our end at Wembley :!: :!:
morecambe mick

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:36 pm

halftimeresults wrote:can anyone remember in the early 90s meeting up with Crawley fans at certain away games?

I remember one game vividly Hodgie. 1993/94 season away at Hyde United on that crappy plastic pitch they had and we won 3-2 and we played in that wonderful all white Asics away strip !

Think there were about 5 lads from Crawley came up to that one in total.
Seasider9601

Postby Posh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:

I remember one game vividly Hodgie. 1993/94 season away at Hyde United on that crappy plastic pitch they had and we won 3-2 and we played in that wonderful all white Asics away strip !

Think there were about 5 lads from Crawley came up to that one in total.

Also away at Kingstonian when we won 6-1 in 2000? About 15 of them came up and told us the whole story in the bar, none of which I can remember.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ockers » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Also away at Kingstonian when we won 6-1 in 2000? About 15 of them came up and told us the whole story in the bar, none of which I can remember.[/quote]

that because you were singing arias in the cow shed

jimmy glass in goal for kingstonian carlisle paul having a chat with him i seem to remember
the drinking started early in the bar too
think they got relegated that season too
happy days

the crawley piece i have a copy of team talk from 1994 with a pic of the fans in it must dig it out
ockers

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:01 pm

ockers wrote:the crawley piece i have a copy of team talk from 1994 with a pic of the fans in it must dig it out

I remember that article Sean. Think the pic had Kipps and Simon Attwood on it.

What's happened to Si and him following Morecambe FC? Anyone know? Not seen him at a match for yonks.
Seasider9601

Postby Posh » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:What's happened to Si and him following Morecambe FC? Anyone know? Not seen him at a match for yonks.

Gone back to his first love and where he's now a season ticket holder...

...Bradford City
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ockers » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
ockers wrote:the crawley piece i have a copy of team talk from 1994 with a pic of the fans in it must dig it out

I remember that article Sean. Think the pic had Kipps and Simon Attwood on it.

What's happened to Si and him following Morecambe FC? Anyone know? Not seen him at a match for yonks.

yes kips and si on that photo its at my mums ill dig it out next time im round martin
got a fantastic rant from si after saturdays game
hes no fan of peter taylor
ockers

Postby shrimper » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:13 pm

And we met a few of thiem in a pub in Matlock once when we were playing there and they were at Buxton or somewhere.

As for the current set-up (and at Fleetwood) all I'll say is their fans really should enjoy it whle they can as both their sugar-daddies could easily disappear as fast as they came and leave the clubs to plummet without trace, with a string of debts.

Great while it lasts but I much prefer our board's step-by-step approach.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Freez » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:39 pm

It was a pub in Ashbourne where we met up with them Shrimper, but we were playing Buxton. Five of us 48 (coach load) of them.
Managed to get a rise out of Si on Saturday night, not a happy camper!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:04 pm

I'll get my anorak.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:46 pm

If anyone is interested there a live Conference game on tonight found a stream for it
http://www.atdhe.net/25402/watch-forest ... imsby-town
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion