Darren Moss

Darren Moss

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:57 pm

looks like he is about to sign for Wrexham ;)
halftimeresults

Re: D Moss

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Where's that news come from mate ??!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Wrexham message board. redpassion
halftimeresults

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Where's that news come from mate ??!!!

told to go sometime ago (if he didnt like it here) ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:28 pm

wonder if he'll be part of the Fleming deal? Straight swap would be fair! 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Keith wrote:wonder if he'll be part of the Fleming deal? Straight swap would be fair! 8-)

Fleming not sign for us perm?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:49 pm

MfcChris wrote:
Keith wrote:wonder if he'll be part of the Fleming deal? Straight swap would be fair! 8-)

Fleming not sign for us perm?

Yeah but we've not paid for him yet, going to tribunal.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby MorecambeMickey » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Do you answer to the name Perm often Keith?
MorecambeMickey

Postby nobbyshrimp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Is training with Wrexham and not us.
nobbyshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:50 pm

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrex ... -moss.html

"forgive me for bieng cynical but morcombe pull out of fleming tribunal and hey presto a couple of days later they release one of thier players to come and join us?? anyone else think its a bit fishy! bit of swapsy going on here i think, they are trying to wriggle out of paying us any money for fleming"
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Darren Moss

Postby Posh » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Looks like its confirmed what was rumoured that he's had his contract paid up and has now left the Globe (sounds very final - moved on to Venus).

If he has, and will it be confirmed, then its been a pretty tragic story all round. We had Yatesy, now first choice at league leaders Port Vale, asking for more money and pressuring for a contract allegedly with threats about moving elsewhere and we didn't like his 'attitude'. Like Dave Artell he's now living closer to home, happy and doing well.

We then get turned down by two other right backs we'd targeted which left us without one. We then snap up Darren Moss when Shrewsbury offer him poorer terms, seemingly only on his reputation rather evidence. Shrews fans say what a great servant but not the player he was. They also say no pace and doesn't / can't get forward. So we bring him in and play him as a wing back for the first few games in a formation he's never played in, and surprise, surprise he struggles.

He comes back in when injuries hit and is never more than OK in a flat four at both right and left back. He scores goal of the season at home to Daggers and is in a side that's on a good run so his resurrection seemingly begins - but on what basis? So in the summer we don't bring in a right back only cover and no surprise again when he bombs in the first few games. Against Gillingham, if it was a boxing match, the towel would have been chucked in after about 30 minutes. Against Burnley he was livid to be coming off and showed in his attitude just how bad things were between him and the management.

For me the circumstances of his signing, his management while here and the impact on the right back role have been woeful. We've gone backwards in that department save for the emergence of Andy Parrish, who might not have come through if Mossy hadn't been so abject early on.

I'm glad he's gone and we can move on. Hopefully we'll spend some time looking for an up and coming right back and bring them in at the Jan transfer window. In the meantime Andy and Garry Hunter will no doubt give their all.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:08 pm

marky No.1 wrote:http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/61694-darren-moss.html

Just read the thread...

Has been suggested on the shrimps forum it could be a deal that has something to do the feming tribunal.We surely not that stupid are we ?

All of a sudden this...

...becomes a strong [repeated] rumour??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 pm

If he has, and will it be confirmed, then its been a pretty tragic story all round. We had Yatesy, now first choice at league leaders Port Vale, asking for more money and pressuring for a contract allegedly with threats about moving elsewhere and we didn't like his 'attitude'. Like Dave Artell he's now living closer to home, happy and doing well.

Spot on assesment Posh.

The Artell and Yates thing still gets to me as we have given McCready a two year dear like what Artell wanted and he is the same age and with Yates I think he deserved an extra few quid as he was one of our best players and what we have wasted paying moss up etc it prob would have been a cheaper option in the long run.

Sammy has let two very good players go there and I don't really understand why as I can't see it been that big a saving on the wage bill.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Morectalk » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:07 pm

I liked the look of Moss when he first came, but he just tailed off badly for some reason. Shame as he did seem a good signing, but things don't always work out as expected. I agree that he never should have been played as a wing-back, poor lad was knackered by half-time !!
Morectalk

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:17 pm

When he signed everybody was saying what a good singning it was and how he would be a great player for Morecambe but it's not worked out for him.
heysham_mfc

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:18 pm

I was wondering with Morecambe having those injuries troubles IE from the Barnet game and got worse on the Bury game.

Only wondering was Darren Moss attitdude so negative Sammy would not even consider giving him a shot on the bench for the Bradford game.

Still his replacement Hunter had a good game vs Bradford.

And his first game I think is vs Fleetwood this and go on Wayne Curtis you'll know if Darren Moss is starting he be fine in the first half but half dead in second half.

Go on Wayne dive on a tackle from Darren moss i tip Curtis first goal tonight

Just looked on tonights fixtures and decided to put a pot of Darren Moss
essex_shrimp

Postby Ntini » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:I was wondering with Morecambe having those injuries troubles IE from the Barnet game and got worse on the Bury game.

Only wondering was Darren Moss attitdude so negative Sammy would not even consider giving him a shot on the bench for the Bradford game.

Still his replacement Hunter had a good game vs Bradford.

And his first game I think is vs Fleetwood this and go on Wayne Curtis you'll know if Darren Moss is starting he be fine in the first half but half dead in second half.

Go on Wayne dive on a tackle from Darren moss i tip Curtis first goal tonight

Just looked on tonights fixtures and decided to put a pot of Darren Moss

Wow...
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:22 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Just looked on tonights fixtures and decided to put a pot of Darren Moss

WTF ??????????????? :?:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:36 pm

I mean put a bet on Darren Moss getting sent off vs Fleet wood.

Still he was a idiot with Morecambe by sulking because he is not playing

Sorry should of used my spell checker :?
essex_shrimp

Postby Ntini » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:38 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Sorry should of used my spell checker :?

Unfortunately spellcheckers do just that - check your spelling... not that you've used the correct words!!! Priceless! :lol:
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby essex_shrimp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Come on I was thinking two ideas on what to type but did not read the last sentence before sending this.

And I would love now I sent like 150-200 messages first ever bad news on my messages I spoke on here .

This is good only one so far will be messaging less and less from now because it is interesting due new job I got lined up and new place.

Morecambe 1 - 0 Screws bury 0 I am going in dream world mom Jim Bentley
essex_shrimp

Return to General Discussion