BBC coverage of Bradford game.

BBC coverage of Bradford game.

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:32 pm

"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: BBC coverage of Bradford game.

Postby MfcChris » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Some good interviews on our official site. However disappointed to hear Sammy say some fans don't want him here. I hope they are proud of themselves.

Also the interviewer kept saying to Duffy and Mullin our last clean sheet was Gillingham. I am sure that was 1-1.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Gnasher » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Some fans didn't want him here in the first place. That sort of attitude goes with the territory, he should just ignore it and get on with his job.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:25 pm

MfcChris wrote:Some good interviews on our official site. However disappointed to hear Sammy say some fans don't want him here. I hope they are proud of themselves.

Also the interviewer kept saying to Duffy and Mullin our last clean sheet was Gillingham. I am sure that was 1-1.

Sammy has to ignore the minority that think like that.

Some Man Utd fans dont like Fergy, Some Arsenal fans dont like Wenger. You cant please al the people all the time.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimps104 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Ah - that's my fault - of course the last clean sheet prior was Rotherham! I even referred to that in the commentary! Schoolboy error by myself! My apologies!
shrimps104

Postby mfcbro » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:56 am

When the going gets tough he has a go at a few fans who want him out.Good job he isnt bradford manager they all want him out.I am afraid he has to learn to take the rough with the smooth.
mfcbro

Postby wijit » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:34 am

I don't have player so I don't know if Sammy brought this up of his own accord or if he was led into it. But it is a pretty bad show to bring up the fans in this context anyway, he should only be talking about the game, team or positive support. It is highly unproffessional to either mention poor support or to give the people who don't want him any airtime.
A lot of our supporters would, if we could transfer fans, be bought by lots of clubs for the support they give, even if it isn't in massive numbers. I like to think we have quality rather than quantity.
wijit

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Quote adapted from Abraham Lincoln:

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time.

I think Sammy should bear that in mind. There are always going to be morons in the background that question his judgement, but basically don't want him here (most don't actually go to games, hence blancmanges). Truth be told, we've never had it so good on or off the field. Sammy is a part of that, and were it not for him then who knows where we might be?
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion