Bradford stewards??

Bradford stewards??

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:44 am

Could someone tell me what this thing about the Bradford stewards was please :) !?
Little Shrimp

Re: Bradford stewards??

Postby Opinionated » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:15 am

For those who weren't at the match:

After about 30 minutes the stewards decided to make us sit down. Standing up was not causing a problem but nevertheless the stewards felt they needed to take action. Having sat down we started chanting "stand up if you love Morecambe" which annoyed the stewards. This went on until half time. At which point I assumed the stewards would give up as they weren't making any progress, however I was wrong. In the second half they continued to try and make us sit down. They kept coming up then going back down for a team meeting but ultimately they weren't having any success. After 70 minutes, yes that's right with only 20 minutes to go they decided they wanted the drum. Baring in mind Bradford had a drum and that drums were allowed inside Valley Parade we weren't happy. When they reached for the drum our supporters moved the drum across so it was out of the reach of the stewards. A bald headed steward made an attempt to get to the drum but one of our fans rightfully stood up to him and didn't let him past. Therefore it became clear very quickly that the stewards were going to be unsuccessful in getting the drum. However, the major incident occurred when the young Asian steward used force to get past some of our fans. However as with previous incidents other fans stood up to him and this was when a melee broke out. It was little more than pushing with no punches being thrown. The steward in question deserved a punch but our fans resisted the temptation. The steward was taken away as was one of our fans who did very little wrong.

Overall - Our fans were very well behaved under difficult conditions. The steward who was thrown out was in the wrong but the rules that are put in place along with his team members contributed to the situation. The steward may get sacked but this incident will occur again unless the rules are changed. It was clear the man in the suit with the clip board was instructing them to do something so it looks like he has been doing his job. This was completely unnecessary, our fans were standing, chanting and hitting the drum, typical behaviour of a travelling support, not causing any trouble.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby outsider » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:27 am

After 70 minutes, yes that's right with only 20 minutes to go they decided they wanted the drum. Baring in mind Bradford had a drum and that drums were allowed inside Valley Parade we weren't happy. When they reached for the drum our supporters moved the drum across so it was out of the reach of the stewards.

The reason they wanted the drum was that on entering the ground 2 of our fans had to sign a contract saying they were the drummers, When the drum was passed to other fans the contract was broken, this is when the stewards moved in. Health and Saftey gone mad but that was why they were after the drum, The way the stewards reacted was OTT
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:43 am

Opinionated wrote:The steward in question deserved a punch.

:o :o

In your opinionated opinion of course :lol: :lol:

One of us was determined to write notes in the supervisors clipboard. He disappeared with my pen and didn't get back for 20 minutes. Was watching my pen constantly in case it got thrown out :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:47 am

outsider wrote:
After 70 minutes, yes that's right with only 20 minutes to go they decided they wanted the drum. Baring in mind Bradford had a drum and that drums were allowed inside Valley Parade we weren't happy. When they reached for the drum our supporters moved the drum across so it was out of the reach of the stewards.

The reason they wanted the drum was that on entering the ground 2 of our fans had to sign a contract saying they were the drummers, When the drum was passed to other fans the contract was broken, this is when the stewards moved in. Health and Saftey gone mad but that was why they were after the drum, The way the stewards reacted was OTT

Some of the Bradford team signed a contract to play football for the club should they go too :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:16 am

Our lad that got thrown out deserved to get thrown out. He kept pushing through all our fans just to keep pushing the stewards and call them every name under the sun.

I believe he is only 15.
Sammy h

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:41 am

Sammy h wrote:Our lad that got thrown out deserved to get thrown out. He kept pushing through all our fans just to keep pushing the stewards and call them every name under the sun.

I believe he is only 15.

I was not pushing through any fans. I may have moved places during the game, but no where near did I do it to get to the stewards.
It is more a case of loosing temper, I am ashamed by what I did but to be fair the stewards did cause it by pushing and saying things which i'm not going to repeat on here.
Spicy Shrimp

Postby 1953 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Bottom line is:- By law you should not stand in a seated area of a football ground.
"If you love Morecambe" needs to be replaced by something that won't cause a problem!!!

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:12 pm

1953 wrote:Bottom line is:- By law you should not stand in a seated area of a football ground.
"If you love Morecambe" needs to be replaced by something that won't cause a problem!!!

This is true, but strange how it doesn't cause a problem in 99.9% of grounds around the country, including our own may I add.

Thanks must be given to Jody and Gemma for helping to diffuse the situation.

(In a way only attractive women could do. ;) )
morecambe mick

Postby parceldave » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:28 pm

1953 wrote:Bottom line is:- By law you should not stand in a seated area of a football ground.

It doesn't cause a problem anywhere else, its a bit of harmless fun that almost everybody in our stand joined in with , but was disrupted by some over zealous stewards who had nothing else to do. If those barstewards had stayed where they were then no harm would have been done Sorry your Worship but you cant have 1 law for 1 set of fans and not the other. I rest my case. ;)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:07 pm

This is what we had to put up with looking up at us throughout the game
bradford2010stewards.JPG

Meanwhile hardly one to be seen across the way
bradford2010dallasstand.JPG

There were the usual empty seats tho' :lol:
bradford2010carlsbergstand.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Spicy Shrimp wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Our lad that got thrown out deserved to get thrown out. He kept pushing through all our fans just to keep pushing the stewards and call them every name under the sun.

I believe he is only 15.

I was not pushing through any fans. I may have moved places during the game, but no where near did I do it to get to the stewards.
It is more a case of loosing temper, I am ashamed by what I did but to be fair the stewards did cause it by pushing and saying things which i'm not going to repeat on here.

You kept barging past and trying to push the stewards, you did this several times.
Sammy h

Postby MfcChris » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Opinionated wrote:The steward in question deserved a punch but our fans resisted the temptation. The steward was taken away as was one of our fans who did very little wrong.

Wrong. They MFC fan that got thrown out was thrown out for punching the steward in the ribs as he was nearly out of the action. Not hard but still a punch. Get your facts right.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Opinionated » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:54 pm

MfcChris wrote:
Opinionated wrote:The steward in question deserved a punch but our fans resisted the temptation. The steward was taken away as was one of our fans who did very little wrong.

Wrong. They MFC fan that got thrown out was thrown out for punching the steward in the ribs as he was nearly out of the action. Not hard but still a punch. Get your facts right.

Your the only person who claims to have seen this punch
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby MfcChris » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Opinionated wrote:
MfcChris wrote:

Indeed I did see it and because you didn't that means it did not happen. Anyway I see in another thread the lad has already admitted he was wrong to do it.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:07 pm

Opinionated wrote:
MfcChris wrote:

I didn't see this punch, but saw lots of pushing and needless language coming out of the boys mouth.

Bottom line - He deserved to get thrown out.
Sammy h

Postby halfwayprawn » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:30 pm

The man with the clipboard was not writing anything down. This thought had also crossed my mind ,so i borrowed a pen from one of our supporters, and went down to ask the guy with the clipboard that if it was possible could i make a comment on what had gone on.He informed me that he was from 'the globe' and that he was an independant observer and that he goes to other grounds as well. He said i had made the assumption that he was writing things down and i said that is also what other Morecambe fans were also thinking, and it was making the situation worse.
halfwayprawn

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:36 pm

I hope he paid his £20 like everyone else ;)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Blackburn shrimp wrote:I hope he paid his £20 like everyone else ;)

You paid £20 :?:

Clearly you either didn't go, or someone else paid for you.
morecambe mick

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Not sure what you mean Mick i paid £20 to gain entry yesterday so how much did your good self pay :?:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Morectalk » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Looking at that picture of the stewards, the one at the back was the complete tosser. Smug looking Tyke jobsworth - not the sharpest knife in the drawer either. :D
Morectalk

Postby Muzzer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:15 pm

outsider wrote:

Considering bradford must be the only club i have been to see where you have to sign a form to get a drum in, it must be wrong to allow two 15 year olds to sign a form saying they are held responsible for it.

to say that if he doesnt hand over the drum himself, that he would be thrown out of the ground is pathetic! i would like to see what this 'contract' said, because if the stewards had a problem with somebody else playing it, why didnt they just say 'only these two can play the drum' without causing such a scene?

I understand a rule that would mean two people are the only pair that are in charge of the drum, a daft rule, however because they took the drum in, does that make them professional drum players and if anyone else was caught by the police playing the drum other than the two who signed the paper there would be a huge fine set in place? im pretty sure there wouldnt :roll:

another thing they threatend that the police would come and 'take it by force' if we never handed it over, where i saw no police come up, so that again is false information/a threat!

Overall, the stewards were a mess, out of order and caused trouble themselves
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby Morectalk » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:12 pm

:idea: We should all turn up with some form of drum next time we play there. 8-)

Then again, that could be a while off if Bradford keep playing so bad - league 5 looms !!! :lol:
Morectalk

Return to General Discussion