GLOBE V CHRISTIE PARK POLL

Re: GLOBE V CHRISTIE PARK POLL

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:08 am

I believe that every effort has been made to give disabled fans a great choice of viewpoint at the globe, one thing that they have got right, hats off to them.

I do not think making the home end very slightly larger by reducing the disabled bays will serve any purpose, the home end will rarely be full anyway :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:02 am

Keith wrote:
DawZi wrote:and maybe look at a purpose built disabled paddock with all the facilities in the north stand

That sounds like relocating wheelchair users and segregating them! Firstly, wheelchair users should be offered choice of where to watch from. Secondly, there were many spaces for wheelchair users in the North Stand at Christie Park so wheelchair users could choose to watch from behind the goal if they wanted and finally, I don't believe that it is a solution to the problems anyway and would only offer any benefit for matches where the MBW is full.

and where have i said people in wheelchairs shouldn't be allowed to watch behind the goals?

the general feedback of the MBW stand is most people dont like it, so i have put in a valid points regarding utilizing the space to try and keep everyone happy

and please note! i dont even go in there and i have not been in there yet, i am just pointing out visibly only a handful off supporters in wheelchair's go in there!

and theres already a fair few on here who have migrated to the main stand because of one reason or another
George Dawes

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Christie Arena! Have to sit on the fence for this one (for now).

Actually think the MBW stand is pretty decent for an atmospere when there is only 2-3000 fans in the ground. Shame though we have lost the size and character of the North Stand. Was a bit like a Conference version of the Kop, having an oversized home end.

Sad that we are actually having this debate, and that it is so close to call. It wouldn't be even discussed by most clubs after moving.

DW Stadium or Springfield Park?! :lol:

A roof over the back of the MBW stand, less queues for food and a flash electronic scoreboard might just buy my vote for the Globe!
Wild Bill

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Christie Arena! Have to sit on the fence for this one (for now).

Actually think the MBW stand is pretty decent for an atmospere when there is only 2-3000 fans in the ground. Shame though we have lost the size and character of the North Stand. Was a bit like a Conference version of the Kop, having an oversized home end.

Sad that we are actually having this debate, and that it is so close to call. It wouldn't be even discussed by most clubs after moving.

DW Stadium or Springfield Park?! :lol:

A roof over the back of the MBW stand, less queues for food and a flash electronic scoreboard might just buy my vote for the Globe!

oh a new one! well here goes
DW Stadium ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:55 pm

christie park is now shading it.
mrpotatohead

Postby tommy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 am

As a Bury supporter I visited the Globe for the 1st time on Tuesday. Decent ground - good view from the terraces - plenty of knee room and seats well above the one in front. Great playing surface.
On the downside. The half bricks littering the approach aren't good. Didn't see any signs directing away supporters. Only one gate for away supporters for the terrace and queues at 5 past 7. Apparently some late comers missed the start because of the queues. I wasn't sure why there's a need for the guy on the turnstile to rip a ticket out of a book which obviously slowed the gate down.
Overall though good.
tommy

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:48 am

I'll go with the Globe.

I don't know what everything else thinks but one option could be to switch the home stand. It looks like the Away stand has a better view and to be honest it sounds louder than the MBW stand. If they sorted out death alley it might be an option? I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why it wouldn't work, what are people's thoughts? How many people does the away stand hold compared to the MBW stand?
jonnythedog

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 am

I think I remember correctly that it holds less, but then the MBW is rarely full enough to worry about and in fact, may have some financial advantages, such as when Burnley visited.

The problem if you were in that end regularly, is the setting sun shining right in your eyes.

Perhaps a game could be identified where the stand is closed to away fans, as it was for Barnet, but opened up to Morecambe fans, so that if people want to view from there they can?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 am

Keith wrote:I think I remember correctly that it holds less, but then the MBW is rarely full enough to worry about and in fact, may have some financial advantages, such as when Burnley visited.

The problem if you were in that end regularly, is the setting sun shining right in your eyes.

Perhaps a game could be identified where the stand is closed to away fans, as it was for Barnet, but opened up to Morecambe fans, so that if people want to view from there they can?

Just as they decided to do at Bradford. All away fans are forced into a seating stand. Sounds good to me.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Crazeenick » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:09 am

GLOBE for me :D

(although I loved Christie).
Crazeenick

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:51 pm

jonnythedog wrote:I'll go with the Globe.

I don't know what everything else thinks but one option could be to switch the home stand. It looks like the Away stand has a better view and to be honest it sounds louder than the MBW stand. If they sorted out death alley it might be an option? I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why it wouldn't work, what are people's thoughts? How many people does the away stand hold compared to the MBW stand?

The main arguement against the Globe is the size and facilities in the MBW Stand. Why would it therefore better to move the home fans to the smaller away end?
Wild Bill

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:22 pm

I'm split on the subject, YES the Globe is all shiny and new and has some better facilities but I still miss that wonderful North Stand because it was far superior to the MBW and that includes the catering.
Now had we gotten something on the lines of Chesterfields build then I wouldn't even have bothered replying but it's cloth cut accordingly to our fanbase that's made the Globe like it is I guess

I love and hate it in equal doses
HALMA 1983

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Why dont we all marry the north stand :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:27 pm

seems like the north stand at CP, where the bulk of our fans congregate, wins hands down over its replacement, bit of a shame really but, hey ho :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Wild Bill wrote:The main arguement against the Globe is the size and facilities in the MBW Stand. Why would it therefore better to move the home fans to the smaller away end?

It was the suggestion that the view may be better from the Bay Radio stand, so worth a 'look'?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:23 pm

I have to say I have always liked the look of the away end and I am sure it has better accoustics.

I suppose the MBW stand isn't raised up with the steps up to it because it needs the extra terracing down to ground lever for extra capacity otherwise I would think the height/width of the two stands is prob about the same.

I would like to go and have a look in the away end sometime.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Keith wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:The main arguement against the Globe is the size and facilities in the MBW Stand. Why would it therefore better to move the home fans to the smaller away end?

It was the suggestion that the view may be better from the Bay Radio stand, so worth a 'look'?

Plus it would help the team having support on all 4 sides of the ground maybe it's something the club could look into next time we have a home game against a team with a low number of away supporters.
heysham_mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:52 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Keith wrote:

Plus it would help the team having support on all 4 sides of the ground maybe it's something the club could look into next time we have a home game against a team with a low number of away supporters.

Great ideas and a classic for some Accy payback for all those years of hurt at the Interlink

Full use of the open terrace whilst we occupy the rest of the covered stands with an obligation for every MFC fan to do a fully coordinated Rain Dance in hope it constantly pisses down that day then they'd know just how it felt 8-)
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:39 am

poll finishes at six today,1300 plus have viewed it and to get a real opinion more of them should vote, so do it :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:46 am

P/T Indie wrote:I have to say I have always liked the look of the away end and I am sure it has better accoustics.

I suppose the MBW stand isn't raised up with the steps up to it because it needs the extra terracing down to ground lever for extra capacity otherwise I would think the height/width of the two stands is prob about the same.

I would like to go and have a look in the away end sometime.

The away end is pretty much the same as the the opposite end, appart from not having 6-8 extra steps at the bottom. Therefore the accoustics would be pretty much the same but it can fit in 800 less fans.

Only think the club should consider putting home fans in the away end when we have the unlikely situation of a small away following and a huge following by the Morecambe fans. Spreading out fans more thinly will only reduce the atmosphere IMO
Wild Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:33 am

mrpotatohead wrote:poll finishes at six today,1300 plus have viewed it and to get a real opinion more of them should vote, so do it :lol:

I wouldn't get too excited over the 1300 "visitors". Out of the 94 replies at least 15 people that have already posted have done so again including yourself about 7 times, I myself have now contributed 3. There are around 50 indivudual replies to the question, all of whom will probably look back to the new post.

Conclusion 1300 less 1240 revisits should nett you another 4 or 5 "new" replies by 6 p.m.

p.s. Dragofly and PUNKISDEAD don't count! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:49 am

The GLOBE gets my vote, but not a runaway win.
Christie Park better on value for money food, better home end, not as far to get to the ground after parking, atmosphere just shades it as well, and less expensive.
However, the Globe is better for the view from the main stand, much better leg room in the seats and improved club shop.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:54 am

punkisdead is no more, and dragofly voted with his feet around 3 games ago, along with several of his paddock dwelling friends :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Globe wins(just) by three votes
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:24 pm

are you sure?
George Dawes

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion