Mark Duffy

Mark Duffy

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:55 pm

For me one of the plus points of the season and has come on leaps and bounds this year.

He has set up quite a few goals this season and also seems to have cut out the silly mistakes which he was sometimes guilty of. His seems to be producing a better quality final ball and he doesn't seem to overplay it anymore.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: Mark Duffy

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Been brilliant.
Completley agree with everything your saying! What an isperation.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Yep me too,

Running at defenders at every opportunity and our best outlet at present.

Keep up the good work Mark ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby George Dawes » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:07 pm

i think what as helped is the signing of Shuker, Duffy as had to step his game up
George Dawes

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Great game again today. Certainly changing the mind of a critic (me)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:16 pm

I wonder if anyone knows how many assits he has this season?

I was one of his biggest critics especially as he used to loose the ball and then the other team used to score, but now that seems a thing of the past.

P/T Indie

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:21 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I wonder if anyone knows how many assits he has this season?

I was one of his biggest critics especially as he used to loose the ball and then the other team used to score, but now that seems a thing of the past.

3 now. Today, Southend and Burnley.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:36 pm

I have and will continue to be critical of MD BUT credit where it's due. Sounds as though he had a stormer today. If he played like that week in and week out, who knows where he could eventually be....and then I'd have no reason to be a critical old fart!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Why continue to be critical? :?
MfcChris

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Christies Child wrote:I have and will continue to be critical of MD BUT credit where it's due. Sounds as though he had a stormer today. If he played like that week in and week out, who knows where he could eventually be....and then I'd have no reason to be a critical old fart!

He has been excptional every match he has played this season! Come on CC :lol: !
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:I have and will continue to be critical of MD BUT credit where it's due. Sounds as though he had a stormer today. If he played like that week in and week out, who knows where he could eventually be....and then I'd have no reason to be a critical old fart!

He has been excptional every match he has played this season! Come on CC :lol: !

Wouldn't go as far as that, but has been good. Just wish that his defensive duties and a willingness to challenge for balls that may appear to be lost would improve. Then he would be exceptional.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:33 pm

http://bcafc.livewwware.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57585

Praise from the other side.
Maybe I'm jumping the gun but Duffy's contract is up at the end of the season - I think we should extend it soon as he's probably the player in our ranks most likely to be targeted by other clubs IMO.
james456

Postby ockers » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Sorry CC Mark has been outstanding this season
long may it continue as well
wonderful cross for mullers today for the goal
but in games he has been a real threat and put in some quality crosses
ockers

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Out of contract at the end of the season!? :o Sign him on Sammy! :shock: :shock:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 pm

MfcChris wrote:Why continue to be critical? :?

Exactly but no worries as goes being an Old Fart..........................That's a rite of passage :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby marky » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:49 pm

I can't help but smile when I see threads like this. From the first time I saw him play, I've felt he's the most exciting player we've had since Garry Thompson left the club. He's not afraid to try things and not everything he tries will come off. That's the very nature of a flare player. People like CC may be prefer old dependables like Garry Hunter and Wayne Curtis, but they won't get us to where the Chairman wants us to be. The likes of Duffy and Fleming will. Long may Duffy continue to prove his critics wrong!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Wouldn't go as far as that, but has been good. Just wish that his defensive duties and a willingness to challenge for balls that may appear to be lost would improve. Then he would be exceptional.[/quote]

Neither did Thommo but he got there in the end just by been more consistant.

P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:53 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Wouldn't go as far as that, but has been good. Just wish that his defensive duties and a willingness to challenge for balls that may appear to be lost would improve. Then he would be exceptional.

Neither did Thommo but he got there in the end just by been more consistant.[/quote]

...and in fairness to MD he has certainly improved in his consistancy. However there are other apects of his game that he could improve upon and I bet that Mark himself would agree. If he follows in Thommo's fotsteps one day then 'bloody brilliant' because he has without doubt become a much better player this season and maybe the scouts from bigger clubs will come knocking.

I just hope that unlike Thommo we cash in on any future move, hence the need to sign him up sooner rather than later.
Christies Child

Postby Opinionated » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 am

Mark has been brilliant in his last two matches. I remember he had a shocker at Bradford last season, but he won us the match yesterday. His pin point cross took their keeper out of the picture, the kind of delivery you see at the highest level.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby outsider » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:29 am

I have also been known to be critical of Duffy, but this season he has come on leaps, my only gripe is i just wish that every so often he would go OUTSTIDE his man, he is lacking a bit in pace but can trick defenders, so just fake it every now and then ( ;) ) and run at them. Also seems to play better when we have 2 wingers playing so everything does not have to go thru him.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Harry » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:31 am

Duffy and Stanners have both been our best players so far this season IMO, Duffy has improved his strength and work rate on last season to move towards the player we all know he can be, and Stanley has cut out that slightly complacent streak when sometimes he went missing in smaller games, to become a force to be reckoned with and for me they should be starting every game.

Maybe its the addition of quality in their poisitions, giving them competition for their place that has really driven them on and given them a more professional attitude and if so, kudos to Mr McIlroy.
Harry

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:01 am

People have been overly critical of Duffy in the past, but I think it is worth remembering where he has come from in such a short period of time. He hasn't yet been here for 2 seasons, prior to that he'd been at Southport for a similar period before being picked up by Sammy. He has gone from Prescot cables who were then in the Unibond Premier, to Morecambe a fairly established football league side. That's three steps upwards in little over as many seasons

Duffy is now starting to make telling contributions in matches on a consistent basis and he will only get better the more games that he plays. Some of the more established players with a pedigree of delivering at a higher level aren't having the same influence in games as Duffy is at the moment, and that is a massive credit to him. Shuker (who I guess is more than likely on more money than Duffy having stepped down) is being kept out of the team by Duffy, on merit.

I said a few weeks ago that Duffs is probably one of five in our squad that is a saleable asset, given the praise that opposition fans and managers have given him after games. We need to sign him up for another two years as soon as possible, given that he can leave for nothing at the end of the season.
RedRedWine1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:07 am

RedRedWine wrote:People have been overly critical of Duffy in the past, but I think it is worth remembering where he has come from in such a short period of time. He hasn't yet been here for 2 seasons, prior to that he'd been at Southport for a similar period before being picked up by Sammy. He has gone from Prescot cables who were then in the Unibond Premier, to Morecambe a fairly established football league side. That's three steps upwards in little over as many seasons

Duffy is now starting to make telling contributions in matches on a consistent basis and he will only get better the more games that he plays. Some of the more established players with a pedigree of delivering at a higher level aren't having the same influence in games as Duffy is at the moment, and that is a massive credit to him. Shuker (who I guess is more than likely on more money than Duffy having stepped down) is being kept out of the team by Duffy, on merit.

I said a few weeks ago that Duffs is probably one of five in our squad that is a saleable asset, given the praise that opposition fans and managers have given him after games. We need to sign him up for another two years as soon as possible, given that he can leave for nothing at the end of the season.

We can't afford to have another Thommo situation who went for nowt! This must NOT be allowed to happen again. For me it's the most pressing off field issue that the Board need to sort out (if only for the possible financial jackpot in a few seasons to come), even above concern about certain parts of The Globe.
Christies Child

would he go for nowt though

Postby Arnside Red » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:15 am

arnt there rules and regs re younger players or does this only apply if theve progressed from a clubs junior ranks (just a general question as i dont know the answer)
Arnside Red

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:41 am

There are rules to protect clubs over players leaving for nothing and the entitlement of a parent club to receive a transfer fee. Danny Carlton, Matty Blinkhorn and Andy Fleming (fee towards Wrexham yet to be resolved with the tribunal) are recent examples of this. However Duffy is 25 next week I believe, and falls outside of the age capping.

Obviously Thommo leaving for nothing wasn't ideal, but we did get many years great service out of him and he cost us nothing to begin with. We could have sold him prior to reaching the Football league and got a fee (Bury I believe were after him during the prior to the season that we gained promotion?), but given the impact he had in the play-off final game I'm glad he stayed and the rest is history. Duffy is a bit different in my opinion; we've still to see the potential in its totality that the club invested in.
RedRedWine1

Next

Return to General Discussion