GLOBE V CHRISTIE PARK POLL

Re: GLOBE V CHRISTIE PARK POLL

Postby Curly » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:If the team had won all 5 home league matches nobody would be disgruntled about pies , gravy , views , prices etc.

Sorry, speaking only for myself, I still wouldn't prefer it to Crusty.

The new Bar&Grill is nice.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Heysham_red wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:If the team had won all 5 home league matches nobody would be disgruntled about pies , gravy , views , prices etc.

I disagree, There maybe less people disgruntled but the results don't alter the fact that some of the new ground isn't as good as some part of the old ground.

on a personal level I would say Christie but its close. And its close because everyone knows the new main stand, community facilities and other such things are miles better than Christie. However its fairly obvious that the MBW stand is not as good as the North stand. The biggest problem is that the home fans bring in a huge amount of revenue through season tickets and on the day tickets and I would imagine there are more users of the MBW stand on this board than there are of the main stand (but obviously I don't know that) and if they (we) are disgruntled then our voice will be heard more. The other reason its close is because of the potential at the globe. If the club sorts out the home stand then most of the negatives towards the ground would be non-existent. I honestly believe that the design of the MBW stand was not done on the cheap but instead was an attempt to replicate the North stand but on a smaller scale. This hasn't worked. My fear is that, although the club maybe aware of this, the massive success of the main stand and the extra revenue it generates means that a blind eye is being turned to the MBW stand and supporters. Perhaps in the hope that some fans spend more in the mains stand.

The other catch is the club cant publicly criticise the development of the stadium as this may affect the sponsorship deal. On the plus side there is likely to be a direct link to the globe (as in the company) which they may utilise to try and fix the problems that have come up.

I have to agree that there seems to be a loss of certain aspects of the family club. From a PR level the club could quite easily release a statement saying that they are aware of issues with the new ground and, with globe construction, are look into dealing with the concerns risen by our fans. I think if many of us fans could see that the club was trying to do something that, initially, would be enough to stop some of the negative attitude towards the Globe arena. It just feels that the hardcore standing home fans are being left in the dark.

The 2 statements above made BOLD by me, sum up EXACTLY how I am feeling about the whole thing right now .....

I am a season ticket holder in the MBW and have STILL to this day not received a letter from the club about facilities in the PMG Stand which are available etc etc !! Maybe the club feel that because I've gone for the "cheaper" option season ticket (still £285 mind !!!) in The MBW, I won't have the funds to use the PMG Stand facilities.....

To be fair, I got one of the letters and I bought a STUDENT season ticket in the MBW stand so God knows why they thought I had the "funds" and you didn't! :lol:
Morecambe Jack

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Globe
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:25 pm

The new Bar&Grill is nice.[/quote]

I might have a missed a previous debate on this but really is that the best name they can come up with when there was a competition surley there must have been some better ideas.

What happens in 5 years time if we get a new company who get the naming rights do we change the name of the bar again.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christie Top Cat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Christie for me only because the MBW cannot compete with the North Stand, and mainly the emphasis for me now is on corporate etc and like others have said those in MBW and North terrace appear not to be important (this was said to me by a lesser member of staff and I was furious!!!!) Club seems to have forgotten it is Morecambe FOOTBALL Club, ok they need to make cash but don't loose the super atmosphere the Club was renowned for. Do like the approach and the bar and grill. For all the little moans football is what I go for win,loose or draw and nothing can spoil that
Christie Top Cat

Postby steve mfc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Its fairly obvious that virtually all the people who are dissatisfied are the ones who are in the MBW Stand, myself included.

It just doesn't compare to the North Stand regarding the view or atmosphere, now some may say that's not that important but i would beg to differ, a good vocal support can act as a twelfth man.

However i do fully understand that if there was to be any scaling back of the original plans then it couldn't be in the main stand, the whole point of moving was so that the club could generate more income.

I was going to start a separate thread on this but a few people have already mentioned the possibility of building a new home stand when and if the North Terrace is redeveloped.

Personally i think a stand like the away one at Daggenham would be ideal, its steep so you have a great view which also helps to create a good atmosphere and it has a bar underneath, it would also complement the main stand and would give a much more balanced look to the ground.

Of course any development might be a very long way off, but it would be a possible solution.
steve mfc

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:23 pm

DawZi wrote:i think in fairness a lot of these problems for the standing supporter are minor problems what can be amended in the summer like making more room in the MBW stand by reducing the size if the disabled bays or making a purpose built undercover one on the north stand

I refer you to the previous comments made regarding this subject...

Keith wrote:
DawZi wrote:them 2 disabled bays in the home stand are way to big

against Coventry i counted no more than 6 wheelchairs and about the same with Burnley you could fit a extra 80 people or more in both bays 4 rows of 10 people standing in 1 bay = 40 then you double it x2 = 80

you could easly reduce the size of them by half and still meet the clubs needs to accommodate people in wheelchairs

DawZi wrote:all i would like to be done at the home end next summer after the season as finished, is them disabled bays to be looked at to give more room and a better feel behind goal to at least try and match the old north stand

and maybe look at a purpose built disabled paddock with all the facilities in the north stand got loads more room to play with there

So wheelchair users should be segregated and not allowed to watch from behind the goal so that there is more space for the occasions when The Globe is full? Wheelchair users should be segregated and not be allowed a choice for about 25 games a season so that we can get another 80 people in on perhaps three occasions each season?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Morectalk » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Globe - miss Christie but can't look back.
Morectalk

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:47 pm

could anyone insisting on writing an essay rather than a straight answer, at least precede it with their choice, please :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:50 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:could anyone insisting on writing an essay rather than a straight answer, at least precede it with their choice, please :roll:

Sorry for ruining your thread mrpotatohead :lol:
Sammy h

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:54 pm

threads going great sammy, no problem, just makes it easier for folk to have a quick count up :|
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:56 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:threads going great sammy, no problem, just makes it easier for folk to have a quick count up :|

There is a way to do an actual poll, I tried doing one a couple of months back (Can't remember what for)

It might only be a mod thing as I remember Mark S doing one a while back???
Sammy h

Postby Morectalk » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Can you vote twice? ;)
Morectalk

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:16 pm

clear cut straight answers have it 19 each at the moment, comments regarding the MBW fans being the unhappy ones are very important as that area provide us with most fans over a season :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcChris » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:19 pm

Globe. Christie North Stand is a lot better, but we have moved forward now for the better. It is about the football anyway on match days, not feeling good in some concrete stand ;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:31 pm

So wheelchair users should be segregated and not allowed to watch from behind the goal so that there is more space for the occasions when The Globe is full? Wheelchair users should be segregated and not be allowed a choice for about 25 games a season so that we can get another 80 people in on perhaps three occasions each season?

your being silly now, them bays are clearly to big and take up to much room if you reduce the size of them it makes more room to try and replicate the old North stand
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Globe apart from MBW stand which is totally out classed by the North Stand.
Little Shrimp

Postby Arnside Red » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Christie, without a shadow of a doubt
realise why they moved as long as tey do generate substantial additional revenue but theNorth Stand is much lamented, the MBH or whatever it's called is too small, has no atmosphere etc etc etc, main stand looks good but when you can stand i prefer that option
Arnside Red

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:17 pm

DawZi wrote:your being silly now, them bays are clearly to big and take up to much room if you reduce the size of them it makes more room to try and replicate the old North stand

You didn't say "reduce" you said 'remove' and relocate wheelchair users somewhere else.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby SPARKYM » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Globe 4 me by a long way
SPARKYM

Postby billybonz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Christie, We used to win there
billybonz

Postby Curly » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:19 am

MfcChris wrote:Globe. Christie North Stand is a lot better, but we have moved forward now for the better. It is about the football anyway on match days, not feeling good in some concrete stand ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby George Dawes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:46 am

Keith wrote:
DawZi wrote:your being silly now, them bays are clearly to big and take up to much room if you reduce the size of them it makes more room to try and replicate the old North stand

You didn't say "reduce" you said 'remove' and relocate wheelchair users somewhere else.

i have never said remove am 99.9% sure on that i have just checked all four posts in the past two months i have commented on regarding the size of them bays and you have just quoted a few times saying "reduce" over the past month proving so.

maybe your imagination or sombody else you have me mixed up with :?
George Dawes

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:39 am

mrpotatohead wrote:clear cut straight answers have it 19 each at the moment, comments regarding the MBW fans being the unhappy ones are very important as that area provide us with most fans over a season :!:

I've already voted :lol:
Once the cold and wet set in, the North Terrace will provide nil, none, zero, zilch fans.
When that happens, and the weather is miserable, it doesn't matter what the PM Stand looks like, or what it's facilites are, the ground is going to appear pretty much only half populated.
The wind and/or rain will be howling across the pitch, and you'll all be witnessing a game of football controlled not by skill, but by whatever elements prevail.
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:58 am

DawZi wrote:and maybe look at a purpose built disabled paddock with all the facilities in the north stand

That sounds like relocating wheelchair users and segregating them! Firstly, wheelchair users should be offered choice of where to watch from. Secondly, there were many spaces for wheelchair users in the North Stand at Christie Park so wheelchair users could choose to watch from behind the goal if they wanted and finally, I don't believe that it is a solution to the problems anyway and would only offer any benefit for matches where the MBW is full.

Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion