Sammy Previews Bradford & More - Listen Here...

Re: Sammy Previews Bradford & More - Listen Here...

Postby MfcChris » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Sean O'Connor was alright, he was unfortunate with injuries. Sollitt wasn't too bad either. We have had some decent keepers, but then again every team thinks they have a good keeper.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:37 pm

MfcChris wrote:Sean O'Connor was alright, he was unfortunate with injuries. Sollitt wasn't too bad either. We have had some decent keepers, but then again every team thinks they have a good keeper.

Sollitt was a shot stopper, his catching from crosses was poor.

O'Connor came with an ongoing injury and hardly played a game in 18 months for us before having his contract paid up.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:45 pm

So we only have 4 strikers on the books 2 are not ready for the first team even though Hendrie is yet to play a first team game. Jevons is injured and then that leaves only Mullinup front on his own and we allknow hat system doesn't work very well.

HopefullySammy canet song sorted befotheBradford game can't belive for a minuite that with all Sammy's contacts he can't get a forwad on loan.
heysham_mfc

Postby marky » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Sammy has some way to go to catch Jim Harvey up on the signing of "turkeys".

Jim Harvey has an extra 8 years worth of turkeys on Sammy McIlroy, though ;) Much as I wasn't a Harvey fan, it's not really a fair comparison.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:31 pm

marky wrote:
shrimper wrote:To be balanced, I suppose, against his ever growing list of good, or very good, ones.

Fleming, Rundle, Brown and McCready are the latest decent ones in a list that includes Baker, Stanley, Mullin, Duffy, Parrish and Roche among others.

Every manager, including the VERY best, have their ups and downs in the transfer market

Oh of course, but the very best can afford to have the odd slip up or two, whereas a 2 year contract for what turns out to be a bad signing affects us slightly more, which is the basis of my point. Just regarding your list, I personally would say Mullin is very much an average signing and I know a number of people who would totally disagree with you on that front!

So a manager at a lower league club has to get it spot on every time? Doesn't work like that. The point I make is that if the very best managers (who by their very status should be a bit more expert in these things) make frequent slip-ups, how can you expect managers at our level to make brilliant signings all the time?

And, on Mullin, we'll have to agree to disagree. For me he's at least 'decent'. And, for what it's worth, I know a lot of people who would agree with that.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:47 pm

Sammy and mark do not appear to have any contacts of note anywhere, comparing jim harvey with sammy mac is not fair as we were a different club then.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby essex_shrimp » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:42 am

Come on Sammy.

Just listened to this interview.

Just wondering Morecambe have lost both center backs and it does look bad we do not have cover.

And also we could of started Darren Moss since we are down to the bare bones come on what did darren do.

And about center forwards why not play a formation on Saturday 4-5-1 with Fleming who us fellow Morecambe fans are excited about talking about him.

Saturday this is a nervous game
essex_shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion