Gala Draw Evening, Sponsoring Players Shirts

Gala Draw Evening, Sponsoring Players Shirts

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:54 pm

For those who have missed this off their radars, the Gala evening and draw will take place on Saturday October 16th at the Globe. I have always enjoyed the evening and it has often been the chance to see the new kit etc. when it was earlier in the year.

Disappointed this year that as Morecambe football supporters we shall not be able to make it as we will be in Aldershot following our football team. I have checked routes and flightpaths but can't find a way of getting my dickie bow and dinner jacket ready in time to get back from the game by 7.30 p.m.

I don't suppose the players, management or some Directors will manage either :(

Not a moan and I don't suppose it will affect many, but just stating my point of view like. Be interesting if Sean, Glen and Quinny can do both?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Gala Draw Evening, Sponsoring Players Shirts

Postby ockers » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:17 pm

No Mark.... :(
by the time we have packed up and done post match work i dont think id be out of Aldershot before 545pm
take a guess at 5 hours to get back at most would be 1045pm
quinny the same on team bus with players and directors/officials
full page ad in the last two programmes for details
ockers

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:24 pm

I thought the idea of the Gala draw was to find the club sponsor for the year if we haven't had it yet what did we do this year?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:33 pm

ockers wrote:No Mark.... :(

Thought so, I just thought if you had Chitty Bang Bang on hire for the weekend we could have sat on the wing :lol:

P/T Indie wrote:I thought the idea of the Gala draw was to find the club sponsor for the year if we haven't had it yet what did we do this year?

Errr in case you ain't noticed Phil, Globe are the Club Sponsors who are throwing shed loads of money at us over the next 5 years ;)
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:40 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I thought the idea of the Gala draw was to find the club sponsor for the year if we haven't had it yet what did we do this year?

Errr in case you ain't noticed Phil, Globe are the Club Sponsors who are throwing shed loads of money at us over the next 5 years ;)[/quote]

I just thought they just had the naming rights for the ground and then we would have the shirt sponsor and then club sponsor for the winner of the draw.

So what do you get if you win the draw this year?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Am I alone in trying to understand the logic of having such an important club event when there will be no players present; when supporters of this event in the past will be at the game and when a number of the Board (I assume) will also be at the game.

:o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Ntini » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Christies Child wrote:Am I alone in trying to understand the logic of having such an important club event when there will be no players present; when supporters of this event in the past will be at the game and when a number of the Board (I assume) will also be at the game.

I, too, am struggling to figure this one out... why didn't they just set the date for the weekend of a home game???
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:00 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I just thought they just had the naming rights for the ground and then we would have the shirt sponsor and then club sponsor for the winner of the draw.

So what do you get if you win the draw this year?

"sponsorship deal" http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 98,00.html

I for one am happy to see Bench being the shirt sponsor and long may it continue :D

As sean says the event is advertised in the Programme so i'm not taking liberties when I say:

1st: Business Logo on the back of 1st team shirts from Stockport till end of the season + table of 10 in hospitality

2nd: Logo on back of shorts + table of 4

Various other stuff inc. use of Exec Box for 10, Programme Ads. etc.etc.

Shall we enter a "Shrimpsvoices" Logo entry :lol:
marky No.1

Postby outsider » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:00 pm

I think it shows what type of money the club are after now, no disrespect to the local businessmen who show support like any other fan by actualy going to the games and watching the football, but it seems to me that the club are now trying to attract bigger fish. I just hope this doesn't back fire and they are left with egg on there face's, Yes we need to move forward but they need to remember from where we came.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:02 pm

outsider wrote:I think it shows what type of money the club are after now, no disrespect to the local businessmen who show support like any other fan by actualy going to the games and watching the football, but it seems to me that the club are now trying to attract bigger fish. I just hope this doesn't back fire and they are left with egg on there face's, Yes we need to move forward but they need to remember from where we came.

Small Fry coming from a sardine!! :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Ntini wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Am I alone in trying to understand the logic of having such an important club event when there will be no players present; when supporters of this event in the past will be at the game and when a number of the Board (I assume) will also be at the game.

I, too, am struggling to figure this one out... why didn't they just set the date for the weekend of a home game???

And why it wasn't held pre-season at The Carleton (as The Globe wasn't ready) as it normally is. Any potential kit sponsorship winners / sponsors (or however it is decided) will only now get part of a seasons sponsorship.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:08 pm

Ntini wrote:I, too, am struggling to figure this one out... why didn't they just set the date for the weekend of a home game???

I would suggest that other nights had already got functions booked, but what do I know :?

Seasider9601 wrote:And why it wasn't held pre-season at The Carleton (as The Globe wasn't ready) as it normally is. Any potential kit sponsorship winners / sponsors (or however it is decided) will only now get part of a seasons sponsorship.

To be fair the Club had far too much on it's plate with the ground move and did'nt even have an office at the time. These functions take an awful lot of organising and getting things into place. Maybe Peter Kaye was double booked :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Fair comment Marky, and I appreciate that and what you are saying. The summer months must have been manic. Again though, it doesn't feel "right" having the Gala Draw in October .....

Just my thoughts mate anyway.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby outsider » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:17 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
outsider wrote:I think it shows what type of money the club are after now, no disrespect to the local businessmen who show support like any other fan by actualy going to the games and watching the football, but it seems to me that the club are now trying to attract bigger fish. I just hope this doesn't back fire and they are left with egg on there face's, Yes we need to move forward but they need to remember from where we came.

Small Fry coming from a sardine!! :lol: :lol:

I was being nice aswell ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Gnasher » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:19 pm

I would suggest that other nights had already got functions booked, but what do I know

Would that include a club gala evening which some of us thought was the gala draw but was actually an end of era sort of do?

At least you won't have to put up with me this year, I'll be making sure the hotel 24/7 all-inclusive bar is actually open 24 hours :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Gnasher wrote:I would suggest that other nights had already got functions booked, but what do I know

Would that include a club gala evening which some of us thought was the gala draw but was actually an end of era sort of do?

At least you won't have to put up with me this year, I'll be making sure the hotel 24/7 all-inclusive bar is actually open 24 hours :lol:

Yes that was End of Era
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7679&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=gala

From experience most of these all inclusives only stay open while there are at least 10 none paying guests at the bar ~ so go and find some mates to take with you :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Who needs mates to keep the bar open? It was marked down on review sites because the bar is behind reception with 24 hour reception working the bar. People moaned because they checked into the hotel to the smell of beer. Can't wait!
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Happy Harry » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:37 am

When I have attended on the odd occasion there arent many of what I call proper fans. The event is made up of mainly local Businesses (Official Fan Club aside - Always wondered how they paid for that) with corporate tables. Dont recall ever seeing a player there unless modelling the new kit. No need for that this year. ;)
Happy Harry

Postby Gnasher » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 am

When I have attended on the odd occasion there arent many of what I call proper fans. The event is made up of mainly local Businesses with corporate tables.

Definitely not a supporters occassion although there are quite a few there under corporate banners.

(Official Fan Club aside - Always wondered how they paid for that)

Join them and ask?
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Return to General Discussion