Sammy Previews Bradford & More - Listen Here...

Sammy Previews Bradford & More - Listen Here...

Postby The Bay » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:22 am

Caught up with the boys this morning.... mood is very good and positive.

The headlines -

Phil Jevons is out for at least 2 weeks with ankle ligament damage.
A defender is coming in on loan - either today or tomorrow.
The club would love to bring a forward in, but better than what we have is hard to come back and not cheap.
Stuart Hendrie isn't ready for the first team - yet.
Darren Moss IS still at the club - but isn't part of the plans so can leave.

Here you go....

http://www.thebay.co.uk/goto.php?sess=+ ... F&id=20812
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Sammy Previews Bradford & More - Listen Here...

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 am

so we sign a striker on a 6 month loan deal but he is not ready yet.

we sign s striker on a 1 year contract but he is not ready yet.
:? :? :?
And we can't afford a striker who is ready.
halftimeresults

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:37 am

The Bay wrote:Caught up with the boys this morning.... mood is very good and positive.

The headlines -

Phil Jevons is out for at least 2 weeks with ankle ligament damage.
A defender is coming in on loan - either today or tomorrow.
The club would love to bring a forward in, but better than what we have is hard to come back and not cheap.
Stuart Hendrie isn't ready for the first team - yet.
Darren Moss IS still at the club - but isn't part of the plans so can leave.

Here you go....

http://www.thebay.co.uk/goto.php?sess=+ ... F&id=20812

An honest assessment of the situation BUT if Spencer's not ready for the first team why is he on loan? Shouldn't he be back at Huddersfield and the money that we are paying him (assuming that we are paying him part of his salary at Huddersfield ) could be put towards the salary of a proven striker IF there is somebody that fits Sammy's criteria and the clubs financial capabilities.

Unless Hendrie is given an opportunity then nobody will know if he's ready. I seem to recall 2 young kids being given their chance at Man Utd many years ago and they didn't do too badly. Both went on to become NI Internationals. I bet at the time questions were asked as to their readiness but they were given a chance to prove themselves!

As for another defender, would that be a loan or permanent deal? With regards to Moss, not really a surprise but given the defensive situation at the moment shouldn't he be given one final chance to redeem himself?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:45 am

One more chance sounds good to me CC, yes. And also to be fair to Mossy.

Especially seeing as we are pushed to the absolute limits defensively now...... :?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:51 am

Spencer is only 18 and had no league experience before coming to us so I think it is fair to say he isn't fully ready (in the sense of experience). I would like to see more of Hendrie but I can't say how he has played in reserves because I haven't seen any games yet.

I guess this is our problem- we cannot afford to bring in proven strikers so we are going to have to find a lower league gem or develop our own. Perhaps we really shouldn't have let Curtis go...that said, we could really do with more pace up front.

It would be interesting to see where this new defender fits in. I am assuming it would be a centre back so my back 4 for saturday would be:

Parrish..........New Guy..........Bentley..........Wilson
Morecambe Jack

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am

I can't listen to the interview at work but if what your saying is if Spencer is not ready and Hendrie is not ready we only have Mullin up front for the next two weeks.

Personally I don't have a problem with Spencer starting upfront with Mullin while we haven't got anyone else. He might not be the finished article but he scored the other week looked livley for 15 mins against Chesterfield a couple of starts might do his confidence he world of good and he will develop quicker than playing in the reserves.

As for Hendrie start bringing him on with 15 mins to go give him a chance or he to will never develop.

So basically Sammy has admited his summer signings aren't good enough for the first team great!
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:13 am

Seasider9601 wrote:One more chance sounds good to me CC, yes. And also to be fair to Mossy.

Especially seeing as we are pushed to the absolute limits defensively now...... :?

I'm pretty sure Mossy wouldn't have let that guy go inside for the first goal on Tuesday.

He would have made him go wide onto his left foot.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:16 am

Maybe but then he would have still gone past him for fun round the outside like the Gillinham winger kept doing.

I hope the new player is an overlapping Righ Back then I would have:-

New Rb Parish Jimbo Wilson
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 am

P/T Indie wrote:Maybe but then he would have still gone past him for fun round the outside like the Gillinham winger kept doing.

I hope the new player is an overlapping Righ Back then I would have:-

New Rb Parish Jimbo Wilson

The Gillingham winger Barcham was exceptional on the day , befitting a young player who has come up through the ranks of North London's biggest club.

IMHO Moss would be a better bet at right back than either Scott or Hunter.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Joe Oh » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:IMHO Moss would be a better bet at right back than either Scott or Hunter.

Definitely. Hunter is a great player but he had a nightmare at RB on Saturday.

Also, didn't think Spencer looked that great next to Mullin on Saturday. Hendrie or a new signing sounds best. Shame about Jevons. Curtis wouldn't have been the solution up front next to Mullin though.
Joe Oh

Postby Ntini » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Perhaps we really shouldn't have let Curtis go...that said, we could really do with more pace up front.

With all due respect to the guy, I don't think Curtis is BETTER than the two we have (Mullin and Jevons)... and Sammy said he wanted to bring in better. So, I think that argument is silly, whether he lacks the pace or not.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:50 pm

'If' Hendrie is as good as people reckon then surely he has to be on the bench with a possible last 15 mins on the pitch or maybe Sammy is right and he isn't that good but then why sign him :?:
If he's that good get him on :!: Look at Shrewsbury's Tom Bradshaw. Now this lad really has got some raw talent. Remember him coming on against us at the meadow and scoring last season anyone? Also scored 2 against Crewe.
Signed from Aberystwyth Town in 2009 where he played 9 scored 2, he has since appeared 9 times from the bench for Shrewsbury and scored 4. He made his Welsh International debut (Under 19's) in Liechtenstein 2 weeks ago and scored 1 whilst also hitting the bar. This lad is one for the future as i beleive Hendrie is too but at least Bradshaw gets some time on the pitch for experience and he usually runs rings around players.
edit
Bradshaw was a target of West Ham late last season but Shrewsbury signed him up professionally very quickly.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Ntini wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:Perhaps we really shouldn't have let Curtis go...that said, we could really do with more pace up front.

With all due respect to the guy, I don't think Curtis is BETTER than the two we have (Mullin and Jevons)... and Sammy said he wanted to bring in better. So, I think that argument is silly, whether he lacks the pace or not.

I agree, but what I meant was if we are lacking options up front and are unable to bring anybody in due to cost then we should have kept Curtis who was quite willing to stay.
Morecambe Jack

Postby chipbuns » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
Ntini wrote:

I agree, but what I meant was if we are lacking options up front and are unable to bring anybody in due to cost then we should have kept Curtis who was quite willing to stay.

And actually play him UP FRONT not as a left winger, where he predominatley played for the last few years.
chipbuns

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:13 pm

Radio Lancs said at 1-30 that there might be 2 players coming in on-loan.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:13 pm

No surprises re: Moss. Apart from one very good goal, I rather suspect he has to go down as one of Sammy's growing list of disasterous signings.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Sammy h » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:17 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:'If' Hendrie is as good as people reckon then surely he has to be on the bench with a possible last 15 mins on the pitch or maybe Sammy is right and he isn't that good but then why sign him :?:
If he's that good get him on :!: Look at Shrewsbury's Tom Bradshaw. Now this lad really has got some raw talent. Remember him coming on against us at the meadow and scoring last season anyone? Also scored 2 against Crewe.
Signed from Aberystwyth Town in 2009 where he played 9 scored 2, he has since appeared 9 times from the bench for Shrewsbury and scored 4. He made his Welsh International debut (Under 19's) in Liechtenstein 2 weeks ago and scored 1 whilst also hitting the bar. This lad is one for the future as i beleive Hendrie is too but at least Bradshaw gets some time on the pitch for experience and he usually runs rings around players.
edit
Bradshaw was a target of West Ham late last season but Shrewsbury signed him up professionally very quickly.

What about that Jake Robinson, is he a young lad too, he seems to be banging them in for fun.
Sammy h

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:23 pm

marky wrote:No surprises re: Moss. Apart from one very good goal, I rather suspect he has to go down as one of Sammy's growing list of disasterous signings.

To be balanced, I suppose, against his ever growing list of good, or very good, ones.

Fleming, Rundle, Brown and McCready are the latest decent ones in a list that includes Baker, Stanley, Mullin, Duffy, Parrish and Roche among others.

Every manager, including the VERY best, have their ups and downs in the transfer market.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:27 pm

I can think of a certain 30 million wasted on a Ukrainien :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Sammy h wrote:
nobbyshrimp wrote:'If' Hendrie is as good as people reckon then surely he has to be on the bench with a possible last 15 mins on the pitch or maybe Sammy is right and he isn't that good but then why sign him :?:
edit

What about that Jake Robinson, is he a young lad too, he seems to be banging them in for fun.

Approaching 24! He is not new on the scene though as was playing for Shrews last season too but it just never happened for him but this season he seems to have clicked with Matt Harold along side him with the electric Ainsworth playing down the wing.
nobbyshrimp

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Has Liam Dickinson got fixed up yet?

He could do a job again at this level!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:39 pm

shrimper wrote:To be balanced, I suppose, against his ever growing list of good, or very good, ones.

Fleming, Rundle, Brown and McCready are the latest decent ones in a list that includes Baker, Stanley, Mullin, Duffy, Parrish and Roche among others.

Every manager, including the VERY best, have their ups and downs in the transfer market

Oh of course, but the very best can afford to have the odd slip up or two, whereas a 2 year contract for what turns out to be a bad signing affects us slightly more, which is the basis of my point. Just regarding your list, I personally would say Mullin is very much an average signing and I know a number of people who would totally disagree with you on that front!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:51 pm

marky wrote:No surprises re: Moss. Apart from one very good goal, I rather suspect he has to go down as one of Sammy's growing list of disasterous signings.

i dont think he's ever had chance to prove him self as a right right-back he first came into the team as a wing-back didnt work out he then came in again in the play-off run as a right-back and did well and this season he as been at fault for a goal he tried to bring under control

but i suppose its totally irrelevant if SM as told him he can go
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 pm

shrimper wrote:Has Liam Dickinson got fixed up yet?

He could do a job again at this level!

some of the Brats fans thought he was going to Valley Parade.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Sammy has some way to go to catch Jim Harvey up on the signing of "turkeys".

Did you ever see Alan Morgan

or Carl Ruffer

or Adam Sollitt

or Sean O'Connor

or Chris Lightfoot

or Jimmy Kelly

or Chris Lane

or Andy Gouck

or Dean Howell

Im sure there must be some more I've missed !
Last edited by Heysham_Shrimp on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heysham_Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion