GLOBE V CHRISTIE PARK POLL

Re: GLOBE V CHRISTIE PARK POLL

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:26 pm

12 .9 up to now with 1 on the fence together with a few others who have just fallen either side of it.

I personally say GLOBE as it has moved the Club in the right direction, although if I were a North Stander I would now be disappointed. Certainly wouldn't want to go back all things considered, don't miss the portakabins but at least you could get a pee quicker! As someone said last night "why do we need 4 washbasins to go with 4 urinals when only half of em wash their hands" :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Moose » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:57 pm

OK then, on one hand I am a bit miffed about prices on every aspect of the day out going up, only to be shot down by the usual people saying 'yes, but you'd pay this that or the other 'there!'..... (but we are not 'there'...) Then the other side of the usual peoples arguement is 'we are little Morecambe' apparently, where I should not expect too much - just be happy with what you have been given.
OK. So justify me this then usuals, if I am to pay more, then why should I be happy with less than what I was receiving before the prices went up?....
Is it...
(a) More money to pay for better ground.. (in places)
or
(b) More money for improved football team?

So far, pissed off with both, doesn't feel like the same family club.

I have no doubt I am not enjoying the experience of the day out watching MFC as much as I did at Christie, can not put my finger on it, not just the football at the moment, but it isn't the same by a long shot.
Moose

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:03 am

christie park by a country mile....better for character and atmosphere - also feel the globe is not worth the money spent on it - one big stand which is good but rest of ground is very average
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby mfcbro » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:27 am

North stand to the Main stand.Globe 4 me.
mfcbro

Postby phil1965365 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:44 am

Globe main stand better than christie park main stand. North stand ten times better than that miniscule mbw terrace. New car wash better than old. New away end far better than old.............
phil1965365

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:31 am

The approach road to The Globe makes me smile every time, the PMG stand is fantastic with excellent, modern facilities. But the rest of the ground is disappointing. The MBW and open terrace aren't even as good as Chester or any of the lego-kit stadiums.

Ironically, I wonder if the view from The Bay Radio end may actually be better than The MBW, certainly it looks as if the view would be higher.

Of course, the 'extra bit' that hasn't been mentioned is the all-weather pitches, gym etc which didn't exist at CP, so while for some people the match day experience is worse the over-all position is The Globe is far better. Now if something can be done, perhaps next summer, to make the experience better for the paying customer who is standing rather than sitting, we'd all be happy.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:14 am

Well spuddy you've got yourself some decent replys. It is looking fairly even at the moment even tho there was no way you would end up with one word answers
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:18 am

Moose wrote:OK then, on one hand I am a bit miffed about prices on every aspect of the day out going up, only to be shot down by the usual people saying 'yes, but you'd pay this that or the other 'there!'..... (but we are not 'there'...) Then the other side of the usual peoples arguement is 'we are little Morecambe' apparently, where I should not expect too much - just be happy with what you have been given.
OK. So justify me this then usuals, if I am to pay more, then why should I be happy with less than what I was receiving before the prices went up?....
Is it...
(a) More money to pay for better ground.. (in places)
or
(b) More money for improved football team?

So far, pissed off with both, doesn't feel like the same family club.

I have no doubt I am not enjoying the experience of the day out watching MFC as much as I did at Christie, can not put my finger on it, not just the football at the moment, but it isn't the same by a long shot.

If the team had won all 5 home league matches nobody would be disgruntled about pies , gravy , views , prices etc.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Heysham_red » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:46 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:If the team had won all 5 home league matches nobody would be disgruntled about pies , gravy , views , prices etc.

I disagree, There maybe less people disgruntled but the results don't alter the fact that some of the new ground isn't as good as some part of the old ground.

on a personal level I would say Christie but its close. And its close because everyone knows the new main stand, community facilities and other such things are miles better than Christie. However its fairly obvious that the MBW stand is not as good as the North stand. The biggest problem is that the home fans bring in a huge amount of revenue through season tickets and on the day tickets and I would imagine there are more users of the MBW stand on this board than there are of the main stand (but obviously I don't know that) and if they (we) are disgruntled then our voice will be heard more. The other reason its close is because of the potential at the globe. If the club sorts out the home stand then most of the negatives towards the ground would be non-existent. I honestly believe that the design of the MBW stand was not done on the cheap but instead was an attempt to replicate the North stand but on a smaller scale. This hasn't worked. My fear is that, although the club maybe aware of this, the massive success of the main stand and the extra revenue it generates means that a blind eye is being turned to the MBW stand and supporters. Perhaps in the hope that some fans spend more in the mains stand.

The other catch is the club cant publicly criticise the development of the stadium as this may affect the sponsorship deal. On the plus side there is likely to be a direct link to the globe (as in the company) which they may utilise to try and fix the problems that have come up.

I have to agree that there seems to be a loss of certain aspects of the family club. From a PR level the club could quite easily release a statement saying that they are aware of issues with the new ground and, with globe construction, are look into dealing with the concerns risen by our fans. I think if many of us fans could see that the club was trying to do something that, initially, would be enough to stop some of the negative attitude towards the Globe arena. It just feels that the hardcore standing home fans are being left in the dark.
Heysham_red

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:05 am

Crusty Pie.
Agree with everything Moose has scribed.
If I was a regular I'd want to stand on the North Terrace.
I'd also like to be able to move around a bit too.
There was a woman behind me and Doris on Saturday who gassed about her recent and forthcoming holidays, and other insignificant crap, from kick-off until half-time. Whenever anything exciting (not much!) happened on the pitch she'd spout "I missed that (ha, ha), what happened?!!"
I can't do with that and wanted to relocate. But the terrace was full. The turnstile area simply takes up too much usable space.
Fortunately Madame Gasbag moved on at half-time.
The North Terrace is really only a fair weather option. Assuming many others think the same, then the obvious inclement weather option is the MBW.
But I'm not sure I'd want to bother with the MBW. From a distance it doesn't appeal.
So it'd have to the PM Stand, and an extra few quid.
But there again, if it's pissing it down and howling straight into the PM Stand, then the first dozen rows will be empty, and everyone will be huddled up in the 'Gods'!

While the facade of The Globe is very impressive, from a practical point of view the PM Stand should be where the North Terrace is, and visa versa. And the newly renamed South Terrace would need a lid on it 8-)
Plain Peter

Postby DeeBee » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:20 am

Globe
DeeBee

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:21 am

Globe Arena.

Even though I don't much recognise many people in the MBW Stand ! :(

Think all the North Stand massive have vacated to the PMG Stand :(
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby glagys » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:09 am

globe
glagys

Postby chipbuns » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Heysham_red wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:If the team had won all 5 home league matches nobody would be disgruntled about pies , gravy , views , prices etc.

I disagree, There maybe less people disgruntled but the results don't alter the fact that some of the new ground isn't as good as some part of the old ground.

on a personal level I would say Christie but its close. And its close because everyone knows the new main stand, community facilities and other such things are miles better than Christie. However its fairly obvious that the MBW stand is not as good as the North stand. The biggest problem is that the home fans bring in a huge amount of revenue through season tickets and on the day tickets and I would imagine there are more users of the MBW stand on this board than there are of the main stand (but obviously I don't know that) and if they (we) are disgruntled then our voice will be heard more. The other reason its close is because of the potential at the globe. If the club sorts out the home stand then most of the negatives towards the ground would be non-existent. I honestly believe that the design of the MBW stand was not done on the cheap but instead was an attempt to replicate the North stand but on a smaller scale. This hasn't worked. My fear is that, although the club maybe aware of this, the massive success of the main stand and the extra revenue it generates means that a blind eye is being turned to the MBW stand and supporters. Perhaps in the hope that some fans spend more in the mains stand.

The other catch is the club cant publicly criticise the development of the stadium as this may affect the sponsorship deal. On the plus side there is likely to be a direct link to the globe (as in the company) which they may utilise to try and fix the problems that have come up.

I have to agree that there seems to be a loss of certain aspects of the family club. From a PR level the club could quite easily release a statement saying that they are aware of issues with the new ground and, with globe construction, are look into dealing with the concerns risen by our fans. I think if many of us fans could see that the club was trying to do something that, initially, would be enough to stop some of the negative attitude towards the Globe arena. It just feels that the hardcore standing home fans are being left in the dark.

hit the nail on the head. Agree with everything that Heysham Red has said here.
chipbuns

Postby PottedShrimp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Christie Park
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Postby Ntini » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Globe
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Lloydie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:12 pm

75% Globe, 25% CP

I think you all know what 25% of the ground was better..

The Wright & Lord suite is the winner for me though, I'm in there Fri and Sat next week and looking forward to it
Lloydie

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Globe

i think in fairness a lot of these problems for the standing supporter are minor problems what can be amended in the summer like making more room in the MBW stand by reducing the size if the disabled bays or making a purpose built undercover one on the north stand and the drinking situation around the back of the MBW stand could be sorted by a less expensive under cover canopy :|

i just wished they had not bothered with the half-hearted open terrace they should have kept to the original plan of the ground and developed and consentrated all there efforts on 3 stands and done the 4th side at a future date this would have avoided a lot of these problems and complaints with a full pre-season
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:22 pm

Christie Park.
------------------
The North Stand was simply amazing, fantastic view, good acoustics etc. The MBW is just poor im afraid, I dont see why we couldnt have made a smaller version of the north stand with the same type of structure.

Peter McGuigan looks amazing, fantastic facilities from when i've had a look around. Although can I just say, the restricted views are a major c*ck up from Globe Construction, how was that allowed to happen?
Crooky MFC

Postby thedoc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Christie Park.

(But I'm an Old Fart...)
thedoc

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Christie Park.
------------------
The North Stand was simply amazing, fantastic view, good acoustics etc. The MBW is just poor im afraid, I dont see why we couldnt have made a smaller version of the north stand with the same type of structure.

Peter McGuigan looks amazing, fantastic facilities from when i've had a look around. Although can I just say, the restricted views are a major c*ck up from Globe Construction, how was that allowed to happen?

More likely to have been the Architects who you could also suggest are responsible for the MBW Stand although it could be that the changes from the original design were as a result of the specification changing during the build process.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:04 pm

The MBW stand cannot be altered to solve its main problem - that people under a certain height are unable to see because the depth of the steps is so low. That's an architectural mistake (Croft Goode?) and surely should have been apparent with all the technology they can use nowadays?

Unfortunately we are probably stuck with that for years to come as the first thing the board will want to spend any money on is the North Terrace where, presumably, they would be able to put more money-making corporate boxes.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Curly » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Christie Park for me.
As a fan who hates seated stadiums, i'll never be using the main stand so it doesn't matter
to me what facilities it offers.
The MBW stand has nowhere near the views the North Stand offered, it lacks atmosphere too.
As has been said repeatedly, the catering is much worse and now offers no options go to another outlet during the match.
Other issues like the bottleneck exits don't help the place grow on me.
The proportions of the place just don't feel right, standing in the MBW stand looking up at the
Main Stand feels like Warton Crag next to Kilimanjaro.
I understand the clubs problems and why they have taken the corporate route to fix them,
but there is a gamble, will profile sponsors spend the same if you're non-league?
No problem though really, just up the price of a pint to £10 and describe drinking it in the rain
as " a water feature ".
Last edited by Curly on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Heysham_red wrote:

The 2 statements above made BOLD by me, sum up EXACTLY how I am feeling about the whole thing right now .....

I am a season ticket holder in the MBW and have STILL to this day not received a letter from the club about facilities in the PMG Stand which are available etc etc !! Maybe the club feel that because I've gone for the "cheaper" option season ticket (still £285 mind !!!) in The MBW, I won't have the funds to use the PMG Stand facilities.....
Last edited by Seasider9601 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:13 pm

Curly wrote:No problem though really, just up the price of a pint to £10 and describe drinking it in the rain as " a water feature ".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion